Chapter 2: Back to the Barrows!

drpete
Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Chapter 2: Back to the Barrows!

#261 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

Someone look outside the door and see what lies beyond, then keep watch. Somebody else keep an eye on the other entrances in case the noise attracts more creatures. I'll help someone search the room (that gives us a better than normal chance of finding things), then we can decide how to proceed...unless we don't want to search the room?
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh will check the room and then stand watch at the door.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by drpete »

Note that there are more than 100 niches with urns in them. To search thsee for treasure will take an extended period of time that depends on how many people search, but in the neighborhood of an hour or so... I'm assuming, for the moment, you're talking about like searching for secret doors, rather than this.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Rex »

Start with secret doors etc and see if we find anything.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#265 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

I was thinking specifically of searching for secret doors or compartments with treasure and such that might have escaped detection by the previous looters (still assuming this room has been pillaged, and maybe the two stuck on the wall were caught stealing from their fellows). I think elves get a chance to sense such things just by being near them, and the party increases their chances to 4 in 6 when I assist.
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by drpete »

Date: June 2, 4:00 pm, Tuesday
Season: Early Summer
Light: Nimh's Torch (Expires 4:30 pm), Moony's torch (Expires 4:30 pm)
Moon phase: New Moon
Time since rest: 3 Turns

You search the room carefully for hidden doors or compartments, but find nothing notable in that regard.

The room is a 30x40 vaulted burial chamber. Square niches filled with urns cover the walls. There is a 10x10 niche in the center of the north wall with a door, heading north, in it. There is a door in the east wall, from which the zombies you just fought came. There is a door in the south that you guys entered through, that goes back toward the Green Man priest's tomb.

The two impaled corpses seem to have been adventurers who died of battle wounds, probably a few weeks ago, as they are incredibly ripe, and they are still in the process of decomposing. Most of their gear is either gone (weapons, for example) or clearly very ruined (clothes, armor), but see that one has a backpack on which is pinned between his body and the wall by the spear.

The zombies seem to be dessicated corpses, without anything of value. Your blows did open one up, though, revealing that its insides were moist and full of blood.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"I say we move on and get some fresher air."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by ybn1197 »

Moony

Moony moves towards the 2 impaled adventurers, saying prayers and blessing their souls to the afterlife. Then, he will move to look through the backpack.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#269 Post by Fingolwyn »

Rex wrote:Nimh

"I say we move on and get some fresher air."
Lhainor

Move on: which way? We can go back the way we came, we can go through the east door whence came the zombies, or we can see what lies beyond the north door. Any of these is fine with me.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"Lets try where the zombies came from, maybe they were guarding something."

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#271 Post by Fingolwyn »

Rex wrote:Nimh

"Lets try where the zombies came from, maybe they were guarding something."
Sounds good to me. Theglid, Moony, any objections/other ideas?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by ybn1197 »

Sounds good to me as well.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by drpete »

Moony prays over the festering corpses of the deceased adventurers, then loots their pack. He finds that the pack contains some rotten food, some torches that have definitely been contaminated by the stink of the dead men, and a small coin purse. The purse contains 30 gold pieces and 200 silver pieces.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by drpete »

The group moves through the eastern door, hoping to find where the zombies came from. On the other side of the door is a simple 10 foot wide passage, heading south 10, 20, 30 feet before coming to an archway. On the other side of the archway, the southward corridor ends in a T-intersection. Another long hallway extends to the east and west beyond the limits of your torchlight. Thirty feet to the east, you see that there is a bricked up door along the south wall.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#275 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor

What now? East to the bricked-up door and/or whatever lies further down the passage, or West into the darkness?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by ybn1197 »

Moony

"I am hesitant in tackling the bricked up door. One, there may be a reason to it. Two, breaking in will undoubtedly bring more zombies or what-not to us. I think we should see what is down the west hall."

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#277 Post by Fingolwyn »

ybn1197 wrote:Moony

"I am hesitant in tackling the bricked up door. One, there may be a reason to it. Two, breaking in will undoubtedly bring more zombies or what-not to us. I think we should see what is down the west hall."
West is fine with me. Theglid, Nimh...what say you?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"West it is then."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by drpete »

The group heads west along the dark corridor.

The hall continues 10... 20... 30... 40 feet. There is a door in the south wall, here, and the corridor continues on to the west.

Looking off to the west, 10 feet further along the corridor, there is a door in the north wall. The corridor continues an additional 10 feet west before apparently opening into a room as the south wall opens up. Just inside that room, you see a door along the north wall.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Move up carefully and see what is ion the open area/room.

Return to “Barrowmaze (Blueholme)”