#401 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh positions herself to take watch. "I got the watch covered."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2: Back to the Barrows!

#402 Post by drpete »

There is no sound beyond the south door. When you open it, you recognize it as the room with the angry ghost...

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#403 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

Well, I don't want to chase someone a'Feared through the dungeon again. I close the door.

Let's see what's behind the West door. Same as before (watch and such).
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by drpete »

Closing the south door, and heading over to the west door. You find that the west door opens into the northeast corner of a room that extends 20 feet to the east, and 30 feet south. There is a rubble pile in the southeast corner, and a bricked up door in the western half of the south wall.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#405 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

Do we want to break down the bricked up door? I'm for it (someone can search the rubble pile while I wield the wedge & sledge)...gotta start somewhere, might as well be here.

If so, someone should stand watch at the entry door. We'll be making plenty of noise for wandering monsters.
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"I will stand watch by the door."

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#407 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

OK, I'll start breaking down the bricked up door. Of the other three, two can search the rubble and one can hang back and support Nimh.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#408 Post by drpete »

Lhainor begins breaking down the bricked up door, and his hammering rings in your ears, disrupting the silence of the tombs. It seems like it'll take him a while to do this alone... nothing immediately jumps out, but it seems like it may well attract some attention.

In searching the rubble pile, you find that it is, in fact, a tarp disguised to look like a rubble pile. Under the tarp there is a cache of equipment:

Equipment List:
10 iron spikes
4 oil flasks
5 torches
20 arrows
10 crossbow bolts
a vial with a blood red liquid in it

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh will sniff then taste the blood red material if she can't tell what it is by looking at it.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#410 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

We should resupply on torches and oil, but leave some for whomever put these here (no need in making bitter enemies out of others we may encounter), and take a couple of the iron spikes too (since we've used a few), then cover the rest up again with the tarp. I suppose we could take the "potion" too.

I assume this equipment looks fairly new (not something that's dust-covered, aged, and been sitting here for months)?

Lhainor will continue bashing in the bricks with sledge & chisel/spikes. Stay alert on watch!

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by ybn1197 »

Moony will take a couple of the torches to ensure they have ample supply of light.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by drpete »

Ok, so let me know specifically who takes what... the stuff does seem to be fairly new, like within the last few days or weeks, rather than months or years old.

After about half an hour of work, Lhainor manages to break through enough bricks that you are able to move into the space beyond, if you wish. Nothing seems to respond to all the noise...

Through the opening, you see a trapezoidal room, approximately 20x30. In the center of the room, you see a pedestal with a large (3x3) stone bowl resting on it. Beside it, there is a large, bronze pitcher.

Carved into the walls are statues of armored warriors. Oddly, where the heads should be, there are niches, each containing a skull.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh will search the room for secret doors/compartments, etc. She will pay careful attention to the areas around the bowl and warriors/skulls.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#414 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

Lhainor will attempt to rest for 10 minutes while Nimh (et al) searches the room. That should negate any penalties I incurred from the exertion of breaking down the bricks. I'll stay on watch (behind, and in the room) too; I don't think that interferes with resting unless I have to act in some way.

What happened when Nimh "tasted the potion"?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by drpete »

Nimh is able to recognize it, by smell, as a healing potion.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#416 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"We now have a healing potion. Anyone mind if I carry it until needed?"

Added to her sheet.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#417 Post by Fingolwyn »

Rex wrote:Nimh

"We now have a healing potion. Anyone mind if I carry it until needed?"

Added to her sheet.
Lhainor

Fine with me.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#418 Post by ybn1197 »

Moony

Fine with me.

Moony will look in the pitcher to see if it contains anything.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by drpete »

Searching the room, you find nothing else of note. There is nothing of value, just the skulls, in the niches. The bronze water jug is empty.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#420 Post by Fingolwyn »

We really need a magic user in the party.

Lhainor

Someone assist me in searching the pedestal and that area for secret doors/compartments and such. We get a significant bonus if I search with you (1-4 on d6).

Someone else stay on watch.

Return to “Barrowmaze (Blueholme)”