OOC Discussion and Table Talk II

Zhym
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion and Table Talk II

#161 Post by Zhym »

I apologize for lack of posting. I'm swamped by work right now and probably will be through at least Thursday, which means I won't realistically have a chance to update this game until the weekend.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry about the delay.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Rex »

No big deal, sometimes life happens. Good Luck!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Norjax »

Rool will lead the way into the tunnel, after it has been illuminated.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Zhym »

ravenn4544 wrote:Malibran scans the group as they proceed and now notices that Odilo still seems less confident in proceeding than Malibran knows him to be. "Come, Odilo, let the grace of Pholtus invigorate your fortitude!"

Cast cure serious wounds at Odilo

Cure Serious Wounds [2d8+1] = 9+1 = 10
Didn't Malibran already use all his healing in this post?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by ravenn4544 »

Hey Zhym - I assumed he rested long enough to recover based on the below and I haven't seen anything to the contrary. If we aren't ready to move forward, i'd like to rest further because as you mention I am tapped out otherwise.
Malibran is ready to go assuming he has rested to recover all spells. Prior to advancing, he will cast Light on his shield to help provide some additional illumination.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Zhym »

Wheter you're ready to move forward is up to you. You've rested once after the big battle. Malibran used his full complement of healing spells afterward. You have not rested again.

And if y'all talk about resting again without doing anything else, your DM will make lots of noise about how an entire temple full of good people are stuck in hell waiting for you to come save them. And I'll also probably roll lots of dice. Fair warning. :D

That said, I'll let you change your spell list for the day if you want to swap out some spells for healing spells.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#167 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm ready to move on i guess... kinda regret jumping onto this ship though.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by ravenn4544 »

ready to go as well. I marked those spells above as used. No one get hit by anything :)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#169 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll try like hell Ravenn4544
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Urson »

Ready as always.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Zhym »

Rex wrote:Xale

Xale will wait a few minutes for any sign from the scouts, then move in and cover the skeletons in case they animate.
To clarify: the "scouts" are invisible, and they need to stay close enough to the party to use the party's light sources. Even if they spot something, they'll have to say something about it, because no one will see them wave.

So if you're waiting on a "sign" from the scouts, you'll be waiting a while. I'm pretty much assuming that the group is moving in formation with Rool and Khogeki invisible about 30' or so ahead.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by AleBelly »

Hi,

I'm going to have spotty internet access and will be pretty busy over the next two weeks. Please NPC Hallagad as necessary.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Urson »

Who's-Yer Con is this weekend. I'll be AFK until Monday.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#174 Post by Scott308 »

Have fun, Urson! Are you playing anything run by You Too Can Cthulhu? I've played in several of their games at Gary Con and I know they consider Who's-Yer Con their home con, as they are local to the area.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308

#175 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac was going to try filtering out the glass by pouring it through a piece of cloth, but I'm fine with moving on.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by ravenn4544 »

Shout out to the movie Ready Player one for it's Tomb of Horrors reference towards the end. Come to find out after that it plays an even larger role in the book. Haha - have to go read that now!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Zhym »

Yup. It's pretty big near the beginning of the book. I figured it wouldn't make it to the movie, though. Too obscure a reference for most, alas.

I may not be able to update tonight, BTW. If not, the next chance I'll have to update will probably be Wednesday. Apologies in advance.

Scott308

#178 Post by Scott308 »

I didn't expect ToH to make the movie just based on the amount of time it would take up and the effects required to pull it off, although that last part may not be much of a factor, as pretty much everything is heavily effects laden. I was still a little disappointed because I was really hoping to see that, but overall I thought they did a pretty good job with what they did put on screen.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Zhym »

Hey folks. I could really use a standard procedure for how Rool (and the Unseen Servant?) will scout ahead. An invisible light source sheds no light, so they either need a way to see in the dark or someone visible with a light nearby.

How far to people plan on staying behind the invisible scout(s)? And how will you know where the scout is so you can follow at that distance? Or is there some other scouting protocol?

Basically, I need to know where you will all be when the inevitable ambush comes. so I don't have to waste too many twice-a-week (best case) moves on exploration. :D

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Norjax »

Rool's intent is to progress with the movement light-bearers. He will stop when they stop and move when they move.

Those with light will have to control the pace of exploration. When Rool decides to remove his ring of invisibility, that is their cue to stop until motioned forward.

Obviously, if he falls into an illusionary pit (without successful detection) no one will see that. :P

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”