Discussion - Character Concepts

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Discussion - Character Concepts

#141 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Starting Greed
Total the answers to the questions below. This is the character's starting exponent. Alternately, the player may spend five of those points to shade shift his Greed to gray. The remainder equals the current exponent.
- + 1 Greed if Will exponent is 4 or lower.
- + 1 Greed for every 60 resource points.
- + 1 Greed for each of the following lifepaths: Trader, Mask-Bearer, Master of Arches, Master of Forges, Master Engraver, Treasurer, Quartermaster, Seneschal or Prince.

- +1 Greed if the Dwarf has coveted something owned by another.
- Has the Dwarf ever stolen something he coveted? If so, + 1 Greed.
- Has the Dwarf ever had his prized treasure stolen from him? + 1 Greed.
- Has the character ever been in the presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwai·ven Fathers? If so, + 1 Greed.
- Has the character witnessed an outsider (Elf, Man, Ore, Roden, etc.) in possession of a work of Dwarven Art? If so, + 1 Greed.
- Is the Dwarf over 200 years old? If so, +1 Greed.
- Is the Dwarf over 400 years old? If so, +2 Greed.

- Relationships: Each romantic relationship is -1 Greed. Each hateful relationship is + 1 Greed. A hateful immediate family member is +2 Greed.
...and house rules:
Character Creation
Starting Greed:
Since you all lived in Erebor and just had your possessions stolen by Smaug, the following elements should be assumed to apply and specifically justified if they do not for your dwarven characters:
- Has the character ever been in the presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwarven Fathers? (+1 Greed)
- Has the character witnessed an outsider (i.e. Smaug) in possession of a work of Dwarven Art? (+1 Greed)
- Has the Dwarf ever had is prized treasure stolen from him? (+1 Greed, define the lost possession)

Apply "presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwarven Fathers" a second time if you've been to the ruins of a First Age dwarfhome (Moria, Gundebad, the Blue Mountains), or handled artifact items.
[/quote]
Not a very greedy dwarf. Greed 3.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Discussion - Character Concepts

#142 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:
ffilz wrote: Looks like B7 for me, character sheet corrected.

Frank
Looks good. :) Do you want B7, or G2?
When it hits exponent 10, either way, he is overcome.
Hmm, I guess I need to read up on how Grey Greed works...

I'm not sure if he should be close to being overcome or far away... G2 of course would increase pretty quickly to G3 and even G4...

Let me think on it over the next day or two...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Return to “The Rise of Smaug (Burning Wheel)”