OOC Player Logistics

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC Player Logistics (new, dropped, away for extended ti

#81 Post by ffilz »

Starbeard wrote:I'm still travelling, so it may still be a few days until I can roll up.

So if I'm reading this right, it seems like my character would best serve as a backup medic or engineer, whichever spot Vee doesn't fill. It seems like we already have characters available for the other vacant positions.
I'd say just roll up a few characters and see what you come up with that you like, we'll figure out best way to slot into the ship...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Eris »

Welcome to all the new folks.

I'd like to point folks to the Article of Operations for the ship. We're all partners who have bought into the ship for 20KCr (can be spread out over time) and have equal shares in profits and loses. Wen is Captain and Quartermaster, at the moment, but really should only be one or the other. If the partners want to have a business meeting and vote Wen out of one, or both, position that's cool with me. OTOH, if no one wants to take over either position, Wen will continue with both.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Starbeard »

Here's the one I liked best out of the first few I rolled up with your online generator:

Army Colonel Aarav Chu 55A986 Age 34
4 terms Cr1,065

Skills: ATV-2, Admin-1, Brawling-1, Electronics-1, Rifle-1, SMG-3, Tactics-1

Benefits: High Passage, High Passage, Middle Passage, Middle Passage

Weapons: Submachine gun w/ folding stock + 10 clips (8,000); Laser rifle w/ telescopic sights + 1 power pack (10,000), Dagger (250)

Armor: Reflec (TL10)

Equipment: Long range communicator (TL9) (1,200), Electronic binoculars (2,000), Combination mask, Wrist watch

--------------------------------------------

Service History:
Rolled attributes: 65A986
Attempted to enlist in Army.
Enlistment roll 7 + 2 vs 5
Enlistment accepted.
Learned Rifle-1
Term 1 age 22
Commission roll 9 + 1 vs 5
Learned SMG-1
Commissioned during first term of service as Lieutenant.
Promotion roll 6 + 1 vs 6
Promoted to Captain.
Increased dexterity by 1 to 6
Learned Admin-1
Increased endurance by 1 to B
Learned Tactics-1
Survival roll 6 + 2 vs 5
Reenlistment roll 11 vs 7
Voluntarily reenlisted for second term.
Term 2 age 26
Promotion roll 11 + 1 vs 6
Promoted to Major.
Improved SMG-2
Learned Electronics-1
Survival roll 4 + 2 vs 5
Reenlistment roll 7 vs 7
Voluntarily reenlisted for third term.
Term 3 age 30
Promotion roll 9 + 1 vs 6
Promoted to Lt Colonel.
Improved SMG-3
Learned ATV-1
Survival roll 10 + 2 vs 5
Reenlistment roll 9 vs 7
Voluntarily reenlisted for fourth term.
Term 4 age 34
Promotion roll 5 + 1 vs 6
Promoted to Colonel.
Improved ATV-2
Learned Brawling-1
Survival roll 9 + 2 vs 5
Aging strength throw 7 vs 8
Decreased strength by -1 to 5
Aging dexterity throw 6 vs 7
Decreased dexterity by -1 to 5
Aging endurance throw 3 vs 8
Decreased endurance by -1 to A
Reenlistment roll 9 vs 7
Chose not to reenlist after fourth term.
Mustered Out
10,000 credits
Middle Passage
10,000 credits
High Passage
10,000 credits
Middle Passage
High Passage
Last edited by Starbeard on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by ffilz »

Looks like another member of the security detail...

Go ahead and jump in and introduce yourself.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Starbeard »

Yeah, all of my rolls ups were Army Captains and above with nothing but gun skills and gambling.

I'll jump in ASAP!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by ffilz »

I'm off to the beach tomorrow until Wednesday. I'm bringing my folder of notes, but don't count on me responding much.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 004 - Sheddezar

#87 Post by Ramona »

Past games have taught me people will come and go but the core group is whats important. We could honestly get away with what we’ve got and be somewhat less crushed in like sardines. I don’t know if our computer guy Pongo is about either.

Working on a phone here, That’s drop us to Wen, Andy, Vee, Ana, Sara, Chu, Foix and Gormund. That’s 8 so double bunking in 4 cabins etc. Not sure what skill set that gives us for the ship. Ana can learn engineering, she’s already got Mechanical and Electronics.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Past games have taught me people will come and go but the core group is whats important. We could honestly get away with what we’ve got and be somewhat less crushed in like sardines. I don’t know if our computer guy Pongo is about either.

Working on a phone here, That’s drop us to Wen, Andy, Vee, Ana, Sara, Chu, Foix and Gormund. That’s 8 so double bunking in 4 cabins etc. Not sure what skill set that gives us for the ship. Ana can learn engineering, she’s already got Mechanical and Electronics.
Piper/Pongo has at least posted (and actually not that much less that Starbeard/Chu). I think he's in, maybe not as active as the core, but that's fine. Pongo is the only one with Computer skill. Learning new skills in Classic Traveller is hard (and really should be, it's a short skill list).

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Ramona »

Piper / Pongo’s last post was July.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Piper / Pongo’s last post was July.
I guess I'm thinking about the PM conversation I had with him. If he doesn't indeed show back up, maybe we should drop Pongo also.

If the player I'm thinking is who I think he is and he's committed to participation, I think that would be a good addition.

Otherwise, in theory, it should be ok to have a crew without the Computer skill, but folks in my games seem to always want to do stuff that does need to make Computer rolls, and while some might be doable unskilled with DM -5, that makes it rather hard to succeed (DM -5 on the typical 8+ for success is impossible without some other modifier...). And allowing JoaT to be Computer-0 would make JoaT rather too powerful.

If we really keep the player base as the genuinely active players, we might want to consider ways to add someone with Computer skill.

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#91 Post by Piper »

Ramona wrote:Piper / Pongo’s last post was July.
Yes, I wasn’t getting notifications and the game sort of slipped my mind. Apologies for my absence, but I’m back now!
Red 5, Standing ... Hey! Is That A Banana?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC Player Logistics

#92 Post by ffilz »

I've put Chu's mustering out benefits in.

It looks like only a few players have actually made any gear purchases. Since we are actually about to do some real on planet adventure, I think I'd like to encourage folks to make their purchases.

For those who started at Tegel:

You may purchase equipment (up to TL 12) at the starport, but some items may be in short supply or more expensive.

For those starting at Shedezar, I'm going to assume you didn't muster out here, so TL 12 is still the limit. You aren't restricted by the situation at Tegel.

The gear list for Classic Traveller isn't really that long, here's a consolidated price list that includes stuff from my house rules document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SqE ... sp=sharing

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by Ramona »

I moved my gear from the roll up page to the worksheet.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Starbeard »

Are we using our full starting credits? I vaguely remember reading a post somewhere that you were cutting starting credits by a certain percentage, but I can't find it now.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by ffilz »

No you get full starting credits though Captain Wen is asking for a Cr 20,000 buy in.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Starbeard »

Alright, sorry for the delay. Got my gear in order and added it to the Google sheet.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC Random Discussion

#97 Post by Eris »

Look! Someone else is going to have to take over some, if not all, of the bookkeeping in this game. I'm proving incapable of handling it by myself.

Frank, et al, I'm very, very, close to just withdrawing from this game and Frank's other one, too. I'm player in those two so my disappearing wouldn't hurt other players as much as if I shut down games I'm Reffing.

The thing is I'm not keeping up anywhere. I'm having to be poked in almost every game to get me to pay attention to that one and that means I have to ignore others.

I just have too many irons in the fire, and I'm not having fun. In the games I am running I suspect there are a lot of people not having nearly as much fun as they should either.

All of the players in the game should be mad at me as I end up not posting for weeks at a time in games I'm trying to Ref. Derek, JR, when was the last post I made in Silverband? When did I post last in Akus? In the Marches is frozen half way into jump and I've been trying to get a scene off the ground in Mantan for so long I expect the players have forgotten what was going on. I'm not really even playing in either of Frank's games, just trying to tread water, and not doing well at that.

Oh, and as for buying out PC's who's players disappeared, nope, not one red credit. There is a buy in provision, there is not a buy out provision. If I quit I don't expect Wen to walk away with what he put into the partnership...10,000 cr and the SHIP.

Hopefully, one or more of y'all can help handle the finances in here, at least for a while, because otherwise I'm withdrawing and one of you *will* have to do it full time.

I'm sorry, but that's where I am.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by ffilz »

I moved this into player logistics because that's a better fit.

Especially since we're heading into a weekend I will be unlikely to be able to post much of substance during (I can probably reply in here), let's take a pause and reflect on Eris's post. I'd hate to lose Eris as a player, but we also need to respect his feeling overwhelmed (sometimes I wonder if I've taken on too much myself, but with 3 PbP running, I usually am psyched to post in at least one of them, so overall, my games are less likely to totally stall).

Is someone able to take on the bookkeeping? If all else fails, I could do it, but it would be nice to have a player manage that.

Frank

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Random Discussion

#99 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Hopefully, one or more of y'all can help handle the finances in here, at least for a while, because otherwise I'm withdrawing and one of you *will* have to do it full time.[/ooc]
I/Vee can do the bookkeeping. It's not my strong suit, but I can do it.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Tiglath »

I'm happy to help but as per Highlander I think "There can be only one" doing the books. If I can see a way to help (and not hinder) I will.

One (perhaps too brutal?) simplification / solution would be for us to just trade standard cargo and not bother with any speculative trade. For myself I'm much more interested in IC interactions and moving the plot of adventures along than gaming interstellar trade.

Talking of which - the main "Shedezzar" thread is cooling down ... ;) :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”