OOC Discussion and Table Talk II

Zhym
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: OOC Discussion and Table Talk II

#481 Post by Scott308 »

Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by Norjax »

Scott308 wrote:Welcome to Hell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0VvHZMaTs
LoL!

Scott308

#483 Post by Scott308 »

I don't know how much I will be able to post over the next week and a half. Saturday is my marathon game and Sunday will be catching up on sleep. Next week I'm busy with Gamehole Con Wednesday- Sunday and my normal game night is Tuesday. I'll try to post when I can, but can't guarantee anything. Feel free to NPC my character so I don't slow things down.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#484 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Oh dear. Rool!

Zhym, what does Odillo have for spells right after being raised from the dead? I don't imagine he's much use to anyone right now.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by Rex »

I am going to be away from the internet until November 26th. Might be able to post on Thanksgiving day, but not sure until then. Feel free to NPC my PC.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Rex

Scott308

#486 Post by Scott308 »

Hmm. I had a post at work yesterday where Risdac cast Levitate, but it seems to have not posted successfully. Would Tanner prefer to use his helm or have Risdac cast Levitate on someone?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#487 Post by Urson »

Tanner may as well use his helm. Save the spells for a bigger emergency. :lol:
Last edited by Zhym on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Testing (unrelated to the game; sorry). Added a comment, removed the comment.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#488 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Hi all. So I've been perusing Odillo's sheet and I keep coming back to the Rod of Absorption. It seems like that should have been in his hand the entire adventure so far to absorb all those darkness spells, the wall of flame, etc. (I don't remember exactly which spells were targeted at Odillo specifically, mind you.) He could then hand it off to a cleric or paladin to add healing spells to the party. With a limit of 50 spell levels, of course.

Am I reading that correctly? Does it make sense to start that policy going forward?

Also, was the group able to collect any of the Unseen Servant's gear when he died?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by Zhym »

Yes. The Unseen Servant's body is just lying there, waiting to be looted. :)

Here are some things to keep in mind about the Rod of Absorption:
  • It can absorb 50 spell levels total (i.e., each spell level absorbed is like expending a charge on a rod with 50 charges). So you might want to choose carefully which spells to absorb.
  • The spells must be targeted at the wielder of the Rod. As per the description for the Ring of Spell Turning (which the description for the Rod references), area effect spells are not absorbed, nor is magic contained in devices that are triggered without spell casting.
  • The spell-like abilities of demons, devils, and the like are not spells but abilities, and so likely would not be absorbed.
I realize that all those restrictions seem to seriously Nerf the Rod. But maybe you'll run into an old-fashioned spell caster anyway. :)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by ravenn4544 »

Zhym wrote:Yes. The Unseen Servant's body is just lying there, waiting to be looted. :)
He had the vorpal sword I remember. That's a good one :) "Healy" stuff would be great too!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 3: Hell's Bells

#491 Post by ravenn4544 »

Just a reminder that Malibran the mighty healer - is out of heals :)

Zhym - do we need to update a new OOC thread as I see both are being used and they are over 20 pages. thanks!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#492 Post by Norjax »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Malibran. If he pulls through, we're calling him Rustle.
:lol:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by Zhym »

Thanks for the reminder about the thread length. I'm closing this one.

New OOC thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=489&t=8006

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”