Goode Dogge Artefact and Curiositie Shoppe

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Goode Dogge Artefact and Curiositie Shoppe

#21 Post by Zhym »

And Marullus has given the okay, so the sword is now officially yours.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Smoglea heads out of the shoppe and a barely audible "My Precious." is thought to be heard as he leaves patting the sword's sheath.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Zhym »

Olaf will buy the diamond from Fingers's shop. He also collects his 75 gp share of the proceeds from the sale of the cursed bastard sword.

Net: -925 gp, +1 1,000 gp diamond.

Also: Marullus, would you please remove Olaf's old cursed sword from the shop inventory?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Marullus »

Funil the dwarf wanders in, offering a shield on consignment. "I got the Raven Shield of Jarule, now... heirloom for my house," he says proudly. "I don't need some human wizard's creation."

A mighty rounded heater shield, the edges embellished with double rows of metal studs and decorated with feather-like metalwork. (+3)
It is exceedingly light to carry armed (3lbs, not 10lbs) and is of Ellurian make.
Asking price is 1,200gp.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Zhym »

Olaf buys the rounded heater shield. True, it's of human make...but give the humans credit. They did a good job with it.

Payment of 1 diamond (1,000 gp) and 20 pp deducted.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Marullus »

Funil pays Fingers the 120gp consignment fee and happily takes his diamond and 80gp.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Marullus »

Alyse puts out a massive blue-steeled two-handed sword with a flamberge blade for sale, listing its price at 3,000gp.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Zhym »

Lug enters the shop. His face gets as red as his armor at seeing, "Fingers McGraw, proprietor." But the proprietor is nowhere to be seen. Just the red-headed shop girl. So Lug calms down and points to the big sword with the curvy blade.

"That," he says. "I want that."

Do shops usually accept jewelry at face value as payment, they way they typically do with gems? Or do they need to be converted to cash first? I'll post the form of payment (gold, gems, and/or jewelry) after I know whether the jewelry is a viable payment option.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Marullus »

NPC shops do. Fingers choice if he does.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Zhym »

Sure.

Lug hands over two fine pieces of dwarven jewelry (500gp each), two sacks of gold (1,000gp total), and a diamond (1,000 gp).

"Gonna have to think of a name to call this thing," he says, taking the sword.

Fingers will put the diamond and jewelry up for sale at face value.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Walks in seeing a young red haired lady. Good evening young lady. I am here looking for spells to learn. May I see what you have available.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Zhym »

The red-haired shopkeeper shows Baxtaw the following scrolls for sale:
  • Distort Distance (5); Protection from Evil (1); Conjure Elemental (5); Fear (4): 1,500 gp
  • Invisible Stalker (6); Magic Aura (1); Continual Light (2); Dancing Lights (1): 1,000 gp
  • Passwall (5); Wall of Ice (4); Protection from Normal Missiles (3); Massmorph (4); Shocking Grasp (1): 1,700 gp
"They're only available as full scrolls, I'm afraid, or we'd end up neck high in scrolls with nothing but Sleep and Read Magic left on them."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- I would like the second scroll. But the spell I am looking is Magic missile.Are you able to aquire that spell. I will pay you 400gp for it. He pulls a diamond from his pouch to pay for the scroll.

1 Diamond 1,000gp value
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Zhym »

Dram wrote:Baxtaw- I would like the second scroll. But the spell I am looking is Magic missile.Are you able to aquire that spell. I will pay you 400gp for it. He pulls a diamond from his pouch to pay for the scroll.
"We rely on adventurers for our stock, so it all depends on what people bring in. But if we come across that spell, we'll let you know!"

Scroll deducted from store inventory. Proceeds distributed as follows:
  • Consignment fee: 10% (100 gp)
  • Allmond, Bandy, Fingers, Hengist, and Markd: 180 gp each

Allmond is an NPC, so he can get his share immediately. Fingers will put his share toward the shop. The shares for Bandy, Hengist, and Markd are all available for them to pick up.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Thank you young lady, I checked back occasionally to see if you aquired the spell I am looking for.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#36 Post by Alethan »

Dram wrote:Baxtaw- Thank you young lady, I checked back occasionally to see if you aquired the spell I am looking for.
OOC: There are other players who might be able to help you, if you can catch them at home. If not, maybe just leave a note for them at their tower...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Stirling »

A red haired freckled girl ralks to another red haired freckked girl.

Foxy, "Miss Alyse, what can you tell me regarding the Zavarra Sigil? I am scouting further west and knowledge of these ancient places would be useful. Do you have an old ordnance survey map of the area?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Zhym »

Alyse gives Foxy a queer look. "I don't know what an 'ordinance survey' is, but we do have a map to Zavarra and the sigil that will allow a person get there. We don't list it among our items for sale because it's not really shop inventory. It belongs to the owner, who says he plans to use it some day—if he survives his current expedition, of course. So selling it is kind of complicated. How much should one ask for the key to an ancient forgotten city and all the treasures that may be found there? It could be priceless. Or it could be worthless. "

The red-headed shopkeeper looks Foxy up and down, quickly estimating her red-headed customer's net worth. "No offense, but a fair up-front price is almost certainly more than you can afford. But I have an idea. By giving up the map and sigil, Fingers would also be giving up the share of treasure he could get by using it himself. So maybe that should be the price: a full share of treasure from your mission."

"There's still an 'investment' risk, though. What if your mission fails? Or you run off with the sigil without ever seeking out Zavarra? Or you reach Zavarra, find fabulous treasures, and somehow 'forget' to return to Gaul and this shop? Then the sigil is lost and Fingers gets nothing. Maybe some sort of collateral is called for, to ensure that you use the sigil to maximize both your profits and his. The collateral would be returned when you return with treasure. You could even think of it as free storage of surplus items. But do you have anything worthy enough to serve as collateral?"

"Or perhaps there is a way to execute a binding contract at the Wooden Keep, declaring you an outlaw if you do not return with the sigil or Fingers's share of treasure in a certain time period. We could inquire at the Keep."

"What do you think?"

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Stirling »

Foxy

"Why Miss Alyse, you sound as much an enterprising rascal as young Fingers McGraw.

My westward scoutIng is only in the embryonic stage of course and maps such as these are only preliminary tools.

Any share of reward for my expeditions comes with people taking the comensurate risk, in person.

I believe the map is of elven origins? Do you speak Elven Alyse? Perhaps I could translate what the map says for you? The sigil is significant only to those who wish to venture to Zavarra. I expect to scout further, an arcane penitentiary is not such a vocational call.

If the map is not at hand I will enquire again when your master returns."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Marullus »

So I am clear - Foxy is asking to copy the map, not take the key or travel to the City?

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”