Chapter 2: Back to the Barrows!

drpete
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2: Back to the Barrows!

#421 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"I can assist, perhaps we should just try filling the pitcher and bowl, maybe the pitcher then if nothing happens fill the bowl from the pitcher?"

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#422 Post by Fingolwyn »

Rex wrote:Nimh

"I can assist, perhaps we should just try filling the pitcher and bowl, maybe the pitcher then if nothing happens fill the bowl from the pitcher?"
I thought about that, but I don't think we have any water to spare. Some of the party isn't even carrying any.
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by ybn1197 »

Moony will stand watch while Lhainor and Nimh search the pedestal.

What about the oil we found in the cache? Wouldn't that work as well as water?

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#424 Post by Fingolwyn »

ybn1197 wrote:Moony will stand watch while Lhainor and Nimh search the pedestal.

What about the oil we found in the cache? Wouldn't that work as well as water?
It might, but oil and water aren't the same thing, and I wouldn't assume oil when I saw pitcher and bowl (I would assume libation, not annointing). Do we have something nicer than lamp oil? Or are we assuming that is something like low grade olive oil, not kerosene (you wouldn't perform an annointing with kerosene).
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by Rex »

I think water makes the most sense.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote:I think water makes the most sense.
I agree, I'm just trying to work with what we have on-hand. If we were to use our water, I believe we would not be able to stay another rest here.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by drpete »

Searching the pedestal carefully reveals no sign of catches or secret compartments. The stone bowl and the pitcher are dry, with no sign of a greasy coating that one might find on it if it was traditionally used to store oil.

Having been on the go for a while, you catch your breath, light some new torches, and plan your next move.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#428 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

OK, where next? The closest areas are another bricked up area back towards the "slant SW door" where we started this time, the hallway leading to/from the "angry ghost" room (we can slip through that room into that hallway), and a hallway running south from that "to/from angry ghost" hallway.

Further away, we've got the east hallway leading from the entry mound, a north hallway from it (near the skeleton trap room near the entry mound), the north door out of the corpse room, and eastward along the east-west hallway on the south side of the giant rat room.

It's starting to sound like we need a map.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by Rex »

A map would be good. The east hallway, back by where we came in would be good I think.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by ybn1197 »

A map would be nice. Coming into this Media Res I was confused as to our position to start. I'm really turned around now.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#431 Post by drpete »

Well... you can always *start* making a map... :)

It was my understanding that *originally* you were planning to wing it, but things are definitely complicated enough that this isn't working so well. If you want someone to start mapping, I suppose I can maintain a map for you. You'd need a character to use both hands and be "the mapper" though...

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#432 Post by ybn1197 »

Having been placed frequently in the middle of the formation, Moony can be the mapper.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#433 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

I think if we leave the current room and go to the only door in the "rubble supplies" room, we can enter a room, take a left (not the "angry ghost" room), enter the "wedge-shaped" room, take a left, then take a right (north) in the hallways back up to the "SW slant door" room. From there we can go through the "previously stuck door" room and open the door in there, or follow the hall east from the "SW slant door" room to the "giant rat" room (first door) and go through there, and in either case come to the east-west hallway that leads (west) to where we came in.

Once we get to that hallway, we can either check out the hallway north kinda in-between those two rooms (not the "skeleton trap" room), or we can head east back down past a few other doors we've already checked and see what lies further down that way.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#434 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"Lead the way."

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#435 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

Lhainor leads the party back to the "giant rat" room. Assuming there is no trouble there (or elsewhere along the way), he will lead them back towards the entry mound to the north hallway between the "stuck" door and the "giant rat room" door (not the "skeleton trap" room hallway, which is the very first north passage when traveling east from the "entry mound" room).

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#436 Post by drpete »

Sorry for the delay... that's a good memory!

Lhainor leads the group back through the empty corridors, which seem extremely deserted, now. Moony produces a map of their progress to help them keep things straight, though Lhainor's memory seems good.

You move north past the room with the cache, east into a little corridor, then north into the wedge shaped room that smells like a nest. West from there, into a hallway, then north through another hallway into the 30x30 room with the southwest door. Crossing this, you head through the rat room, then into the north corridor between the rat room and the "stuck door" room.

This corridor leads north 50 feet before turning right to head east. There is a door to the north at the turn. The eastern corridor continues to the end of your torchlight. You see another door in the north wall 20 feet east of the first one. There is a portcullis on the south wall of the corridor.

sorry... been trying to figure out, mechanically, how to get a map on the forum... I'll hopefully get one up eventually.
Attachments
20180514_160409.jpg
20180514_160409.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 3704 times

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#437 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

Shall we see what's behind the first door?
drpete wrote:Sorry for the delay... that's a good memory!
Nah...all you have to do is go back through the posts.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#438 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"Yes."

Return to “Barrowmaze (Blueholme)”