(008) Meet Connie Malone

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (008) Meet Connie Malone

#161 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:I want the players to be playing in a game they enjoy and if some of them want to be mages/clerics I should accommodate them. I'll figure it out if the players will stick with me.[/ooc]
Considering that I've been in your games for more years than I want to remember (since what, 1998?), I think I'll stick it out a while longer ;)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#162 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:Zaki helps Pedro get the passengers checked in, and she also collects the medical information forms from each passenger.
Each of the passengers checks in and provides their forms. Zaki is pleased to note that each are healthy, normal, specimens. There are a couple of dietary restrictions: 1 human male has a shellfish allergy and all 3 vargr have reactions to theobromine (chocolate).

Theobromine really isn't good for humans or any other animal, but humans can handle it MUCH better than dogs/vargr. Luckily, there are chocolate analogs (carob is one) safe for humans and vargr that can be stocked. Caffeine is also bad for all of us, but takes a *lot* more to be dangerous for humans or full sized vargr than theobromine.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun remembers not to smile at the Vargr and replies cheerfully “I am keeping you safe and earning my pay”. She then awkwardly adds “I hope you enjoy your journey”.

She will assist as necessary prepping the ship and passengers for lifting to orbit and transit to the jump point.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#164 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Once all the passengers are settled and preflight is completed, Pedro will look for a green board, then comm Traffic Control. "Control, this is Pedro Wong, Captain of the "Connie Malone" requesting clearance for liftoff, orbital transit and route to jump diameter headed outsystem".
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#165 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Tiglath wrote:(OOC: I'm happy for events to be moved along! :) )
me too, but Eris has been quiet in other games, too, so I'm guessing RealLife is intruding again. It seems to be a chronic illness with most of us these days :lol:
Yep, I've been more missing than I wanted. It's partly been RL (weather and my Mom;s health mostly), but part of it has been trying to stay up with all the games I'm running and playing in...plus some ennui with things in general. I'm afraid I might need to exit the games I'm playing in so I can concentrate, solely, on the ones I'm running. Hate to do it though. :(

Just so y'all know, I'm running four games: In The Marches, Exploring Mantan, Akus Moby, and Silverband. The first three are Traveller set in OTU, and two home brewed TU's and Silverband is a fantasy game using home brewed rules and set on home brewed world. Two are forum and two pbem.

The Silverband game probably needs some reworking based on comments from several players...they want to be able to cast some spells, say some prayers...and I'd tailored this game to be only magic items for PC's. I want the players to be playing in a game they enjoy and if some of them want to be mages/clerics I should accommodate them. I'll figure it out if the players will stick with me.
Akus Moby is still around????
bruce.desertrat wrote:Once all the passengers are settled and preflight is completed, Pedro will look for a green board, then comm Traffic Control. "Control, this is Pedro Wong, Captain of the "Connie Malone" requesting clearance for liftoff, orbital transit and route to jump diameter headed outsystem".
Carlos checks Skywatch and listens in on Traffic Control, roughing out a course to the jump point. He also starts setting up the jump program itself. "So far so good, Skipper." He keys the intercom back to the engine room. "Engineering, Bridge. Stand by for full power on clearance."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#166 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Keven wrote: Akus Moby is still around????
Well, it's Akus Moby 3.0, the re-re-reboot.

same general game, buncha strangers/distant cousins inherit a ship, but it's an all-new cast.
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Tiglath »

Once the passengers are settled Sigrun takes post at one of the auxiliary consoles on the bridge just in case she can add any useful advice regarding the characteristics of the "fat" trader while the flight crew find their way through the routines to jump.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#168 Post by terrymixon »

OOC: It sounds like you're in space already. Is this an awkward time to knock at the airlock? ;)
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by Keven »

terrymixon wrote:OOC: It sounds like you're in space already. Is this an awkward time to knock at the airlock? ;)
We're preflighting, not launching.
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#170 Post by terrymixon »

Keven wrote:
terrymixon wrote:OOC: It sounds like you're in space already. Is this an awkward time to knock at the airlock? ;)
We're preflighting, not launching.
OOC: Pity. ;)

IC: A tall woman in worn coveralls with a Navy kit bag over her shoulder is going to rudely arrive at the airlock and signal.

Emily Green, the almost too late arrival ;)
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: IC: A tall woman in worn coveralls with a Navy kit bag over her shoulder is going to rudely arrive at the airlock and signal.

Emily Green, the almost too late arrival ;)
OOC: I'm going to have our NPC be checking the hatches when Emily arrives and will be the first to greet our new arrival. Sigrun and Pedro are making their way around the outside of the ship doing a final check off, they will be in sight of the forward airlock just as Emily reaches John Lee who is tightening a less than perfectly tightened nut for something to do. Zaki is sorting out supplies in the Medbay. Chandra has just finished his final checks on the power plant and engines and is doing one last test on the fuel purifiers back in Engineering. Edwardo is seeing that each passenger is assigned to their stateroom and is settled in.

IC:
"Hello, can I help you?" asks the man looking up from tightening a nut on the ship's forward airlock hatch as Emily walks up the gangway. The man is wearing a grey jumpsuit with red trim down the sleeves and pant legs. He is a little under 6 feet tall and thin. He has a pleasant smile, but it turns into something of a concerned look when he sees the kit bag slung over Emily's shoulder.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#172 Post by Eris »

Let's not let the game stall!

Carlos, on the bridge, sees the woman in the navy issue jumpsuit approaching the ship on the outside camera and, seeing as he's finished all the pre-flight checks at his console decides to go over to the airlock and see what she wants.

As he approaches the airlock he sees John Lee just finishing up replacing the gasket around the hatch. The pressure leak was .001 ml per hour, and that would have been totally acceptable, but there was no reason for any sort of leak at all, so replacing the gasket was a good precaution.

He hears John Lee say,"Hello, can I help you?" and stepping through the open airlock to the outer hatch sees the woman he saw approaching the ship is now standing at the top of the gangway.

She is tall and wearing worn coveralls with a faded INS logo still over her right breast. She has a billed cap on that shades her eyes and covers her hair. The cap has a logo on the front that reads De Reita. She is lugging a very full Navy kit bag over her shoulder. Looking up at Carlos' approach he sees that she has ?blue? eyes. She gives him a smile and pulls up into something close to attention.

Ricardo and Tiglith, both see the woman at the top of the gangway with John Lee and now Carlos. They have completed the final "walk around" of the ship's exterior and are heading for the gangway to go up and through the airlock into the ship. They have a lift scheduled at 1640 and it is now 1550, so less than an hour from now.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#173 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro, not Ricardo :-)

Pedro sees the woman standing there and says "Hi, I'm the captain, something you're looking for?"
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun Volsung

Emily will notice two figures concluding their walkaround of the ship and coming up the gangway behind her. The man who introduces himself as the Captain is accompanied by a tall blonde woman who joins the tall helpful guy fixing the airlock putting herself between him and Emily. She isn’t wearing a uniform crew coverall but instead wears a black form fitting vac suit with a faded crew jacket on top. The jacket has patches and rank pins obviously removed and she wears it open revealing a sleek Navy model gauss pistol worn in a shoulder holster.

Her hair is braided at her temples but otherwise simply combed back to fall past her broad shoulders. She is attractive and seen close up wears minor scars about her face and hands that she hasn’t had cosmetically removed. She immediately makes full eye contact with Emily and doesn’t break it. Her striking eyes are heterochromatic - the blue of high atmosphere and the green of deep ocean.

She takes in Emily’s Navy issue gear and says “No berths here for the Imperial Navy! We’re full – unless you want to go cold? If not, move - we're lifting!"

Emily catches the blonde’s accent and the characteristic sing song lilt to her voice.

(OOC: Given the accent, challenging body language and the Nordic warrior vibe Emily’s local knowledge of the Marches and her war veteran status will lead her to the inevitable conclusion that she is dealing with a Sword Worlder. Lord William may have mentioned Sigrun … on the other hand he may not! ;) :) )

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#175 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun Volsung

She takes in Emily’s Navy issue gear and says “No berths here for the Imperial Navy! We’re full – unless you want to go cold? If not, move - we're lifting!"

Emily catches the blonde’s accent and the characteristic sing song lilt to her voice.

(OOC: Given the accent, challenging body language and the Nordic warrior vibe Emily’s local knowledge of the Marches and her war veteran status will lead her to the inevitable conclusion that she is dealing with a Sword Worlder. Lord William may have mentioned Sigrun … on the other hand he may not! ;) :) )
Pedro sighs, and mutters "mani leyo keylako" quietly then continues "What our enthusiastic security officer means is that we we are fully booked as regards passenger accomodations, unless you wish to travel low. " he returns to muttering keep deshshitanko comapmio from the passengers , and smiles. "If that's the case we're well equipped and experienced. After all, the Navy..." and someone watching closely might see that he addresses that word ever so slightly towards Sigrun "...saw fit to ship me halfway across known space that way, and today I'm a captain! Mirable dictu!"
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#176 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro, not Ricardo :-)

Pedro sees the woman standing there and says "Hi, I'm the captain, something you're looking for?"
Sorry! Ricardo was a different game and I know it's Sigrun the character and Tiglath the player. I'm just off today.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#177 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:

Pedro sighs, and mutters "mani leyo keylako" quietly then continues "What our enthusiastic security officer means is that we we are fully booked as regards passenger accomodations, unless you wish to travel low. " he returns to muttering keep deshshitanko comapmio from the passengers , and smiles. "If that's the case we're well equipped and experienced. After all, the Navy..." and someone watching closely might see that he addresses that word ever so slightly towards Sigrun "...saw fit to ship me halfway across known space that way, and today I'm a captain! Mirable dictu!"
Carlos sticks his head out of the airlock. "Gasket's changed, Skipper. And we're waiting on clearance. Computer's tracking like a bloodvark. No problems." He looks at the new girl and raises an eyebrow.
In The Marches:

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#178 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote:Let's not let the game stall!

Carlos, on the bridge, sees the woman in the navy issue jumpsuit approaching the ship on the outside camera and, seeing as he's finished all the pre-flight checks at his console decides to go over to the airlock and see what she wants.

As he approaches the airlock he sees John Lee just finishing up replacing the gasket around the hatch. The pressure leak was .001 ml per hour, and that would have been totally acceptable, but there was no reason for any sort of leak at all, so replacing the gasket was a good precaution.

He hears John Lee say,"Hello, can I help you?" and stepping through the open airlock to the outer hatch sees the woman he saw approaching the ship is now standing at the top of the gangway.

She is tall and wearing worn coveralls with a faded INS logo still over her right breast. She has a billed cap on that shades her eyes and covers her hair. The cap has a logo on the front that reads De Reita. She is lugging a very full Navy kit bag over her shoulder. Looking up at Carlos' approach he sees that she has ?blue? eyes. She gives him a smile and pulls up into something close to attention.

Ricardo and Tiglith, both see the woman at the top of the gangway with John Lee and now Carlos. They have completed the final "walk around" of the ship's exterior and are heading for the gangway to go up and through the airlock into the ship. They have a lift scheduled at 1640 and it is now 1550, so less than an hour from now.
"Afternoon," the woman said. "I see you're about to lift so I'm glad I skipped the coffee. I'm Emily Green and I may be here for the fastest job interview ever. Lord William sent a letter of introduction with me, so I hope to God you actually know him or I'll be quite embarassed. Is there someone I can show it to and see what we can work out? I'm a pretty good engineer and have references."

Emily

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#179 Post by terrymixon »

Emily will notice two figures concluding their walkaround of the ship and coming up the gangway behind her. The man who introduces himself as the Captain is accompanied by a tall blonde woman who joins the tall helpful guy fixing the airlock putting herself between him and Emily. She isn’t wearing a uniform crew coverall but instead wears a black form fitting vac suit with a faded crew jacket on top. The jacket has patches and rank pins obviously removed and she wears it open revealing a sleek Navy model gauss pistol worn in a shoulder holster.

Her hair is braided at her temples but otherwise simply combed back to fall past her broad shoulders. She is attractive and seen close up wears minor scars about her face and hands that she hasn’t had cosmetically removed. She immediately makes full eye contact with Emily and doesn’t break it. Her striking eyes are heterochromatic - the blue of high atmosphere and the green of deep ocean.

OOC: Eris didn't mention anything, so I'll assume Lord William didn't either.

She's about to answer the unexpected challenge when:

bruce.desertrat wrote:
"Sorry, as I just said to the gentleman here, Lord William sent me. This is for you, sir."

She handed him the letter of introduction and smiled at the woman. Not friendly but not hostile. Just polite.
Keven wrote:
Carlos sticks his head out of the airlock. "Gasket's changed, Skipper. And we're waiting on clearance. Computer's tracking like a bloodvark. No problems." He looks at the new girl and raises an eyebrow.
Emily tipped her head toward him.

Emily

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#180 Post by Keven »

terrymixon wrote:

bruce.desertrat wrote:
"Sorry, as I just said to the gentleman here, Lord William sent me. This is for you, sir."

She handed him the letter of introduction and smiled at the woman. Not friendly but not hostile. Just polite.
Keven wrote:
Emily tipped her head toward him.

Emily
Carlos frowns. "Himself callin in a chit, Skip?"
In The Marches:

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”