Out-of-character chat

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out-of-character chat

#101 Post by Zhym »

As anyone in my games knows, I'm in no position to complain about slow posting rates, but I'm wondering—is this game dead?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#102 Post by tumblingdice »

Hi guys. Sorry to have fallen out of contact. Between the broken dishwasher--with yours truly washing 3 meals' worth of dishes for six people by hand until 11 p.m. every night--and my wife watching Amazon original series on the one computer in our house, I haven't been able to post. My apologies for keeping you hanging. Would everybody like to continue?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Zhym »

I would!

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by greyarea »

Yes, please.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#105 Post by kwll »

I'm in!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Zhym »

Also: that’s a lot of dishwashing! I’d be sorely tempted to buy a whole bunch of paper plates and utensils if that kept up for long.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#107 Post by badams30 »

Duh! I'm always IN!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by spanningtree »

Yes!!!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#109 Post by tumblingdice »

I'm too tired at the end of the night to order a dishwasher. But enough of that! Let's get back to the game. Stand by..,

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by greyarea »

Electric dishwashers are not as good as they were thirty years ago. Often we get dishes not dry or food not washed off well (if I forgot to rinse, AKA prewash, the dishes). And a number of things (good pots and pans, knives, delicate china) we do by hand anyway.

There's something zen about doing dishes.

(Note that I have a dishwasher. Just because something is zen doesn't mean I want to do it. :) )

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#111 Post by tumblingdice »

greyarea wrote:(Note that I have a dishwasher. Just because something is zen doesn't mean I want to do it. :) )
Agreed. I didn't realize that dishwashers aren't as good as they used to be. What's really a kick in the pants, though, is our front-loading washing machine. Never buying one of those again. Top-loading only from now on.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by greyarea »

Oh? We like ours. What don't you like about yours?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#113 Post by tumblingdice »

Mold and mildew. Water collects in the rubber gasket surrounding the door.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Zhym »

Huh. The dishwasher at our place (we rent) is probably about 10 years old, and it kind of sucks and doesn't use its space efficiently. I'd had a new dishwasher on my shopping list for when we buy our next house. Are new dishwashers less effective because they're made to save water, or what?

We had a fairly new front-loading washing machine at our old house and really liked it. You do have to be a bit more vigilant about cleaning them out, though. We left the door to ours ajar when we weren't using it to keep it aired out. I think you're also supposed to run a self-cleaning cycle every month (with their expensive cleaning solution, or just bleach), but we weren't as diligent about that.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#115 Post by greyarea »

We just leave the door ajar of our front loader after washes. No mildew build up yet (it's been a year since we've had them).

As to dishwashers, I think to be more energy efficient they don't heat the water as much and then don't dry as long, so dishes don't dry properly, as well as less water pressure. At least that's what I've been told.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Zhym »

On the other hand, older dishwashers wear out, get worse at keeping food from clogging up the lines, and eventually get bad water pressure too.

Basically, dishwashers suck, and only work well at rinsing, degreasing, and drying dishes you've more or less already washed.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#117 Post by tumblingdice »

If I just left the door open, that would solve a lot of problems. I have a bad habit of letting a load of laundry sit overnight, too. That'll stink up both the washer and the clothes. Since the washer and dryer are in our nasty basement, it's easy to come up with reasons not to rush down there right away and take the clothes out. It's also easy to blow off the laundry in the basement when you look around the living room and see the mountain range of laundry still waiting to go back in kids' (and parents') dressers and closets. Dressers and closets tucked away in the rooms of kids who are sleeping, and who we are afraid to wake up. Naturally, the kids wreak havoc on the piles of laundry the longer they sit there. It's a disaster. But I can only do so much. At some point I have to go to bed, or else I'll be a zombie at work the next day. I could go on, but I won't. Promise.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Zhym »

Oh, yeah. Leaving laundry in the wash is definitely a recipe for mildew.

It's about time we should have robot servants to do our laundry for us, isn't it?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#119 Post by tumblingdice »

Zhym wrote:It's about time we should have robot servants to do our laundry for us, isn't it?
Better yet, how 'bout unseen robot servants.

(audience groans)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#120 Post by greyarea »

badams30 wrote:Aristide - Rogue Deluxe

Aristide draws his sword and follows whoever in the group is close by, trying to pinpoint the source of the bad smell.
I see Aristide running in circles like a dog chasing its tail in this endeavour.

Return to “Master of the Desert Nomads (Labyrinth Lord)”