000 readying the Maize Star

ffilz
erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

Re: Kicking off

#61 Post by erkenbrand »

Ramona wrote:Wait... I could have stolen a mobile gantry?
https://youtu.be/-DPZ7FVV-Js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30InBgGhiSo

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#62 Post by erkenbrand »

Simon follows Ana to the bridge, "In my long an uneventful career, I have yet to find a trading ship worthy of what one may call a design aesthetic, apart from the yachts of the rich and famous, profit line being the thing and all that, they tend to stick airlocks where they can"

He locates the environmental controls and executes the protocols that bring the internal atmosphere back to normal, if they aren't locked out that is.

GodricTheWell
Scout
Scout

#63 Post by GodricTheWell »

Mark sat just below the rim of the berm, glancing back and forth between the perimeter—secure—and the city of unrest—less secure. He reflected on the chaotic shapes in the darkness, making out what he believed to be one of the scrap yards in the distance. Mark thought about the ship on which he had just spent the last 8 years of his life, a rusty bucket, but reliable... slowly settling in to the discarded past.
Why had Cpt. Filsin wanted to retire here!? It made no sense. Surely she hadn't been born here? Even without the conflict, this place was a mess.
Mark scanned the perimeter again.
She did seem in an awful hurry to leave her retirement party. Too bad the ship didn't have enough legs to make another trip to somewhere less forsaken.
He touched his breast pocket where her letter of recommendation sat, untested.
Hopefully, it'll get me crewed up.
Mark settled onto his elbow, looking back down at his ticket off this planet, and absently readjusted his filter and scarf.
insert(wit)

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by Ramona »

erkenbrand wrote:Simon follows Ana to the bridge, "In my long an uneventful career, I have yet to find a trading ship worthy of what one may call a design aesthetic, apart from the yachts of the rich and famous, profit line being the thing and all that, they tend to stick airlocks where they can"

He locates the environmental controls and executes the protocols that bring the internal atmosphere back to normal, if they aren't locked out that is.
Ana watches over Simon’s shoulder as the environmental systems return to life, “You see that’s what I don’t understand, this is your livelyhood, your life, your business, word gets around and sooner or later the nice ships are going to attract more business from people who’ll pay more. Bare bones ships are going to attract less business and lower class type of cliental.”

“Plus the whole security issues that arrise by giving passengers a door that leads somewhere they ought naught be.”

Ana taps her coms, “Enviro’s coming online now Vee, any word from the skip?”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Ana taps her coms, “Enviro’s coming online now Vee, any word from the skip?”
"No, not yet," Vee says. "How long until the atmosphere is breathable?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:Ana taps her coms, “Enviro’s coming online now Vee, any word from the skip?”
"No, not yet," Vee says. "How long until the atmosphere is breathable?"
“Oh my cotton socks what is taking that man?” Ana looks at the environmental displays, “Green lines are going up, I’d guess by the time we lug all our crap into the airlock we should be okay, not great but okay and by the time we cycle the lock and pull all our stuff inside it should be habitable.”

Ana taps a readout next to the atmospheric readouts that lists the interior temperature at a balmy 10.8 degrees centigrade. “You may want to bring a sweater, it’s a little chilly.”

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#67 Post by erkenbrand »

Simon continues to check the ship's basic systems bringing it to life, a well drilled exercise for him, "And if someone would be so kind as to grab my case and bring it on board, please?"

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:
Ramona wrote:With 9 you might want to consider a slightly larger vessel. I’m not sure what the crew requirements are on a 400dt sub merchant / fat trader.
9 is a bit of a large crew, but I'd rather stick with the 200 ton ship. If you double bunk, you still have 5 cabins for passengers, which is only one fewer than the Free Trader is really specced out for (4 crew, 6 passenger).

One option would be if eris coil23 would be willing to let someone else play one of their characters, then it keeps it down to 7.
Sorry I've been AWOL. I'm trying to get back into the game(s). Bare with me while I get up to speed with what's going on.

As to giving up a character...I'm sort of invested in Captain Rodriquez now. I'm more than happy to just run one PC at a time, though. So, if someone would like to take over Andy the the Engineer with mad Navigation Skills...or if Frank wants just let him fade into the ether. If he goes bye bye, though, we're going to need PC's to cover Engineering and Navigation.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:
joertexas wrote:”No one has shelled us yet, you mean." Vee turned her gaze toward the sounds of not-so-distant combat. "We really need to get out of here soon."
“Try phoning the skip,” Ana replies over the coms, “maybe he ran into an old friend or was distracted by a bottle of whiskey.”
Vee does as Ana suggests, and comm the Captain.
The phone rings three times then Wen comes online"Sorry, can't talk right now. I'm with the Port Captain getting everything we need to get out of here...papers, transponder codes and taking our ship from inactive status to active. I'll be over at the ship in about 20 minutes, followed closely by refueling tankers, so stand by."

Does that work for right now?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Eris »

Over at the Port Captain's Office and the branch of a well known and wide spread Bank, Wen is just finishing up with the Admin work when his phone buzzes.

OOC: InterstellerBank? Hortez el Cid? What's a good bank that will have branches all across this Sector? Have we got a TAS member...that might be the best way to go for our banking? IAC, I want to set up an account for The Mazie Star Partnership with my money and the funds each of the partners has invested so far. We'll be able to use that to pay fees, refuel, pay for life support, buy a Jump Tape, stock the Ship's Locker, and so on.

1. Wen has set up a bank account for the Partnership

2. He has shown his proof of ownership of the ship to the Port Captain, and gotten the papers and codes that have been locked in the Port Authority's safe.

3. He has arranged for payment of dockage and other fees and seen to having the ship refueled. He'll be riding over to the ship with the trucks.

Those outside, or watching the screens see fuel trucks pull up outside the ship and a tall man wearing a filter mask hop down from the cab and give directions to the refueling crew before heading for the gangway into the ship.

Wen accesses the airlock and steps inside. He is surprised that the ship is already open, wondering who the hell had the access codes to get into the ship?

"Captain Rodriquez coming aboard."Wen announces when he enters the airlock, "Crew meeting in the forward lounge, right now!"

OOC: New thread time?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#71 Post by erkenbrand »

Eris wrote:OOC: Have we got a TAS member.
Simon has TAS.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Those outside, or watching the screens see fuel trucks pull up outside the ship and a tall man wearing a filter mask hop down from the cab and give directions to the refueling crew before heading for the gangway into the ship.
He immediately sees Vee, sitting on her duffel bag at the foot of the gangway. She stands as he steps out of the cab, and raises her comm to her mouth. Then, she lowers it and smiles as Wen approaches. "Hello, again, Captain. We're waiting for the ship's atmosphere to stabilize. It will be a few minutes before you can board without a vacc suit."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

GodricTheWell
Scout
Scout

#73 Post by GodricTheWell »

Mark sees the tankers rolling down the access road. He watches them because there haven’t been any explosions for a while.

His mild curiosity turns to hope, then panic, as the trucks turn towards the ship!
Mark does one last visual sweep of the perimeter, and then legs it down the berm. He arrives just in time to hear the one that had been sitting on the bags to warn the captain about the ship’s atmosphere.

The Captain!

Mark collects himself, pulling the recruiter bulletin from his pocket, and holds it up in front of him.

”Sir, I’d like to join your crew if there’s room. I just spent eight years with Captain Filbin on the Solar Spree until she retired.

Mark fumbled in his duffle for the letter from his previous skipper. Found it. Held it forward for Capt. Wen’s inspection.
insert(wit)

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by Ramona »

Might want to look at the new plans Eris, the psg lounge is just inside the airlock and the crew lounge is pretty tight, did the deck plan somehow get resized? I can’t see the upper deck anymore.

Ana taps Simon on the shoulder, “Skip’s here and he wants a jaw session, lets not keep your next potential boss waiting.”

Ana takes the one last look at the leveling off atmospheric readings, “Ought to be safe now Vee,”she coms opening the iris back to the hold and heading aft, “remember that 1 metre desk you were telling me about? I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s going to feel roomy in retrospect.”

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#75 Post by lenusmars »

Sara sees the fueling trucks roll up just as she's approaching the ship, her footlocker in tow. She bites her lip hoping that she's not too late. Honestly, meeting a bunch of potential crew mates was more nerve-wracking than facing the empty gulf of space on your own.

What a planet to muster out on. she thinks, shuddering at the sound of gunfire in the distance. She longingly thinks of the new scout mission she was scheduled to launch this week before her 'voluntary' seperation from the service. Custus had made good on his threat for sure. Now she was at the ass-end of space and had to try and get a new boss to take her seriously, or get stuck in a war zone.

It didn't help perpetually looking like someone's lost little sister. At 153 cm, massing only 47 kilos and 'blessed' with a face even younger than her actual 26 years, she just didn't look like the lean, wiry squinty-eyed-survivalist types that you usually found from Scout service. And it didn't look good that she was out so young. It looked like she lost her nerve.

She takes in the group of people near the ship as she slides between the fueling trucks and personell. Her heart sinks a little. This is only a type A. Usually not crewed very large, but maybe she can at least get in as the second or third string pilot? Being all alone on a ship's bridge was something she knew well.

The younger man presenting himself clues her in to who the captain is. She sighs a little. She'd been hoping Rodriguez was female. But she approaches anyway.

"Me too." She says to the older man. "Oh... Um, Hi....uh, I meant I'd like to join too... not the eight years with Captain Filbin. Kelley... my name is Sara Kelley. I'm a pilot. A good pilot." She flushes which with her skin is obvious even in the poor light. Great... I sound like a moron. Way to rock the first impressions, Sara

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#76 Post by erkenbrand »

Simon nods at Ana, he double checks the readings and rolls back his vacc suit helmet "Can't wait to meet him!" he remarks, without any sense of sarcasm at all.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Ana taps Simon on the shoulder, “Skip’s here and he wants a jaw session, lets not keep your next potential boss waiting.”

Ana takes the one last look at the leveling off atmospheric readings, “Ought to be safe now Vee,”she coms opening the iris back to the hold and heading aft, “remember that 1 metre desk you were telling me about? I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s going to feel roomy in retrospect.”
"Thank you," Vee says through the comm. "The ship's atmosphere is normal, now," she announces to everyone within earshot.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by joertexas »

lenusmars wrote:The younger man presenting himself clues her in to who the captain is. She sighs a little. She'd been hoping Rodriguez was female. But she approaches anyway.

"Me too." She says to the older man. "Oh... Um, Hi....uh, I meant I'd like to join too... not the eight years with Captain Filbin. Kelley... my name is Sara Kelley. I'm a pilot. A good pilot." She flushes which with her skin is obvious even in the poor light. Great... I sound like a moron. Way to rock the first impressions, Sara
The tall, dark-skinned blonde standing next to the captain looks at her as she approaches. The woman's filter mask covers whatever expression she might wear, but she nods in greeting. She lifts her comm to her speaker port and says something that Sara can't quite catch.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Ramona »

erkenbrand wrote:Simon nods at Ana, he double checks the readings and rolls back his vacc suit helmet "Can't wait to meet him!" he remarks, without any sense of sarcasm at all.
Ana heads back to the passenger lounge, pulls her helmet off and puts it on the table before shaking out her hair. Then she waits next to the lock for the captain and the rest of the crew to arrive.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by Eris »

GodricTheWell wrote:Mark collects himself, pulling the recruiter bulletin from his pocket, and holds it up in front of him.

”Sir, I’d like to join your crew if there’s room. I just spent eight years with Captain Filbin on the Solar Spree until she retired.

Mark fumbled in his duffle for the letter from his previous skipper. Found it. Held it forward for Capt. Wen’s inspection.
"What?" Wen stops and takes the torn paper from the man, "Ah! You want off this rock bad, uh?"

Wen grins, "Come on aboard and let me go over your CV, and you can go over the Articles of Agreement I'm proposing to run this outfit by. I think we can come to an agreement. I suspect we're going to have more folks wanting to join the crew than we really need, but if folks are willing to work for shares and contribute funds to the ship to get us going, I'll take as many on as I can."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”