OOC I: The Sunless Citadel

DM: Dave
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC I

#781 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ok so that is my attempted move then trying to free myself.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#782 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I am not entirely sure how to use my bonus action but i was shooting to dash back Northeast and sort of circle to the northwest
Kelben can use 'Cunning Action' as his bonus action:
Cunning Action.jpg
Cunning Action.jpg (35.48 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
In this situation, in addition to his action (e.g. breaking free from the entangle) and his movement, Kelben can use his bonus action to dash (e.g. move again), disengage (not really applicable), or hide (if this, please also provide a stealth roll).[/ooc]
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#783 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok so I'm trying to sort of circle back to where Scott is moving his character to. Not entirely sure i would need to use dash so I am torn between dash or hide but I need to see the map more in the area i am trying to move to, to have a better idea of exactly how much of my movement is going to be needed.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#784 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Ok so I'm trying to sort of circle back to where Scott is moving his character to. Not entirely sure i would need to use dash so I am torn between dash or hide but I need to see the map more in the area i am trying to move to, to have a better idea of exactly how much of my movement is going to be needed.
To reach Scott, it would definitely take your dash.

Even though you break free from the entanglement which completely restrains you, your movement is still halved in the affected area -- so it will take you 10 of your 25-feet just to get cleared.
Dash.jpg
Dash.jpg (70.71 KiB) Viewed 999 times
With Kelben's dash, he can end up behind Klilxuac with maybe 5-feet to spare.[/ooc]
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#785 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thank you Dave for the image this is the path I'm hoping to take with dashing it doesn't have to be exact but that is the general plan to move in a place where i can still attack from a ranged distance with some cover in between the enemy.
Attachments
kelben's path.jpg
kelben's path.jpg (102.85 KiB) Viewed 997 times

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#786 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Using the skimisher the direction I'm moving is back towards Klilxuac. However can I attack the retreat using disengauge?
This skirmisher reaction would be a continuation of Kelben's turn in round 4.

So, he would have done this; but because he was attacked, and an opponent ended their turn within 5-feet of Kelben, he can also use his skirmisher feature as a reaction to escape without drawing an attack of opportunity. This is all still part of last round.

Whether he takes advantage of the above or not, I will still need his actions/movement for the current 5th round.

Make sense?
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#787 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes that makes sense so skimisher will be to move as indicated then in round 5 I'll attack with my bow. I'll have to edit my post

GreyWolfVT

#788 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mind you I'm on my cellphone so editing and adding rolls is a bit more of a pain.

Edit: post fixed.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#789 Post by dmw71 »

Just a bump... I need some actions here. Actually, I need all actions.

---

Also, this.

I took a quick look at the adventure summary for Forge of Fury and I'm confident I can have it ready to go for when this one wraps. I already figured out how to hook this first one into the next, so we're good.

(I'm determined to eventually get you guys into (but no guarantees on getting you out of) Tomb of Horrors.) ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#790 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Honestly Dave if I die in the ToH it would not be the first time. I've been soul sucked into a gem before already by Zhym. So I don't have high expectations of living through ToH. The forge game does sound interesting.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#791 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:The forge game does sound interesting.
It actually does!

I gave the front matter of it a quick read over lunch, and I have a page of notes on how to tie it and this game together. It'll be kind of cool. :)

While I took a break from the game during my college years, I started playing D&D 39 years ago, 1e for a majority of that time, and I have never read/played/DM'd Tomb of Horrors. Ever. It's legendary, so I've heard things about it, but I've never even peeked at the game being played here (by Zhym, and by someone before him, I believe). The closest I've come is what I've read in the book Ready Player One.

It will all be new to me.

I am very (very) curious to see how the 5e version compares to the 1e version, though. (So hurry up, guys!) ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#792 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm trying to hurry up hope my posted action is doable using skirmisher ability again and then downing that healing potion you gave us. Unfortunately it dowa prevent me from attacking or helping the dragonborn....I'm just hoping they leave him be since he is down and focus on the 3 of us still fighting. But i was suddenly given a wake up call when i see Kelben 4 HP I was going to switch to rapier and stab at Sir Bradford but that 4 HP with 2 foes on me altered my course of action.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#793 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:...hope my posted action is doable using skirmisher ability again...
I'm not looking at the game, and don't remember the initiative order, but your skirmisher ability is only available when an opponent ends their turn next to you. If you're not in melee, you can't use it.
GreyWolfVT wrote: ...then downing that healing potion you gave us.
I'm going to use the Critical Role rule regarding potion use:
  • It's a bonus action to drink it yourself;
  • It's a full action to administer it to someone else.
You'll use your move to move, then most likely use your action to dash (second move), and use your bonus action to drink the point. If this plays out as I've just outlined it, please make sure to remove the healing potion from your character sheet.
GreyWolfVT wrote:But i was suddenly given a wake up call when i see Kelben 4 HP I was going to switch to rapier and stab at Sir Bradford but that 4 HP with 2 foes on me altered my course of action.
Speaking of your character sheet, I do hope you (and by "you," I mean all of you) are independently tracking your hit points and other details. I do my own tracking, which I consider to be the truth, but it's possible that I make a mistake. If you can prove to me where my amount is wrong, I will gladly fix it. I do link to every change in hit points, which should help in the event you want to go back and double-check.
HP: 24-5 = 19-15 = 4
By my accounting, you were only hit twice -- once for 5 damage, the second time for 15 -- or 20 total.

24-20 = 4

So, yeah, I'm thinking it's correct.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#794 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah i just forget to update my HP on my sheet same with missile weapon ammo... :roll: but that is entirely on me in the failure to keep my stuff current I did fix my HP. Just didn't change HP for the potion I rolled the listed roll on the potion but looks like i may need to re-roll that based on the Critical Roll rule? Or do i misunderstand that?

Also based on the position of the last update I am face to face with Sir Bradford so does that not count even if he decided to attack the dragonborn rather than me?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#795 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Yeah i just forget to update my HP on my sheet same with missile weapon ammo... :roll:
I'm normally a stickler about this, but I'm not tracking ammunition in this game -- no worries.
GreyWolfVT wrote:Just didn't change HP for the potion I rolled the listed roll on the potion but looks like i may need to re-roll that based on the Critical Roll rule? Or do i misunderstand that?
The Critical Role rule (which may actually be an actual rule?), just defines how long it takes to use a potion. There's a 'Use an Object' action, which is your full action. The Critical Role rule just turns that into a bonus action if you're using the potion for yourself (instead of a full action). It's still a full action if you want to use a potion on someone else.
GreyWolfVT wrote:Also based on the position of the last update I am face to face with Sir Bradford so does that not count even if he decided to attack the dragonborn rather than me?
If Sir Braford is adjacent to you, you could have used your reaction from last round (round 5) to move half your movement (25/2 = 12.5, or 10):
[b][url=https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/xgte/subclasses#Skirmisher]Skirmisher[/url][/b] wrote:Starting at 3rd level, you are difficult to pin down during a fight. You can move up to half your speed as a reaction when an enemy ends its turn within 5 feet of you. This movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks.
I will add this extra 10-feet movement as part of your upcoming turn.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#796 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright. Sorry Scott I would just use the potion on you but i have a bad feeling if i do I'd get chopped down by Sir Bradford myself.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#797 Post by Scott308 »

No problem, Ed. He does a lot of damage, and neither one of us are in very good shape right now.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#798 Post by GreyWolfVT »

thats a bummer on the death save roll Scott, but at least it is not a 1. :shock:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#799 Post by dmw71 »

Ugh.

Things are starting to look real "interesting" for you guys.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#800 Post by GreyWolfVT »

by interesting you mean we're up something creek and with no paddle or boat... :roll:

Return to “Tales From the Yawning Portal (5e)”