Ch. 3: Hell's Bells

Zhym
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 3: Hell's Bells

#481 Post by Rex »

Xale

Xale will silently add his prayers to Dalt.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by Zhym »

It is not the first time Odilo has been dead. Sort of. Last time his body was destroyed and his soul was trapped in one of Acererak's gem-teeth. Having his soul removed from his body is almost simple by comparison.

Malibran says a prayer to Pholtus, who is so much more distant than usual. Malibran's hands move above the body of Odillo in a rhythmic pattern. A with a warm blue light begins to emanate from the lifeless body. The prayer, a whispers at first, grows louder and more assertive with each utterance. "Vivere rursus in lucem...vivere rursus in lucem...vivere rursus in lucem...... VIVERE RURSUS IN LUCEM!"

Resurrection Survival (1-96=yes): [1d100] = 23

Odilo bolts upright with a gasp, then collapses—weak, but alive.

Will the past-death experience change him?

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 68/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 62 /93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 74/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 47/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 1/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 62/90; Rool (H LN T20): 64/85;
Effects: Gaseous Form (Rool): ?-2.7 turns; Silence, 15' Radius (Xale): expired
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Light (on Shield, Malibran): 10.8 turns

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#483 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Again? Odilo, looks down at his body, then at the others. A thin smile appears on his pale lips when he only sees concern, not horror. He nods his appreciation to Malibran. Thank you. For not creating an undead construct with this body.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#484 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

Welcome back. The giant cocks his head as he looks at the until-recently-dead mage. Something about you seems...different. I can't put my finger on it, though.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran nods gratefully. "Praise be to Pholtus for his restorative gift!"

He considers further, "Unfortunately, I have limited spells left. It is perhaps prudent, however, to expend a few from this scroll to ease your burden..."

Cure Serious Wounds [2d8+1] = 9+1 = 10

Cure Serious Wounds [2d8+1] = 9+1 = 10

"We will need to rest at some point soon to recover our spells and prayers. We will not be able to continue on indefinitely without them, I fear..."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Tanner visibly relaxes when Odilo sits up.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#487 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Scott308 wrote:Risdac Egargi

Welcome back. The giant cocks his head as he looks at the until-recently-dead mage. Something about you seems...different. I can't put my finger on it, though.
Odillo looks at the giant's fingers and flinches. Please. No.

He asks if the others are amenable to resting for a few hours.

Scott308

#488 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

I think finding somewhere to hole up and rest is a good idea.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Agreed. We have been through six Hells so far- we need to recover a bit. The only question is "where?'

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#490 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

A pop sounds from nearby when you glance in the direction of the sound you see.

Arex makes a slight change then.

A cloaked figure who's face is hidden by the hood of the cloak. He wears leather armor with a belt and pouches on it. A Bastard sword hangs on the left side of the belt and a footman's mace on the other. A bag is cinched to his left side belt also. A quiver of arrows and a shortbow are on his back.

A somewhat gruff voice asks as he pulls both blade and mace, "Who are all of you? Why did you bring me here? What is going on? Where am I?"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#491 Post by Rex »

Xale

"Who are you?" Xale states as he readies his hammer and moves to position himself between Odilo and the newcomer.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#492 Post by Urson »

Tanner

If you're planning on beating us all, I hope you brought some friends. Tanner chuckles as he says this. His hand rests on his sword- hilt, casually. Take it slow, trooper. There's no need for violence.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#493 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex pauses for a second...…."I am Arex S'Loron I had heard there was a disturbance at the Temple of Neheod and when I got there it was gone. Things kind of went dark and the next thing I know I'm here."

Arex sheaths his sword and slings his hammer satisfied everyone is probably in the same boat.

"You still haven't told me who you are and what's going on."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#494 Post by Rex »

Xale

"I am Xale Mav. Warrior priest of Dalt"

Scott308

#495 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

The giant introduces himself. I am Risdac Egargi. Let not my appearance fool you. I am a mage of some skill. I was human when we arrived in this cursed place, but magic does not function the way one would expect down here. But let me go back to the beginning. We had all traveled to Neheod for the funeral of a friend, only to discover the temple was no longer there. We were contacted by Emirikol the Chaotic, informing us that he had the means to get where we need to go if we would but meet with him in person. So we did. And we were granted the use of this...demonic vessel. We may travel to Hell, but I have no doubt we are already there. And now, so are you. He then quickly points at the rest of the group, stating their names as he does so, leaving it up to each of them if they wish to provide more information about themselves.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#496 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran introduces himself and finishes with a prayer of gratitude. "Mighty Pholtus be praised. He has seen fit to send us your aide in all our time of need. Indeed, the Light penetrates even here - shedding it's warmth and blessing upon the darkness of this foul world!"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#497 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Welcome aboard. Be very cautious- the Fool-Killer is everywhere here. Tanner steps forward and offers a handshake.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#498 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex greets everyone and shakes hands, "Well met. I am guessing either you can't get back the way you came or you have something you need to do first before returning...…….I do not have a way back myself. Since I am here and getting back is a problem.....If I can assist you perhaps you can help me find a way back too? From the looks of things you folks are in rough shape. Perhaps you could use a rest?"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Urson wrote:Tanner

Welcome aboard. Be very cautious- the Fool-Killer is everywhere here. Tanner steps forward and offers a handshake.
Odillo raises an eyebrow at the comment, but is too fatigued and fragile to disagree. He does point out that the boat was a full gift. For better or worse, this ship and its contents are ours.After a pause he adds, We are below deck. The ship looks smaller than it is. Likely the result of dabbling with dimensional sorcery.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#500 Post by AleBelly »

Hallagad nods warily at Odilo and Arex. His hand never strays far from the hilt of his sword; he does not fully trust they are his friends. Sudden appearances and the walking dead aren't to be trusted in Hell.

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”