Action Thread 13

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 13

#61 Post by Alethan »

Considering their options, Till finally says, "Let's retrace our steps and exit the base of this tower. We'll leave the door open a crack - just enough to be able to get it open again - and use the hidden entrance Bruard found. That will let whoever is there know we're coming - we know it and he knows it, so nobody is surprised. Then we'll just wait there at the entrance, weapons away, to see if he comes to greet us. Hopefully he won't mind the intrusion too much..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Considering their options, Till finally says, "Let's retrace our steps and exit the base of this tower. We'll leave the door open a crack - just enough to be able to get it open again - and use the hidden entrance Bruard found. That will let whoever is there know we're coming - we know it and he knows it, so nobody is surprised. Then we'll just wait there at the entrance, weapons away, to see if he comes to greet us. Hopefully he won't mind the intrusion too much..."
"Agreed. I will keep my Charm Person spell at the ready, just in case..."

OOC: did we close or secure the doors at the base of the tower that opened out onto the plain?
Last edited by Argennian on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#63 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
Alethan wrote:Considering their options, Till finally says, "Let's retrace our steps and exit the base of this tower. We'll leave the door open a crack - just enough to be able to get it open again - and use the hidden entrance Bruard found. That will let whoever is there know we're coming - we know it and he knows it, so nobody is surprised. Then we'll just wait there at the entrance, weapons away, to see if he comes to greet us. Hopefully he won't mind the intrusion too much..."
"Agreed. I will keep my Charm Person spell at the ready, just in case..."

OOC: did we close or secure the doors at the base of the tower that opened out onto the plain?
I believe Till indicated they would close and secure them before they went up the stairs. It seems like this area is never used by anyone... I suspect we'd be OK with leaving the door ajar just a little, at least for a day or two. Or... maybe not a bad idea to see if there is any noticeable traffic around the wall of the city, where a guard normally patrols. But, then again, that is something Till would have noticed when he was doing his observing and it wasn't mentioned.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#64 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard says This sounds like a good idea. When we get back out, I'll show you where I found the secret entrance covered with vines
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:Bruard says "This sounds like a good idea. When we get back out, I'll show you where I found the secret entrance covered with vines"
"We all agree, so let's move. Jeloon grow tired of not doin' nuthin'."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by Alethan »

Till leads the rabble on as indicated in discussion.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 2:15a

Rabble :) .

The party quickly makes the decision to move and going by the light of the moon and infravision, they move northward to the tower at slice 5. They are able to get back down and out of the tower, leaving the door unlocked and slightly ajar. Then make their way over to the hidden entrance.

Traveling along the wall, the hidden entrance is vine covered, about 400’ in from the corner. So 200’ East of where the elevated walkway at 5 meets the outer wall. The whole outside wall seems to be covered in these flowering vines. Bruard indicates the entrance and can easily move away the vines, you see that this section of the wall has been excavated forming an arched entry to this area.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote: Rabble :) .
Check the time on the post. I was delirious. :|

Still am.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

Till, weapons still put away, steps through the vines.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 2:16a

Till steps easily through the vines. They offer more of sight barrier, than an actual barrier to entrance. Though they hide the entrance well.

As soon as he disappears to the other side, everyone hears a low growl.

PM sent.

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#71 Post by Alethan »

In an even and steady voice, Till speaks from behind the vines. "You can come on through, but move slowly and be mindful of the wolves."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:In an even and steady voice, Till speaks from behind the vines. "You can come on through, but move slowly and be mindful of the wolves."
Jeloon, relieved to hear Till's response after hearing the growling, carefully makes his way through the vines as instructed. She has her sword in hand and will not hesitat to lash out if any wolf poses a threat.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Argennian »

Yosef's eyes get wide and his left eyebrow raises up in curiosity. "Fascinating," he offers to no one in particular as he slings his bow amd draws his longsword. (Ode to my boy, spock! :wink:)

He will nod to the others his readiness and prepare to follow them through.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

At the sound of a sword being drawn from its scabbard, the ever calm and collected voice of Till carries softly through the vines, "Away put your weapons, Yosef."

(Ode to my boy, Yoda.)

After a brief pause, he adds, "We don't enter the house of a friend with weapons drawn..."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Argennian »

Yosef's brow furrows in both amazement and suspicion as he wonders how Till could've heard him draw his sword from the other side of the wall. He looks at Bruard nervously, wondering if their halfling companion is either under duress or is somehow under the effect of subdjugating magics.

The elf waits to see what happens when Jeloon walks through the portal weapons ready. He makes sure that the Wand of Fire is at the ready in his front belt line.

OOC: indeed! :P

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Jeloon walked through with sword sheathed, but hand on hilt, not sword drawn.

After Yosef's hesitation is realized, Till continues, "Wait there if you like. Or come through unarmed. But please make those your only two choices!"

As he finishes, it sounds like he is getting further away from being just immediately on the other side of the vines.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:After Yosef's hesitation is realized, Till continues, "Wait there if you like. Or come through unarmed. But please make those your only two choices!"

As he finishes, it sounds like he is getting further away from being just immediately on the other side of the vines.
"Very well then, Till. As long as you say we are safe and now be among friends," replies Yosef, figuring that since he's already been called out to and identified, it is useless to remian quiet. He looks in grim silence but great concern towards Bruard and waits to see what the cleric of Shinare will do, or perhaps say.

Alethan wrote:OOC: Jeloon walked through with sword sheathed, but hand on hilt, not sword drawn.

OOC: perhaps I missed somenthing via pm? :)
dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:In an even and steady voice, Till speaks from behind the vines. "You can come on through, but move slowly and be mindful of the wolves."
Jeloon, relieved to hear Till's response after hearing the growling, carefully makes his way through the vines as instructed. She has her sword in hand and will not hesitat to lash out if any wolf poses a threat.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

Ah, yeah, it got changed in a pm. Sorry, Mitch.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 2:20a

We will assume that our radio star is busy and NPC his character for the moment. :D

Bruard shrugs at the elf, shoulders his shield, but puts away his mace and walks through the vines.

Peeking through (if he doesn’t go immediately through) Yosef can see 6 wolves surrounding his friends. The wolves look, almost expectantly, at the party, get up and start walking toward the great oak tree in the middle of the area. Till and Jeloon start to follow. With a look back at Yosef, and yet another shrug, Bruard follows suit.

The wolves, unless they turn off, are heading directly for the almost 200’ tall, and obviously quite healthy, oak tree.

Map is here viewtopic.php?p=17612#p17612 . Sorry for the delay, some work ugliness.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#80 Post by Alethan »

Till quietly whistles a jig he remembers from his childhood while he follows the wolves to the tree.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”