Action Thread 13

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 13

#1 Post by rredmond »

Here is the map. The red circle in the center is the tower. The blue is stuff that hadn't been examined by Till. I've numbered the slices for you. #1 is the main gate entrance, #5 is the bird outer tower. #8's outer tower is in ruins. Now, because I screwed up the maps (rather because I really only just got the maps :) ) I screwed up the perspective a bit. #1 faces south, so toward the end of the pass, #7 faces the forests, #3 faces about where you all are presently camped. In the hills to the west. Till technically should have examined #3, but instead examined #5, as well as #4 and #6 surrounding it.

I know it got screwed up a bit, but please ask me lots of questions so I can make it right. Here's your map, and it's also in the map thread.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (30.01 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 13

#2 Post by Argennian »

Yosef finally breaks his stoney, silent stare at the walled city and looks back to Till, Bruard and Jeloon.

"Alright then, friends. Your thoughts on how we should approach this? Till, you were the closest of us all and observed the most. What say you in this? Should we move simply move to the main gate or try to gain access from another location?

"When we do move forward, should it be only us four or do we risk bringing along our men and pack animals? I was thinking that it would be easier for us to move quickly without them, if we have to..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Till nods in agreement.

"I think the four of us can move faster, as well. And with Bruard's helmet, we don't even need a light source!"

(Oh, yeah! Nice, eh?)

"I think we should approach the tower on the northeast side, to the left of the druid's tower, if you're facing south, and see if we can gain entrance through one of the more derelict or lesser-used towers."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Till nods in agreement.

"I think the four of us can move faster, as well. And with Bruard's helmet, we don't even need a light source!"

"I think we should approach the tower on the northeast side, to the left of the druid's tower, if you're facing south, and see if we can gain entrance through one of the more derelict or lesser-used towers."
Bruard nods in agreement to both of these ideas, then adds 'Remember, I don't have to be wearing the helmet... any of us can use it, but I don't mind doing the scan either.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:
Alethan wrote:Till nods in agreement.

Bruard nods in agreement to both of these ideas, then adds 'Remember, I don't have to be wearing the helmet... any of us can use it, but I don't mind doing the scan either.
OOC: I meant that Jeloon, Till, and Yosef all have infravision, so they wouldn't need the helmet. Bruard, on the other hand, couldn't see in the dark without it.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:OOC: I meant that Jeloon, Till, and Yosef all have infravision, so they wouldn't need the helmet. Bruard, on the other hand, couldn't see in the dark without it.
Ohh, I see what you're saying. Good point... I didn't even think about that.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 1:00a

With Till leading the way, and you all relieved of your stuffs, traveling, again, just the four, it takes but two hours to get back to within 200’ of the walls of the back of the city. Traveling just by the light of the moon and your infravision.

You are heading left of the ivy covered bird tower, to the seemingly deserted tower (just for clarity slice #6, correct?) and the cleric speaks the words to activate the true seeing on his helmet and take a good long look before you head in.

It becomes immediately obvious that this area looks more deserted than any you’ve, or Till, has seen. It doesn’t even have plants growing, or trees spotted around like the other slices, totally bereft of vegetation and almost of ruins. There may be one building standing, but it’s near the rear and barely taller than the wall, thus difficult to see. Now the tower still looks pretty sturdy, its 60’ high, and has massive stone-looking doors that are 10’ wide and 15’ tall. It looks to have windows starting about at 25’ up, with rotten wooden shutters. There is an elevated walkway, about 20’ high that connects the tower to the main wall.

There are still birds flying around. They stay mainly by slice 5, but do fly over head at times. I figure you've stopped at the tall grass line, about 200' out. Remember the outer tower is 50' further in and 150' from the walls.

PM sent. True Seeing function tracked in consumables.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19[/b]
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: True Seeing 4 minutes; Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Argennian »

Yosef endeavors to remain unseen from the catwalk and windows above by hugging the tower wall. He keeps his bow and an arrow to hand and continues to keep a wary eye out for any guards or watchers on duty. He looks nervously at the birds flying about while he waits for Bruard to complete his obervations with the Helm of Sight.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard, after finishing scanning the close towers says I need a closer look at the walkways and walls. I'm going in. Keep an eye on me and one behind us.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:Bruard, after finishing scanning the close towers says I need a closer look at the walkways and walls. I'm going in. Keep an eye on me and one behind us.
Jeloon nods affirmatively. She contemplates switching to her bow, but decides to keep her sword at the ready.

Her eyes and ears open, she continuously scans the immediate area.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 1:02a

Now with Bruard leading the way, he moves in closer, in between the towers of #5 and #6. Bruard apparently scans all around, checks out tower #6, then the elevated walkway, then moves in to within about 110' of the outer wall, scanning that up and down. He moves quickly, without delay, and seemingly without fear.

PM sent. True Seeing function tracked in consumables. Does anyone else change what they are doing? Just getting a sense of where you all are.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19[/b]
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: True Seeing 2 minutes; Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

Till will stay within sight of the others, but focuses his attention on the tower that is seemingly deserted (#6), to see if he notes anyone or anything observing them.

For the time being, he has his sling out and ready, with a bullet in hand.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon will hang back with the rest of the party while Bruard performs his scouting. She remains itching to press on, but will wait until the necessary precautions have been taken.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by rredmond »

As far as everyone's infravision, and regular vision (looking for fires or anything) this was a good choice. It looks really deserted. A campfire can be seen here or there flare up in other slices, including slice 7. Though now Bruard has moved forward between 5 and 6, but those of you back can tell that 7 has at least some inhabitants. But you really don't see anyone patrolling walls or elevated walkways at all. No faces (around here) that pop up at all, except those birds.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard is still examining the walls with his helmet. He is now sweeping towards slice five. Once done, he'll return to the party and report what he's found.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 1:04a

Bruard seems to make a quick decision and starts to run at about 110 - 120' away from the wall, continuously scanning the wall, the flat ground aiding his attempt at quick scanning. The run surprises you all, but within a couple minutes, after he makes his way around the corner of the walls between towers 5 and 6 he stops, taking quiet but deep breaths.

PM sent, which will depend on where Bruard is, and what he sees. All the rest of you can react though.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Wait, so which way did he go, George?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 1:08a

Bruard runs the length of the wall, then gets about to tower #5, before he stops. The cleric then seems to take a breath, while waiting for (or going over to) the others.

PM sent.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
[/quote]

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote: Bruard runs the length of the wall, then gets about to tower #5, before he stops. The cleric then seems to take a breath, while waiting for (or going over to) the others.

PM sent.
Ah, ok. I thought you were saying he ran AWAY from the wall (meaning, he ran north, away from the city and everything). TY for the clarification.

Till, concerned by Bruard's sudden movements, runs to his side to find out what the problem is. He continually scans the way Bruard came from, expecting to see something was chasing him.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard quietly returns to where the rest of the party is. That area (he points at area 6) seems to be well fortified, although I see no one patrolling the area. But in this part of the wall (he points at area 5) there seems to be an opening that I can see that is hidden by some vines. Again, I see no heat signatures, so it seems that there is no patrol, but the vines seem to be magically enhanced, no doubt the work of a druid, I suspect. So, if we move or cut the vines, our presence may be revealed, but it seems that this is our only way in along this back part of the city walls.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”