Re: OOC Player Logistics

#181 Post by Ramona »

Happy Holidays to everyone indeed.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by ffilz »

Sorry that with the holidays combined with some illness, I just haven't been able to spend much time at my desk. I'm reading on my iPhone, but it's hard to reply from there (and I don't have all my notes anyway). It's possible I won't catch up until I get back to work on the 2nd...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Tiglath »

Have a Happy New Year, rest up and get well soon! :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#184 Post by Ramona »

I can relate to the iPhone blues. Get better.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#185 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:I can relate to the iPhone blues. Get better.
Oh I’m better no just being sick ate into our time.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by shaidar »

happy near year

wishing everyone all the best for 2019.

thanks for having me, I'm really looking forward to gaming with you all over the next year (and beyond)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by ffilz »

Another executive summary would be helpful to me...

I need to read the material Tiglath and Shaidar have put together on the Foix family, plus I need to develop the sub-sectors off the bottom of the map...

I also have something to post soon for the "mission"...

Frank

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Tiglath »

Summary

Lady Alicia asks for help with her expedition.

Undertaking the above fits the timetabled spread of Foix's propaganda/recruiting video. (I suggest the effects of this can be handled "off camera" - suffice to say Foix is mobilising ex-Legion military resources).

Introductions are made between Lady Harper and the PCs - back stories are revealed.

Foix reveals the details of his relationship with Lysette Eloise, Comtess Foix and her confinement by the family following several murders.

A bold strategy (inspired by the historical warrior "bloody counts") to draw out a response from the Countess is discussed and the need for more Intel gathering is identified and agreed upon.

Internal noble warfare is described as low intensity carried out in person by noble retinues.

Foix outlines a stategy to defend the Domain as the Empire withdraws and plans to integrate the Legion directly into the defence of the Domain.

Lady Harper commits to the Foix cause and is offered a job delivering the social reform Foix promises.

Please pitch in and add details I may have overlooked! :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#189 Post by ffilz »

Gah, still trying to catch up and get a handle on the situation and all the questions that have been asked...

And now another weekend is upon us (and likely less time to check in)...

Frank

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by ffilz »

Note I just posted in the Shedezar thread to clarify the disposition of the collected crystals.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Tiglath »

Would that be those there "Cthulhu crystals" ???

"Fhtagn!"

"Bless you!"

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Starbeard »

Hi guys!

With my own games going on, a new work project, and imminent fatherhood, I'm just falling too far behind here. I really enjoy the game, but knowing that the struggle to keep up will just be getting worse, it's probably best to bow out now. Frank has graciously allowed me to move over to another one of his slower post games to see if I can handle that, and in this game Aarav Chu will be staying aboard the Maize Star. I guess sometime in the future there might be possibility of reviving the remaining Maize Star crew as a slow-post game, if schedules permit.

Anyway, thanks for making the short time I was here memorable!

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Tiglath »

Will miss you and all the very best with the imminent fatherhood! :)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by shaidar »

shame we didn't get a chance to game together.

good luck!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Starbeard »

Thanks! I'm not looking forward to the endlessly sleepless nights, but at least I'll be tired! :lol:

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#196 Post by Ramona »

Biggest parental rule to not break - Sleep when the child sleeps, do not do laundry, dishes or mistake this moment as an opportunity to clean.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#197 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Biggest parental rule to not break - Sleep when the child sleeps, do not do laundry, dishes or mistake this moment as an opportunity to clean.
I dunno, on the surface, that advice sounds great. On the other hand, those things need to be done and sometimes the only way to do them is when the baby is sleeping. It really depends on the level of support from family and friends you get. We got almost none, almost all of the support we had was paid postpartum doula (which is a wonderful service, if you haven't looked into that, do so).

Talk to your friends who have recently had babies about the kinds of gear they found most helpful. We tried several slings, but they never worked for us. We have a great rocker bed thing that keeps the baby partially upright that was a blessing for our oldest daughter who had serious reflux issues. It had a harness to keep her in so she slept many nights in that, it was small enough I could have it beside the bed to take care of her. We also made some use of a co-sleeper thing that went between us, also keeping her head elevated. The swinging seat was a real blessing (though if they make one that plugs in go for it, changing batteries is a pain). We called it the magic swing for our older daughter, she would fall asleep in it and poop. It was easy to pull it up to the table at dinner time.

Biggest blessing the first day (she arrived 5 weeks early, on the day that was supposed to be her baby shower... so we didn't get a lot of that stuff...) The portable bassinet that arrived in the mail I think the day we got home. We get home and are like, ok, where do we put the baby down...

Frank

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Starbeard »

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, we have piles of things handed down to us, and while on the surface it seems like we have way too many baby things, I'm sure once it comes we'll feel like we don't quite have enough, or at least not the right things.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Tiglath »

I'd add just find out what works and go with that. Advice in gaming terms - always remember the "column shift" kids get on the "childcare results table". You think you're going to be OK at 1:1 but don't forget you're already on the outnumbered 2:1 column! All the best! :)

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#200 Post by lenusmars »

Sorry about slow on response this weekend. Winter storm knocked out power and internet. Power is back but still waiting on internet.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”