Expedition: Bianca to the North Woods - 03 Aug 2021

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Bianca to the North Woods - 03 Aug 2021

#401 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Probs of extra healing can be taken in 3 doses.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by Zhym »

So, yeah.

Anyway, is everyone okay with Bianca getting 6 gp and the flowers and everyone else getting 142 gp?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Sorry in advance for this... but Winnie's got 99 probs but a healing potion aint one of them.
:lol: auto correct strikes again! :lol:

I'm fine with that split

This won't affect that, but Bluehorse: Winnie can go halves on the flowers with Bianca, if she wants. (142+6=148/2= 74gp each) Or is that a Tribute/memorial? (in which case Winnie will keep the cash.)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by Bluehorse »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Sorry in advance for this... but Winnie's got 99 probs but a healing potion aint one of them.
:lol: auto correct strikes again! :lol:

I'm fine with that split

This won't affect that, but Bluehorse: Winnie can go halves on the flowers with Bianca, if she wants. (142+6=148/2= 74gp each) Or is that a Tribute/memorial? (in which case Winnie will keep the cash.)
It was my idea to use it as a kind of donation to the grove and to use them to spread the seeds hoping the seeds will take so they will begin to grow wild. more flowers for medicine later.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#407 Post by Alethan »

Willow is fine with the extra coin. Inventory updated.

By the by... honey doesn't need to be preserved. It will never go bad with you do absolutely nothing to it. ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#408 Post by Zhym »

At least, nothing putting it in some hot water won't fix.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Marullus »

Bluehorse wrote:It was my idea to use it as a kind of donation to the grove and to use them to spread the seeds hoping the seeds will take so they will begin to grow wild. more flowers for medicine later.
Considering Mother Lita grew the entire Witchwood magically, it stands to reason that she can grow Tormentil seeds to fruition as well. She has no interest in going into retail business, so this will work to supply the Meetinghouse so that it no longer has a cap on the number of potions available there. I'll update the witchwood that sworn followers of Beith can go there and get one free potion before each expedition.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Does that work as a tribute to Bianca? Just trying to figure out if Winnie is pitching in on that. If Bianca is getting 150 XP from a level tribute-thing, then Winnie will keep a full 142gp.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by Marullus »

No, I'm giving a generous IC effect. No XP award on top of that. ;)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by Bluehorse »

Marullus wrote:No, I'm giving a generous IC effect. No XP award on top of that. ;)
This is more what I was going for actually, so thanks for that one. ;) I wanted something with the potential to benefit everyone for the long game.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

That's cool. Winnie will be happy to be in on that and share the gold with her coven-sister. BH, give Bianca 74gp.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by Bluehorse »

okay. So soon as the Dice Roller is back up and running I will correct the GP in my inventory to reflect the 6gp 74gp (Thank you, Rusty) rather than the 125. I believe that wraps us up for this venture. Well done everyone :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Zhym »

Oh, my. Rusty's rendition of Winnie's song is a thing of joy.

We may not get any XP out of it, but I hope Marullus lavishes Winnie with all the XPs.

I'm still chuckling at the verses about Clint.
Last edited by Zhym on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#416 Post by Bluehorse »

Yes! I can actually hear the tune when I read that one, it is hilarious! I absolutely love it! Winnie needs to drink more often! Would Bianca or someone be allowed to make a second attempt or is this a 1 shot per adventure deal?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

:oops: Thanks! I was so nervous about it. I'm no songster or poet, so you'd think writing bad poetry would be easy, but it made it even harder. I'm really glad you liked it! :D (Writing about Clint from the perspective of a teenage, free-love-hippie-cultist was really fun. I really wanted to make him more central but I also knew she would have wanted to point out that, should a green dragon come calling on Gaul, the town can blame the mage that publicly shamed and embarrassed her in the tavern. Though with her failure, that's likely to backfire or no one will remember.)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#418 Post by Marullus »

Enshrining this here. :)

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 89#p374011
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Marullus wrote:
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Winnie will do Bard duties for the group, so we should get a bit more XP, unless something goes terribly wrong.
Winnie Tale Telling [1d20] = 20
Regrettably, Winnie's tale of pacifistic witchery will be ill-received by the populace. Please write it up accordingly (as it can still be referenced by other PCs)....
Winnie let Bianca, Willow and Barre travel ahead to the the Sacred Grove. I'd like to tell of our journey North. People need to know there is a second dragon so close, and that those women-snakes are able to charm people and elves, and they are in league with snakes. It is all very serious.

She entered the Golden Tooth Tavern as Regis the Gray was starting a long, humorous ballad, so she ordered a bottle of Southern wine and drank while waiting for the end. By the time the ballad ended she had imbibed 2/3rd of the bottle and, between the alcohol and the minstrel's jovial tune, her own mood was brighter. She asked to borrow Regis's lute again and struck up a jaunty tune, making the words up as she sang.

Just sit back my friends and I'll sing you a song
About seven companions and an animal throng
They went to the north, just traipsing along
in the wild-wild, wildering North Woods

Day one, as we went, barely time to look back
Our group was beset by a wild baboon pack
We fended them off with a swhick and a whack
In the wild-wild, wildering North Woods

With apes all dead or fleeing from us,
We started back northwards, but don't have a fuss!
Later that night we camped in the moss

We woke to the screams of our very own guards
With weaseljays rushing them at them real hards
Again we defends ourselves from their barbs

Later that day we were...
She stopped short. No. That won't do, will it? Basically, there are a LOT of weird creatures out there that will try to kill you. Weaseljays and Bug-bears tried for us. But Halle, Berra, the Grizzly Woman and Clint... She paused again. Her words slurred a bit as she continued. Clint...He's yummy ladies. He killed all those bug-bears all on his own! Real strong and brave. I'll tell you more about him. She started strumming the lute again.

Clint is the sort of guy you could like
Not just in day, but also the night
He's just the right size, and just the right height
I don't know if he dances as well as he fights, but...

Clint paid for our passage across the river
A beautiful woman... well he had to sleep with her
She seemed mighty pleased - the next morning she shivered
Then said her goodbyes and went down the river

She paused her singing again, but kept strumming absentmindedly until someone in the crowd started laughing. Oh. Right!

We'd been told of a mama green dragon, turned mean
'Cause Earc blinded her babies, unable to see
And Amistad killed them both to a tee
And now she might come a looking down here just to see...

So we walked down the river and found an old house
That had sunk in the muck of a bog, and a mouse
warned us of of ladies with snakes as their scouts
they turn folks to mud and they live in that house!

But Clint would protect us so we went straight in
We ate all their food and our heads they did spin
They read us our fortunes without our askin'
And all we could do was... Well we just sat there and grinned

She stopped again, suddenly realizing how wrong everything was going. She stumbled out the door and vomited on the footstep of the Stancell Green Honorary Latrine.

When she regained her senses, she would have just left if she hadn't left her backpack and staff inside, so she hefted herself and crept back inside, slipping into a booth without looking. She held her face in her hands for a few minutes, and when she finally looked up, she was surprised to find herself face to face with Fingers. Oh. Hi. I didn't see you here. Don't you own that shop in town? Sorry. That was awful. I shouldn't have tried making it up on the spot. Not with a half bottle of wine in my belly. I really want to get out of Gaul again. Especially after that, err... performance. Ugh. What do you have planned? Do you need a witch? I have a guard dog. Do you like dogs, I hope? She promised not to drink on an empty stomach again.

I'll deduct the cost of a bottle of wine when the roller is back up and running.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”