Out-of-character chat

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Out-of-character chat

#81 Post by tumblingdice »

That combat round almost killed me. Between this battle, and the battle on the river with the desert nomads on one side, and the orcs, bugbears and weretigers on the other, I have just about had it with large scale melees. There better be a linear dungeon with tiny rooms and skinny corridors coming up soon...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Zhym »

Hah!

If you want to speed up the combat, you could always give fighters another attack per round at 5th level instead of 15th (really, LL? 15?). It was kind of funny reading the update: Big ol' lightning bolt! Cone of cold! Charm! And...Diego, killing a single bandit mook. Whee.

At this rate, he should be able to finish off the bandits in, oh, another half an hour or so of combat.
:)

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by tumblingdice »

Zhym wrote:Hah!

If you want to speed up the combat, you could always give fighters another attack per round at 5th level instead of 15th (really, LL? 15?). It was kind of funny reading the update: Big ol' lightning bolt! Cone of cold! Charm! And...Diego, killing a single bandit mook. Whee.

At this rate, he should be able to finish off the bandits in, oh, another half an hour or so of combat.
:)
Yep, there's that old linear progression of fighters vs. the quadratic progression of spell-casters I've read about.

Thirty more rounds of combat!? I hope not. Fortunately, I haven't had to roll dice for the battles raging at the other three locations. Those were prescribed, unless, of course, you had opted to defend one of those positions, in which case the battle there would have been "live," and results of the battle at your present position would have been predetermined.

Rolling to hit-rolls for both bandits and caravan guards in groups of 5 (1 hit = 5 dead) for those not engaged against the PCs was handy, too.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by tumblingdice »

I've updated the Maps and handouts thread to include Bishop Guillaume's map. And here's a post from 3 1/2 years ago (yikes!) to remind you all about Bishop Guillaume and the map. I finally got my ^%&*$ scanner working. Okay, that's a lie. I got a new scanner.

At some point you're going to want to read Diego in on your mission. This might help.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Zhym »

It's help me, I know. :)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by spanningtree »

Hey gents, I am on a business trip and may be slow to respond. Please NPC my character as needed for the next few days.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by tumblingdice »

Will do, Joe. Have a good trip! Going anywhere fun? I mean, you live in the most fun place on Earth, but still... :)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by spanningtree »

Nope, just visited San Mateo. Kinda boring. There is a chance that I might go to India in August, on business. I like to travel but 25 hours (minimum) to get there is pretty grim. :?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by tumblingdice »

tumblingdice wrote:Sir Joffrey, brushing his trusty steed Zephyr, turns to Diego as the swashbuckler poses his question, then exchanges glances with several of you. While he is not opposed to reading Diego in on the mission, as a mere NPC it is no longer his decision to make.

OC: So, who's gonna tell him?
Since Diego is obviously a Spaniard, this all reminds me that I was reading a Skippyjon Jones book to my kids last night. Diego is Skippito Friskito (clap clap), the Siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua. The rest of the party is Los Chimichangos, who need his help...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Zhym »

greyarea wrote:Zelas says, What brings us here to these barren wastes is the way out. We seek the Great Pass through the mountains. It is from there that we might find the Temple of Death, which I aim to desecrate. This would be the last holdout for the evil that plagues this land, wastes or no.

We travel with this caravan only accidentally on our mission. Do you know of this Great Pass, Diego?
I don't know. Hey, tumblingdice. Does Diego know anything about a Great Pass? :D

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by tumblingdice »

Diego, like everyone else here, is from the civilized lands to the East. Even the caravan's destination, the port city of Slagovich, is a mystery to him. He knows nothing of the Great Pass.

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by connivingsumo »

Happy Fourth all! :D

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by greyarea »

Happy Independence Day

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by spanningtree »

Yup! Happy 4th everyone!

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by kwll »

I will be out of town for 3 weeks. Please NPC Tasrem in my stead while I'm away as required. He will not relinquish to enter fight, but not too eager to provoke one! ;)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by connivingsumo »

ORDER OF THE NIGHT WATCH ...GoT style :o

Before lining me up in the "Crucifixion or Flogging?" lines, hear me out...
+ Casters are paired with melee capable.
+ The Elf has keen vision and hearing, so makes sense she might have a 2hr chunk on her own where the numb humans are better paired.

2100-2300
MU ~ Tasrem
Fighter ~ Diego

2300-0100
Elf ~ Taranna

0100-0300
Thief ~ Aristide
Sir Joffrey

0300-0500
MU ~ Zelaz
Cleric ~ Roikos

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Zhym »

I sure hope that's save-or-be-sick, not save-or-die...

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by tumblingdice »

Zhym wrote:I sure hope that's save-or-be-sick, not save-or-die...
Sick, not dead. I don't kill high-level characters with bad cooking. :D

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by greyarea »

spanningtree wrote:Taranna lifts her leg an rips a big fart. Woof, not feeling so good....
More beans, Mr Zelaz?

I'd say you elves have had enough!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by spanningtree »

I am going on vacation for the next few weeks and may be slower than normal to post. Please NPC as needed.

Return to “Master of the Desert Nomads (Labyrinth Lord)”