(008) Meet Connie Malone

Eris
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (008) Meet Connie Malone

#221 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote:Zaki sets a steaming cup of kaff down in front of Emily, then rummages around in a drawer for a pair of spoons. "There's milk and sugar, and," she holds up a bottle with a grin, "my personal favorite, honey." The blonde sits across the table from Emily and stirs a large dollop of honey into her zapana, and takes a sip. "Oh, that's perfect."

"So," she tilts her head a bit as she changes subjects. "A little about us, then. All of us except for Sigrun and John Lee were shipped here to Regina from all over the Imperium, since the war was still going at the time. By the time we all arrived, though, it was over. We got booted out of the military, and we went looking for work. That work came in the form of helping Sir William and his family; during that time, Sigrun and John Lee joined us."

"I'll let everyone tell their own story. For me, I came from the Lishun Sector, which is way trailward from here. I had been injured in combat," her voice falters for an instant, but she regains her composure, "and I don't respond to the regen process. So, I've been healing the old fashioned way. Carlos has been helping me look for new therapies as we go along, and we intend to go back to his homeworld one of these days. We have several runs to make for our current employer, and then we can go our own way with this ship."
Emily sipped her caff. "Good stuff. Me, I was the number two engineer on the light cruiser De Reita. Lord William--or as we called him, Windy--was the chief engineer, my boss, and my friend. We took a critical hit in engineering at the Battle of Ruie. Stunned him and he almost caught a face full of steam. I got him into an escape pod when we started losing pressure and stayed behind to stabilize the power plant and keep life support going."

She took a longer drink of caff and stared out into the distance. "That didn't work out so well for me. The Zhodani boarded us and I ended up an a running gunfight. Shot some, got shot a lot back. In the end, I had severe burns, broken bones, and gunshots when I ended up in the Zhodani military hospital. Pro tip: It's no fun having your hair on fire. I had radiation poisoning, too, I suspect from the comments about 'glowing in the dark' the Zhodani made just before they shoved me into an Autodoc.

"I'm told they kept me there and repatriated me in a prisoner swap. I woke in an Imperial military hospital. It's all fuzzy, but I think I had about six months on Medical Slow and in an Autodoc. Six more months of physical and psycological therapy later, they discharged me. that would be just a few days ago."

Emily rose and poured more caff for herself. "He didn't know I'd survived until I was awake. He thought I'd been killed in action. Almost was. He's a good man to help me get back on my feet and I'm pretty sure he put in a word with the Travellers' Aid Society. They never said who sponsored me, but I'm sure it was him."

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote:Emily rose and poured more caff for herself. "He didn't know I'd survived until I was awake. He thought I'd been killed in action. Almost was. He's a good man to help me get back on my feet and I'm pretty sure he put in a word with the Travellers' Aid Society. They never said who sponsored me, but I'm sure it was him."
"You were fortunate that the Zhodani military looked after you. From some of the stories I've heard about them, I'm a little surprised." Zaki shrugs. "I've had no dealings with them, so I have nothing else to go on." She checks her holo display. "I'm still working on your accommodations. Once we jump, I'll be able to finish."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun announces her presence with “I came for the smell of zapana but stayed for your story. I hope you didn’t mind me listening but it is rude to interrupt someone telling a tale – at least in the Sword Worlds”. If she has been there a while it seems she is adept at being unnoticed.

She moves to the drinks dispenser and adds “Carlos is due his zapana - your opening the tin must have set him off!” She smiles “I’ll make the Kapiten some beltakaf - we should keep him some asteroid dust for flavour”.

Then she turns to her new crewmate and states “You are brave and loyal Emily Green. Your actions saved the Jarl and no doubt many of your shipmates. With the drives blown and the Zhodani boarding you must have known the situation was hopeless - but still you fought!” Sigrun smiles “I am impressed!”

She indicates the piping over the left breast of Emily’s INS coveralls and asks “Was this how you won your MCG? I know that the Imperial Navy doesn’t give them away for nothing! In the last war I would have sought you out in personal combat with such a decoration. Now maybe we can trade some tales instead of blows?”
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#224 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote:
terrymixon wrote:Emily rose and poured more caff for herself. "He didn't know I'd survived until I was awake. He thought I'd been killed in action. Almost was. He's a good man to help me get back on my feet and I'm pretty sure he put in a word with the Travellers' Aid Society. They never said who sponsored me, but I'm sure it was him."
"You were fortunate that the Zhodani military looked after you. From some of the stories I've heard about them, I'm a little surprised." Zaki shrugs. "I've had no dealings with them, so I have nothing else to go on." She checks her holo display. "I'm still working on your accommodations. Once we jump, I'll be able to finish."
"Frankly, so am I. Still, the only ones I really had a chance to interact with were shooting at me, so I'm not going to give them too many props."

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#225 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun announces her presence with “I came for the smell of zapana but stayed for your story. I hope you didn’t mind me listening but it is rude to interrupt someone telling a tale – at least in the Sword Worlds”. If she has been there a while it seems she is adept at being unnoticed.

She moves to the drinks dispenser and adds “Carlos is due his zapana - your opening the tin must have set him off!” She smiles “I’ll make the Kapiten some beltakaf - we should keep him some asteroid dust for flavour”.

Then she turns to her new crewmate and states “You are brave and loyal Emily Green. Your actions saved the Jarl and no doubt many of your shipmates. With the drives blown and the Zhodani boarding you must have known the situation was hopeless - but still you fought!” Sigrun smiles “I am impressed!”

She indicates the piping over the left breast of Emily’s INS coveralls and asks “Was this how you won your MCG? I know that the Imperial Navy doesn’t give them away for nothing! In the last war I would have sought you out in personal combat with such a decoration. Now maybe we can trade some tales instead of blows?”
Emily twiched a little, but inclined her head toward the Sword Worlder. "You can be very quiet. I only did what I had to. The longer I kept the ship working, the more people that could escape. Once the fighting started, I had already given up hope of surviving. Only buying more time meant anything. Perhaps that make an impression on the Zhodoni. And yes, they awarded me the MCG for that."

She smiled. "I'd be happy to trade tales. I'll fight if I have to, but I'm not one to seek it out."

Emily

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Emily twiched a little, but inclined her head toward the Sword Worlder. "You can be very quiet. I only did what I had to. The longer I kept the ship working, the more people that could escape. Once the fighting started, I had already given up hope of surviving. Only buying more time meant anything. Perhaps that make an impression on the Zhodoni. And yes, they awarded me the MCG for that."

She smiled. "I'd be happy to trade tales. I'll fight if I have to, but I'm not one to seek it out."
Sigrun replies earnestly “Your award was well deserved. I would like to think I would have done as much as the Jarl were it in my power. He is a good man”.

Then she gives a wry, self mocking smile and adds softly “There are always surprises - Sword Worlders can be quiet, the Zhodani turn out to be humane and I once met an Imperial who made me cry”.

Her gaze drifts to Zaki but then she focusses back to Emily and continues “The Zhodani would surely have noticed your courage but for them it seems warfare is a science or a profession - not a calling”.

She gives Emily a smile “I think you are an Imperial reflection of me Emily Green. The old powers of fate have put us together just to see if we will be interesting. Now, I owe you a tale - so what would you know of me?”

Edited

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#227 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:
terrymixon wrote: Emily twiched a little, but inclined her head toward the Sword Worlder. "You can be very quiet. I only did what I had to. The longer I kept the ship working, the more people that could escape. Once the fighting started, I had already given up hope of surviving. Only buying more time meant anything. Perhaps that make an impression on the Zhodoni. And yes, they awarded me the MCG for that."

Sigrun replies earnestly “Your award was well deserved. I would like to think I would have done as much as the Jarl were it in my power. He is a good man”.

Then she gives a wry, self mocking smile and adds softly “There are always surprises - Sword Worlders can be quiet, the Zhodani turn out to be humane and I once met an Imperial who made me cry”.

Her gaze drifts to Zaki but then she focusses back to Emily and continues “The Zhodani would surely have noticed your courage but for them it seems warfare is a science or a profession - not a calling”.

She gives Emily a smile “I think you are an Imperial reflection of me Emily Green. The old powers of fate have put us together just to see if we will be interesting. Now, I owe you a tale - so what would you know of me?”

Edited
"The storyteller should pick the tale. I will listen to what you feel is right."

She leaned back and sipped her caff.

Emily

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#228 Post by Keven »

terrymixon wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun replies earnestly “Your award was well deserved. I would like to think I would have done as much as the Jarl were it in my power. He is a good man”.

Edited
"The storyteller should pick the tale. I will listen to what you feel is right."

Emily
Carlos comes aft from the bridge and pours a cup of zapana, black, no sweetner. He comes to the table and kisses Zaki on the cheek. "Well, we're in jump, so nobody took a shot at us so far." He sits next to her and looks at Emily and Sigrun. "The girls bringing you up to lightspeed, Emily?"
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#229 Post by terrymixon »

Keven wrote:
terrymixon wrote:"The storyteller should pick the tale. I will listen to what you feel is right."

Carlos comes aft from the bridge and pours a cup of zapana, black, no sweetner. He comes to the table and kisses Zaki on the cheek. "Well, we're in jump, so nobody took a shot at us so far." He sits next to her and looks at Emily and Sigrun. "The girls bringing you up to lightspeed, Emily?"
“They are, so much as anyone can in a few hours. You have much trouble with people shooting at you on the way to jump? I’ve heard this tune and it rarely ends well over the long haul.”

Emily

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#230 Post by Keven »

terrymixon wrote:
Keven wrote:
terrymixon wrote:"The storyteller should pick the tale. I will listen to what you feel is right."

“They are, so much as anyone can in a few hours. You have much trouble with people shooting at you on the way to jump? I’ve heard this tune and it rarely ends well over the long haul.”

Emily
Carlos shrugs. "Not really. The people we're packing this run? They work for 'Mr Suit'. Somebody tried blowing up his shuttle. With us on it." He rubs his ass a bit. "And we scammed off Ruie a couple weeks ago under fire, in a junkheap that wouldn't pass a safety inspection anywhere remotely civilised. Before that, I think I got shot at once in my 14 years in the Scouts. That includes boffing about on the ground as well as in vacc."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Tiglath »

Surprised Sigrun laughs “Emily Green, you are civilised for an Imperial - that must be why you fight so well!”

She straddles a chair and says “I’ll add my side to Carlos’ tale. I was hired for an extraction: find Jarl William - last seen as a POW but never repatriated”.

"On Ruie Mr Petamore and I conducted some soft recon and discovered a covert base refitting Imperial vessels for use as a privateer fleet. Ruian extremists known as Luzon were using Imperial Navy POWs to provide the knowledge that they lacked. This operation had Ine Givar hallmarks all over it".

"We regrouped and went back in. The crew waited in our G carrier ready to fly direct into the hold of the trader that held the prisoners. Myself and another mercenary penetrated the base, killed the sentries and then coordinated storming the trader with the arrival of the Jarl's yacht as fire support. The yacht's crew were all veterans, old wolves - I liked them! I sent four Ine Givar puppets to the corpse hall and didn’t think it too many. Then I released the Jarl and the other prisoners”. She laughs “As soon as he was out he wanted to fight!”

“Our crew then took possession of the perfectly viable prize vessel” she grins “Carlos is picky, I’ve flown them with holes in! You'll have to get Chandra to explain how the Jarl had already sabotaged the drives - it really was a death trap! However, as we made jump distance they threw a nuke at us. Now, you know that’s Fleet Ordnance - so we really, really upset them! Bottom line - add some state sponsored terrorists to the list of those who love us less”.

Deadpan she indicates Zaki and Carlos adding "These bad people upset the other Imperial Corporation so you and I can point that out to the assassins and they will simply leave us alone”.

Then she continues levelly "The level of threat is such that Ling’s own security officer is packing a laser rifle! Welcome aboard".

Sigrun immediately asks "I've armed everyone else. Do you have a weapon and armour?"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Deadpan she indicates Zaki and Carlos adding "These bad people upset the other Imperial Corporation so you and I can point that out to the assassins and they will simply leave us alone”.

Then she continues levelly "The level of threat is such that Ling’s own security officer is packing a laser rifle! Welcome aboard".

Sigrun immediately asks "I've armed everyone else. Do you have a weapon and armour?"
"Carlos, darling, it is so hard to find good help these days," Zaki snarks.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun appears not to hear Zaki but smile lines show at the corners of her heterochromatic eyes.

She continues “In the event of a corporate boarding action I have had some pin badges and shirts made for those of us who are blameless. I have a spare “It wasn’t me!” in our size - sadly I took the last “It was them!”

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#234 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:
Surprised Sigrun laughs “Emily Green, you are civilised for an Imperial - that must be why you fight so well!”

She straddles a chair and says “I’ll add my side to Carlos’ tale. I was hired for an extraction: find Jarl William - last seen as a POW but never repatriated”.

"On Ruie Mr Petamore and I conducted some soft recon and discovered a covert base refitting Imperial vessels for use as a privateer fleet. Ruian extremists known as Luzon were using Imperial Navy POWs to provide the knowledge that they lacked. This operation had Ine Givar hallmarks all over it".

"We regrouped and went back in. The crew waited in our G carrier ready to fly direct into the hold of the trader that held the prisoners. Myself and another mercenary penetrated the base, killed the sentries and then coordinated storming the trader with the arrival of the Jarl's yacht as fire support. The yacht's crew were all veterans, old wolves - I liked them! I sent four Ine Givar puppets to the corpse hall and didn’t think it too many. Then I released the Jarl and the other prisoners”. She laughs “As soon as he was out he wanted to fight!”

“Our crew then took possession of the perfectly viable prize vessel” she grins “Carlos is picky, I’ve flown them with holes in! You'll have to get Chandra to explain how the Jarl had already sabotaged the drives - it really was a death trap! However, as we made jump distance they threw a nuke at us. Now, you know that’s Fleet Ordnance - so we really, really upset them! Bottom line - add some state sponsored terrorists to the list of those who love us less”.

Deadpan she indicates Zaki and Carlos adding "These bad people upset the other Imperial Corporation so you and I can point that out to the assassins and they will simply leave us alone”.

"That's an excellent story. Thanks for saving Windy. He didn't tell me he had so much trouble after the fight." Emily shrugged. "I lost everything in the fight. Couldn't get a weapon in the hospital. They frown on that kind of thing. I didn't have much time either, or I'd have missed you. I have a pack with my clothes and Windy's hat. He insisted."

Emily

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#235 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun appears not to hear Zaki but smile lines show at the corners of her heterochromatic eyes.

She continues “In the event of a corporate boarding action I have had some pin badges and shirts made for those of us who are blameless. I have a spare “It wasn’t me!” in our size - sadly I took the last “It was them!”
Emily laughed. "I'm sure that would save me."

Emily

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote:"That's an excellent story. Thanks for saving Windy. He didn't tell me he had so much trouble after the fight." Emily shrugged. "I lost everything in the fight. Couldn't get a weapon in the hospital. They frown on that kind of thing. I didn't have much time either, or I'd have missed you. I have a pack with my clothes and Windy's hat. He insisted."
Sigrun replies “You are welcome. The Jarl is a good man but in truth it was Lady Jane, his strong wife, who really saved him and not me. That is an important part of the tale". She grins "However, having rescued a Jarl and taken a prize vessel in the process does my reputation no harm at all!”

Sigrun seems uncomfortable when Emily mentions she has no weapon. She continues “I have just bought weapons for all of the crew from a dvergr smiðr – a dwarven weaponsmith. Her weapons are excellent – my gauss pistol is one of hers. It is the Imperial Navy version chambered for the 4mm rifle round. Since one was first fired at me I've always wanted one”.

Sigrun draws her gausspistol from her shoulder rig and offers it to Emily "Please, take it for now if it will make you feel more comfortable. You have been badly done by. A warrior such as yourself should not go unarmed and unequipped - it is ... unseemly. Why would they not let you have a weapon when you were wounded and weak? We have snub pistols as crew issue and I have a suit of ballistic cloth armour that will fit a warrior”.

“We also have a spare SMG* in the ship’s locker. It is a basic Ruian make but there’s not much that can go wrong with it! The Jarl carried it briefly. It has only three spare clips and their carry pouches might need another clean”.

(OOC: * This was one of the on board Luzon guard’s weapons. I assume we slung it to the back of the ship’s locker. I further assume the sentry would have been carrying only a light ammo load for guard duty.

Phew, Emily is now expositioned and equipped! :) ).

Edited: remembered the SMG!

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#237 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:
terrymixon wrote:"That's an excellent story. Thanks for saving Windy. He didn't tell me he had so much trouble after the fight." Emily shrugged. "I lost everything in the fight. Couldn't get a weapon in the hospital. They frown on that kind of thing. I didn't have much time either, or I'd have missed you. I have a pack with my clothes and Windy's hat. He insisted."
Sigrun replies “You are welcome. The Jarl is a good man but in truth it was Lady Jane, his strong wife, who really saved him and not me. That is an important part of the tale". She grins "However, having rescued a Jarl and taken a prize vessel in the process does my reputation no harm at all!”

Sigrun seems uncomfortable when Emily mentions she has no weapon. She continues “I have just bought weapons for all of the crew from a dvergr smiðr – a dwarven weaponsmith. Her weapons are excellent – my gauss pistol is one of hers. It is the Imperial Navy version chambered for the 4mm rifle round. Since one was first fired at me I've always wanted one”.

Sigrun draws her gausspistol from her shoulder rig and offers it to Emily "Please, take it for now if it will make you feel more comfortable. You have been badly done by. A warrior such as yourself should not go unarmed and unequipped - it is ... unseemly. Why would they not let you have a weapon when you were wounded and weak? We have snub pistols as crew issue and I have a suit of ballistic cloth armour that will fit a warrior”.

“We also have a spare SMG* in the ship’s locker. It is a basic Ruian make but there’s not much that can go wrong with it! The Jarl carried it briefly. It has only three spare clips and their carry pouches might need another clean”.

(OOC: * This was one of the on board Luzon guard’s weapons. I assume we slung it to the back of the ship’s locker. I further assume the sentry would have been carrying only a light ammo load for guard duty.

Phew, Emily is now expositioned and equipped! :) ).

Edited: remembered the SMG!
“Who can guess at why the Navy does anything?” Emily asked with a smile. “I deeply appreciate you offering your weapon to me. I really do. However, I would not see a warrior give up a treasured personal weapon for me. When the captain decides I’m trusted enough to carry a weapon, I’ll draw one of the snub pistols until I can find a suitable personal weapon on one of out destinations that I love as much as you love your personal weapon.”

Emily

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#238 Post by Keven »

terrymixon wrote:“Who can guess at why the Navy does anything?” Emily asked with a smile. “I deeply appreciate you offering your weapon to me. I really do. However, I would not see a warrior give up a treasured personal weapon for me. When the captain decides I’m trusted enough to carry a weapon, I’ll draw one of the snub pistols until I can find a suitable personal weapon on one of out destinations that I love as much as you love your personal weapon.”

Emily
Carlos chuckles. "Sigrun is our expert in things that go 'boom'. She'll get you strapped up in no time."
In The Marches:

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#239 Post by terrymixon »

Keven wrote:
terrymixon wrote:“Who can guess at why the Navy does anything?” Emily asked with a smile. “I deeply appreciate you offering your weapon to me. I really do. However, I would not see a warrior give up a treasured personal weapon for me. When the captain decides I’m trusted enough to carry a weapon, I’ll draw one of the snub pistols until I can find a suitable personal weapon on one of out destinations that I love as much as you love your personal weapon.”

Emily
Carlos chuckles. "Sigrun is our expert in things that go 'boom'. She'll get you strapped up in no time."

“Then I put myself in her capable hands.”

Emily

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun smiles as she reholsters her weapon “Your intuition is good but this Navy gauss pistol and I are just getting used to each other. My usual sidearm is my Ulfbert autosnub - now that I treasure”. She pats an empty space on her right thigh then rolls her eyes “Too much pistol for a shoulder holster and it scares the passengers!”
Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "Sigrun is our expert in things that go 'boom'. She'll get you strapped up in no time."
Sigrun gratefully flashes a bright smile at Carlos and replies "It is true!".
terrymixon wrote: “Then I put myself in her capable hands.”
Clearly pleased to be asked to help she replies “Then I will arm you, Emily Green! If you want something immediately then there are really just our crew snub pistols. We load a standard ship security mix but carry a speed loader of HEAP rounds with each weapon. If you prefer a more aggressive fighting style then you might like a boarding pistol. John Lee and I are going to make a pair by cutting down some sporting shotguns that I bought on Regina. Which weapons do you favour?”

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”