Expedition: Bianca to the North Woods - 03 Aug 2021

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Bianca to the North Woods - 03 Aug 2021

#321 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Still invisible and quiet, but not unusually so, Bianca wakes up and looks at the doors. She then looked around at her companions, remembering she is still out of sight. They want the doors open. Perhaps we should... Is there a broom or something we can clear the webs off with?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Marullus »

"Um...anyone know how to clean web goo off the doors?"
Standard per the book:
- Touching the webs is a sticky hazard.
- Busting through them (from either side) takes [2d4] turns.
- They'll burn away in two rounds if you light them on fire...

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie apologizes through the door. It was a precaution, is all. We'll have the doors free momentarily. She points out they should not set it alight, lest the whole place might burn down. We can cut through it with some effort though. Use some of my oil on your blades to prevent getting stuck. She begins using her knife to cut through the webbing strands.

1 flask of oil deducted.
Did we rest enough to set new spells for the day?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Marullus »

No, she came in right at 8 hours. You need another hour to set your new spells.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

OOC: :cry:

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The woman finally turns and regards her, staring for a long, dubious, moment at the human woodland witch. "Let it suffice that I shall bring you dinner... it seems I cannot make you drink."
Winnie pauses her work and smacks her forehead. I get it now! She's a witch. She meant she can't create anything to drink, just something to eat. Winnie drinks from her water skin, then continues.What do you suppose she eats? Maybe the snakes?

Modric
Guide
Guide

#327 Post by Modric »

Malenor

Yeah, the woman is so charming. Why block the door?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Marullus »

So, Winnie is taking up to 2.5 hours to cut away the webs by herself?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie (the weakling) pauses, panting. Clint and Grizzly Woman, this is hard going. Do you think you could take over while Bianca, Willow and I prepare spells for the new day?

If so, she will set about preparing a new set of spells.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Zhym »

Clint oils up his sword and helps hack through the webbing.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Starbeard »

The Grizzly Woman, quite groggy, grabs ahold of the couch's throw pillow and hurls it violently at whomever interrupted her sleep.

Once she has composed herself and remembers where she is, she looks agog at the webbing. "Now who did that? How is the Tower Lady going to bring us more of her scrumptious vittles with the door blocked that way?" She pulls out her normal knife and helps to cut away the strands.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Zhym »

Oh, we are so humped. ;)

Modric
Guide
Guide

#333 Post by Modric »

Malenor too jumps in to help cut the webs...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Marullus »

The spellcasters retreat to prepare for the day, leaving Winnie's webbing to the stronger members of the party. (Please note spells in private forums)

After an hour of sticky, difficult work, Clint, Grizzly Woman, and Maelenor manage to cut through enough of the thick strands to free the door. The mess remaining, however, is still horrendous. The masked woman stares at the webbing wreckage for a long time before she turns to the party and speaks.

"The Fates await you. They have agreed to offer you vision of your future. The first door on the left," she says, her tone seeming pleasant enough under the circumstances.

Indeed, the first door on the left stands open, the glow of the room's light spilling into the otherwise dim and dingy hallway. The hallway has two doors on each side and a metal door at the far end. All doors are closed except the one she indicated.

Date: 07 August 2021, 08:00am
Distance: None today
Light: Sunlight through windows; wall sconces
Effects: None
Injuries: Grizzly Woman (minor wound), Halla (minor wound), Bianca (minor wound), Willow (minor wound)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Zhym »

Clint looks confused. "I appreciate the kind offer, ma'am, I really do," he says apologetically. "But like I said before, I don't think I want to see my fate. If it's bad, then I'll know it's going to be bad, and if it's fate I can't do anything about it, so all I get from knowing it is that I'm sad about it longer. And if it's good, well, it's still going to be good whether I know it or not. So I'd rather not know. If that's okay."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#337 Post by Alethan »

Willow comes to her feet after her morning prayers.

After Clint speaks, she looks at him blankly and says, "Our fates are undeniable. It is better to know them and be at peace with them."

Willow steadily walks down the hallway and enters the first door on the left.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

While the cutting is going on, Bianca moves to Winnie. I will be moving with Grizzle Woman, directly behind her. I feel like we can trust our host, but I don't want to reveal every card in our hand just yet. That said she does her meditations to get her spells ready for the day.

She studies their host for a long moment then as the group proceeds forward she once more puts her hand on the back of GW and whispers. Still with you She keeps a hand on the large woman's back like a child at the market so she knows where the small and lither elf is at all times even while being out of sight.

The elven witch keeps her eyes peeled as they move in the rooms, looking for anything to give a hint at what magics or motivations there are for this assumed coven. She reaches out with all senses for clues.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Spell list updated for Day 5

Winnie apologizes again for the mess she made. It was a precaution, is all. I worry. We can clean it up more if you would like. She asks the woman for her name, hoping it isn't too presumptuous to do so, and how it happens she speaks the common tongue of the Southlands. Winnie also asks if their hostess has ever met Lamurae, the self-proclaimed goddess of snakes.

She responds to Bianca in a whisper, I'm quite certain she can "see" you, though if the rats were right and there are snakes about, perhaps they will not be able to see you. What do you think it is with the women up here and snakes?

She is also not interested in hearing about her future, but is interested in the magics that allow these women to divine things. Will your friend use cards? A crystal ball? Those are common ways in the South.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca
Rusty Tincanne wrote: She responds to Bianca in a whisper, I'm quite certain she can "see" you, though if the rats were right and there are snakes about, perhaps they will not be able to see you. What do you think it is with the women up here and snakes?
I believe you are right, but... You know me... She looks apologetic. I want to trust them... That more than anything else is what scares me. I don't want to let my guard down just yet. As for the snake thing... I won't judge. Remember what people said about us dancing for the moon and our bonefires. Who are we to do the same? Let's see what these sisters are all about and then we will decide for ourselves once we have an idea of their intentions.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”