OOC Chatter II

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Chatter II

#901 Post by rossik »

curious: are we allowed to create more characters, as to participate in more games? (more WM games)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#902 Post by onlyme »

What is WM?
I think the general rule is that you can have multiple characters, but only one per adventure and they cant really team up to swap goodies. IE if one of your characters gets a magical sword, you cant keep handing it off to the other character when it goes adventuring. Everything occurring between the two should be "arms length".
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#903 Post by rossik »

sorry, a "NM" (north marches)
i have one doing Bogling Ruins. can i create another, and join other adventurers in other missions? If so, how?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#904 Post by Zhym »

Here's the original rule on using multiple characters:

viewtopic.php?f=353&t=5467#p245396
Marullus wrote:5 - You may play any number of PCs in this campaign, with two caveats: first, you can never play more than one character in a given expedition, and second you must complete at least one expedition with each of your existing characters (successfully or unsuccessfully) before you can add a new one.
I can't remember if Marullus has modified it for the multi-DM model this game is using now.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#905 Post by rossik »

Zhym wrote:Here's the original rule on using multiple characters:

viewtopic.php?f=353&t=5467#p245396
Marullus wrote:5 - You may play any number of PCs in this campaign, with two caveats: first, you can never play more than one character in a given expedition, and second you must complete at least one expedition with each of your existing characters (successfully or unsuccessfully) before you can add a new one.
I can't remember if Marullus has modified it for the multi-DM model this game is using now.
nice, thanks!
this game is very overwhelming, eheheh. such a open world. im loving it

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#906 Post by Spearmint »

The 'you can have a second character but only after the first has completed an expedition' rule was relaxed to allow some new expeditions to get off the ground as most of the current experienced players had characters on trips or in limbo.

We had new players join but nothing happened for a while. Bluetongue was keen to press ahead with joining a trip but the one with Foxy stalled so he had the go ahead to create another character. Hence the two latest expeditions were initiated by his characters Fairfax and Golgarth.

As one is still 'in town' and has room I would suggest (as the DM), to make a post in the forum (Halfpint forest trip), and roll up your character. Any necessary tweaks could happen as you journey down the road.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#907 Post by Marullus »

Yeah, feel free to make PCs. :) With the (my) slower post rate, it isn't fair to restrict getting involved in multiple expeditions. PCs just can't adventure together.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#908 Post by Dram »

I will be leaving for my annual hunting trip on Friday.(Shack trip 2019) Will be returning on the 20th of October. Please role play my characters as needed. (Baxtaw and Neegan).
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#909 Post by Stirling »

sorry time up must work, updated everything but Bremen wolfwere expedition, will post later. thanks.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#910 Post by Dram »

The Orb Quest(with Neegan)- Did we decide to leave where we tossed it or are going to find to get it to its rightful place?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#911 Post by Jernau35 »

I think it all depended on getting a bigger party together, preferably with someone who would know about those glyphs. Maybe in the spring?
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#912 Post by Zhym »

Clint would be interested in a noble quest to destroy an evil artifact.

Pendleton might be curious about Foxy's trip west, but he'd carefully weigh the benefits against the risks, especially considering the fate of some of Foxy's other traveling companions. ;)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#913 Post by Marullus »

Dram wrote:The Orb Quest(with Neegan)- Did we decide to leave where we tossed it or are going to find to get it to its rightful place?
You should re-check the expedition's conclusion here:
viewtopic.php?f=355&t=7705&start=380#p434530

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#914 Post by Dram »

OK, I misunderstood everything. Neegan is free to join another expidition.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#915 Post by Marullus »

Go join in the dwarfy roleplay here and then join Foxy departing afterwards here.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#916 Post by Zhym »

Is there an express or implied level cap for the "low level" expeditions in the dwarven lands? I have some PCs that would be interested, but I don't have any PCs who really qualify as low-level anymore (other than Thedla, who is otherwise occupied).

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#917 Post by Marullus »

There are no limits, expressed or implied, really. One of the advantages of you switching zones is that Olaf is a PC again. Olaf clearing out goblins is fine, it just won't Garner enough XP for Olaf to level up.

This is a Sandbox, though. There aren't ONLY goblins there - we already ran across hill Giants, white dragons, and giant Rocs, for example. He can easily lead a mid-level Adventure against harder foes.

Goblins are good for new PCs and every player that wants to can make a new PC and join in if they want to. That's the current point. ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#918 Post by Zhym »

I was thinking Clint, not Olaf, although they're now the same level (although Olaf feels higher level, he isn't). In fact, one of the disadvantages of me taking over the orc mountain is that I can't run Olaf there, where he'd otherwise be a natural fit to lead an expedition.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#919 Post by Leitz »

Goblin's would be about Arlen's speed, assuming there's only one or two of them. :)

Working on building a young fighter, but there's a lot of information to digest. I think there was a reference to posting first in Gaul? Just pick a spot and intro the character?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#920 Post by Marullus »

Read the START HERE thread.

Then, find a reason your guy visited the dwarves and start by posting here:
viewtopic.php?f=654&t=7987&start=20

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”