Chapter 16 - Tempus' recruiting drive

AleBelly
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 16 - Tempus' recruiting drive

#341 Post by AleBelly »

These are good conditional actions, thanks.

I'm not trying to influence the decision, but something else to consider about the magic armor is that if it's dwarf-sized, it may not fit anyone. Could be bad for AC, but at least Tempus will know that they could sell it. PCs get considerably more xp (and obviously gp) if they sell magic items.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#342 Post by Zeromancer »

OOC: Yeah, true, I forget about that gp to xp award system old school games used. It's mostly been removed or relegated to optional status these days, I think. The other question is this then, would the smith in Alleborg have enough cash to buy the armor? Given the amount of work you've put into the world, I assume you have gp limits for each shop. ;P

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by AleBelly »

Yep, but Tempus is in service to the king so there's a pretty high ceiling there...

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Storm11 »

So we need to make our minds up if we are resting with the thing still inside the complex, in which case I think throwing a fair few nihjtmen corpses into the pit for it to work it’s way through would be prudent before we settle down. If we are taking it now let’s just get on with it. If Lumenor wants to leave Tempus isn’t going to stop him, but he won’t share the haul with him either from the pit, so it’s up to him :D
Greys Campaign.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#345 Post by Zeromancer »

OOC: Lumenor doesn't really have an interest in a "haul" much like a druid. :P

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Storm11 »

well then he doesn’t have to stay :D .
Greys Campaign.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#347 Post by Zeromancer »

OOC: Of course he does, he has to see his oath through. Once the group safely returns to Alleborg, he'll consider himself free of it.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#348 Post by scottjen »

Zo: We should return to Alleborg. We can get some more Greek fire & only those that wish to slay the creature can return.

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#349 Post by CAI4 »

Lucas steps up to the edge of the pit. "It doesn't look that tough, and I don't think it can get out." He loads a stone into his sling and prepares to fire at the centipede thing.

init [1d6]: 1
to hit [1d20]: 8
crit [1d100]: 94
damage [1d4]: 3

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by AleBelly »

OK, I will update tomorrow. So they will throw a couple corpses into the pit, Lumenor will take a position just outside the cave, and Tempus will stand at the pinch point to give himself enough lead time to run away. And Zo will also give himself enough room to flee?

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#351 Post by Zeromancer »

OOC: Above the cave, up on the rockface.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by AleBelly »

The party tosses a few nightman corpses into the pit, but the creature takes little mind, occupied by its current meal. Our adventurers take their positions, and Lucas begins slinging stones.

DM rolls dice

The centipede creature screeches as it's pelted by missile fire and stones. It seeks refuge amongst the walls of the pit, but it cannot climb them, and after some time the party slays the foul creature at little danger to themselves.

Using one of the party members' ropes, the group is able to inspect the contents of the pit. The suit of enchanted leather armor - which unfortunately fits none of the party members - is all that is of value in this place.

It is now nighttime, and the cavernous area seems now truly empty. Thoughts begin to wander towards what's next - a journey home in the dark? Rest here in case enemies are encountered on the way home...?

Actions?

Date: 4 Grasses (April), Year 44
Time: 21:15
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: Lucas carrying a torch, burns through 21:20
Injury status: Tempus barely wounded;

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#353 Post by Zeromancer »

OOC: It was a red herring? lol *facepalm*

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Storm11 »

Tempus rejoices at the recovery of the enchanted dwarf leather armour. This is a great find my companions. I think we should rest here tonight and set out in the morning, back to Alleborg. I don’t mind taking first watch if you wish to get some rest.
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by AleBelly »

Zeromancer wrote:OOC: It was a red herring? lol *facepalm*
Well, it was there as part of their ecosystem. For creatures dependent on smell and hearing, I thought they would have their trash far away from living quarters so rotting trash, etc. wouldn't interfere with the senses they rely on. I didn't want to fast forward past this obstacle, though, because in the future if I didn't fast forward you all would know that there certainly was danger lurking.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#356 Post by scottjen »

Zo: I agree, lets rest here & return to Alleborg in the morning. I'll take last watch.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#357 Post by Zeromancer »

Lumenor had been taken by surprise at how easily the creature had been felled. It truly had been trapped, after all. More surprising than that to the elf, however, had been the druid's rejoicing over the successful recovery of armor neither he nor anyone else could make use of. It seemed unusual that a being of the wilds would care so much about acquiring worldly possessions. Perhaps like his elvish cousin, the halfling too had been corrupted by regular contact with the humans of these lands.

"Agreed. We camp here tonight, and journey to Alleborg at first light. I will take the second watch." he said.

OOC: Yeah, I knew it was basically a trash disposal for them, and thought that maybe it was electing to stay there because they fed it. Anyway, moving on.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by AleBelly »

The party agrees to set watches. Where will the 'watcher' be stationed? Where will the party members sleep?

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#359 Post by scottjen »

Zo: I suggest the watcher position next to the southwest entrance to the ledge. That way if something comes at us they would have to be strung out on the ledge. Sleepers could be along the nearby wall to the south of the watcher.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Storm11 »

Tempus readily agrees with this plan.
Greys Campaign.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”