XIII. Goblin Halls: Third Trip

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: XIII. Goblin Halls: Third Trip

#301 Post by dmw71 »

Note: Edited previous post to include the map of the room since it has been a while. There is the set of double doors that the group entered from, plus another pair of double doors on the opposite side of the room.

I know efforts were made to search the room, and while not complete, I can share that, if anything "special" exists, nothing has been discovered so far.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Zhym »

Horatio shakes his head sadly when Keebler says the command word to stop the bottle from flowing. No way the elf is gonna go for Horatio's clever profit plan.

He jams one thumb in the direction of the paralyzed Rainey and Dimly. "We leaving those stiffs here, or what?"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Well that was simpler than I thought, says AdaRue with a roll of her eyes.Should we look through these doors then? Try and find a place to rest and heal? Or get the bottle back to town so it can't be out back if we get caught?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by onlyme »

If no sign of the invalids moving, we might need to hunker down.
Junius volunteers to open either door when ready. Sacro has his bow and arrow ready for an attack.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#305 Post by dmw71 »

Visitor
As the group continues to debate their next course of action, the leftmost of the double doors on the far side of the room, that Junius volunteered to open, is actually opened for him! On the opposite side of the door, his hand still on the handle, stands a brown haired and bearded man wearing a suit of chain mail beneath a crimson cape and a white tabard; his tabard displaying the symbol of a red shield with a white gauntleted fist before it.

"Nice work." he says, his free hand on the hilt of a massive, two-handed sword resting point down on the ground.
Raif Cutter.png
Raif Cutter.png (38.89 KiB) Viewed 193 times
"The name's Raif. Raif Cutter," he says, flashing a sly smile in the direction of AdaRue.

---

Actions?

---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 11:43 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  • Dimly: Paralyzed (Expires: Unknown)
    Rainey: Paralyzed (Expires: Unknown)
Character Status
  • Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (22) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4-2 = 2 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (15) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Detect Magic, Light)
    • Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (21) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (21) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-6 = 2 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (16)
Marching Orders
Scout:
  • Junius
5-foot:
  • Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun
10-foot:
  • Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun
Rolls
  • None
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Does Vernon recognize this dude? What would he know about him, given Vernon is from Brighton?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#307 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Does Vernon recognize this dude?
He does not.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Vernon shrugs off his lack of recognition of this warden. He barges in front of the rest of the party. Hi there! I'm Vernon. I'm from Brighton, too. I don't recognize you, but Brighton isn't that small. How long have you been a warden for? What have you seen so far? We've rescued loads of folks, haven't we guys? He looks at the dead warden on the floor guiltily. Err... not this one, though. Sorry for the loss of your friend here. Death by slug...

AdaRue blushes as the handsome man singles her out. She suddenly misses the little witch, Mila terribly. When Vernon mentions he doesn't recognize the warden. Smiling, she scrutinizes the man more as she moves to flank him, hopefully close enough she can shut the door behind him. Cutter? Is that because of your preferred weapon?

Other than the cloak, is he wearing anything that resembles the other wardens they've seen?
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by onlyme »

Junius and Sacro watch, not quite sure what to make of him.

(assuming Sacro, also from Brighton, doesnt know or recognize him as well?)
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#310 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Other than the cloak, is he wearing anything that resembles the other wardens they've seen?
Okay, I think there's some confusion here.

This guy is wearing a crimson cloak, with a different banner. The wardens of Brighton all wear purple cloaks.

By appearances, Raif does not seem to be from Brighton.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Oh. Really? I could swear the Brighton Wardens wore maroon or red. :oops: I've scratched out my previous post then.[quote="Rusty Tincanne"]

AdaRue blushes as the handsome man singles her out. With a small curtsy, she addresses the man. Cutter, is it? What brings you to these tunnels?We're... err... saving folks. She blushes further at her lack of conversational skills. She suddenly misses the little witch, Mila terribly, knowing they could giggle about this later.

Vernon doesn't recognize, or trust, the stranger. He keeps his distance, and his bow ready. He hopes Keebler hides the bottle.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#312 Post by dmw71 »

Raif
The man continues to rest against his planted, two-handed sword. "We're here to... ," he pauses. "What did you say? 'Save folks?' Yeah, we're here to save folks, too." he adds glibly; his face settling on a smirk. "Yes, I said 'we,'" he adds, sensing a reaction to the word. He casually looks over his left shoulder, to the area behind him, out of view.
Raif.jpg
Raif.jpg (67.01 KiB) Viewed 179 times
"You guys find anything yet?" he asks, this time in a decidedly more authoritative tone, while his stare moves from one of you to another. "What's up with those two?" he asks when his eyes meet Dimly and Rainey, still frozen in place.

---
Rusty Tincanne wrote:"Oh. Really? I could swear the Brighton Wardens wore maroon or red."
It's possible I flubbed this detail up at some point, but I gave the Brighton wardens purple capes or cloaks since that's the color my tokens in Roll20 best supported. ;)

Actions?

---

Brighton Area Map

---
Time: 11:44 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Breezy
Character Status
  • Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (22) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4-2 = 2 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (15) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Detect Magic, Light)
    • Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (21) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (21) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-6 = 2 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (16)
Marching Orders
Scout:
  • Junius
5-foot:
  • Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun
10-foot:
  • Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun
Rolls
  • None
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

AdaRue looks the stranger over again and recognition hits. The Crimson Brotherhood, the mercenaries evicted from Brighton, but clearly they didn't listen. She responds to his words carefully. Glad to meet others working to end this goblin scourge. We've met prisoners from a few local towns. Our friends were paralyzed a bit ago but it should wear off in a bit. We're just looking to find a place to camp out. Any ideas?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by onlyme »

Junius introduces himself and asks where they have been.

Sacro stands watch.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#315 Post by dmw71 »

Raif
Without moving from his position at the door, the scruffy stranger accepts Junius' introduction, but does some somewhat dismissively. "As for where we've been, we've been in the next room clearing out a small army of goblins. Their stinkin' dogs are next," he adds, not attempting to conceal his bloodlust.

He eyes the silent elf, and thief, and holy man suspiciously, before turning his attention back to AdaRue.

"I'd look to rest back in town, little lady," Raif says. "Perhaps, once me and my crew finish up here, you'd like some company?"

---

Actions?

---

Brighton Area Map

---
Time: 11:45 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Breezy
Character Status
Marching Orders
Scout:
  • Junius
5-foot:
  • Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun
10-foot:
  • Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun
Rolls
  • None
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Zhym »

Sorry about the lack of posts. Sick, then busy. If these actions can be added as early in the encounter as possible, I'd appreciate it.

Horatio doesn't trust cheerful men in dungeons. If at all possible, he tries to blend into the shadows as soon as the man enters the room.

~~~~~

Keebler keeps his distance and says nothing. While he waits for the ultimatum that must be coming, he tries to estimate how large the next room must be and whether he could manage to put most of its occupants to sleep from where he currently stands.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by onlyme »

Junius nods.
Yeah, I suspect we would be ok with company, considering what all is going on around here.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#318 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:"I'd look to rest back in town, little lady," Raif says. "Perhaps, once me and my crew finish up here, you'd like some company?"
FYI...

The way I wrote it might not have been obvious, but it was meant to be. The above quote from Raif was directed to AdaRue personally, and not the group as a whole. Raif, at least at this point, has not expressed any interest in joining you guys.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:
dmw71 wrote:"I'd look to rest back in town, little lady," Raif says. "Perhaps, once me and my crew finish up here, you'd like some company?"
FYI...

The way I wrote it might not have been obvious, but it was meant to be. The above quote from Raif was directed to AdaRue personally, and not the group as a whole. Raif, at least at this point, has not expressed any interest in joining you guys.
Junius' quote still stands. Just more awkward and clueless.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

AdaRue intentionally plays along with Junius's actual confusion. You want to go rest in town? You go through those doors and take a right at the pile of kobolds. Then a left at the end of the tunnel, by the cave in. The exit is down that hallway. That's too bad you are already leaving, as we don't plan to leave yet and the company would have been nice.[/dialog. She shrugs, adding, If you change your mind though, as Junius said, you and your friends are welcome to join us.

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”