Depot battle

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Depot battle

#41 Post by wolfpack »

As the wasp fell it spun and ended up with it's left side towards dagger.

As Tricksies Fusion engine reves up and its legs myomer muscles explode outward the 45 ton mechs foot catches the wasp on its right hip sending the right leg flying.

I just need to know if wolf is doing a kick or not. If you do kick and miss I will use your location roll as your piloting roll.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes I will kick
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by wolfpack »

Go ahead and roll the same way you would for weapons fire

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by wolfpack »

Ivan rears his leg back and kicks the downed wasp in it's righ arm strippin goff the armor and reveling the endo steel below.

David's spider send to quick punches into the rear of the enemy locust crushing the armor but failing to do any critical damage.

The battle moves fast and furious and the Crusaders take the advantage and the militia swarm strategy fails.

heat washes over the pilots and quickly cools as the heat sinks of their machines kick in

Eugene +1 heat not at +2 heat

Roll init
[2d6] = 5

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Recklessfireball »

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by wolfpack »

your side moves first
Attachments
factorypos2.jpg
factorypos2.jpg (517.88 KiB) Viewed 291 times

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by Recklessfireball »

Seeing that the enemy 'Mech is down, Eugene activates the Phoenix Hawks jump jets and jumps into the heavy woods hex at coordinates 0610, landing so that Tricksy faces hex 0511

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by wolfpack »

E1 stands still
factorypos2.jpg
factorypos2.jpg (516.75 KiB) Viewed 290 times

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#50 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Zeke will move to 0716

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by wolfpack »

E3 with no leg stays prone in 0415.
factorypos2.jpg
factorypos2.jpg (515.83 KiB) Viewed 276 times

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan sets to move off towards the objective E1 "New plan sir I'm gonna head to the objective getting my ass pummeled out here."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Ivan sets to move off towards the objective E1 "New plan sir I'm gonna head to the objective getting my ass pummeled out here."

can you tell me which hex? not sure how you want to head there, run ahead, jump 6 into the woods.

GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

wolfpack wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Ivan sets to move off towards the objective E1 "New plan sir I'm gonna head to the objective getting my ass pummeled out here."

can you tell me which hex? not sure how you want to head there, run ahead, jump 6 into the woods.
0803 Hex, running.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by Recklessfireball »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
wolfpack wrote:

0803 Hex, running.
Gene activates his comm. "Watch yourself, Ivan. You're awfully exposed out there."
Strongly recommend jumping to the woods in 0802, instead. The Locust at 0315 will run forward to backstab you and the other one standing behind the building will snipe with a bonus from standing still with his LRMs. Or else jump back here, beside me, in the light woods at 0511

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by wolfpack »

Jumping into 0802 would give them a +4 to hit you for movement and woods.

running to 0505 with a slight turn to face your back to 0405 would give them a +3 to hit and the level 2 building woulkd block E1's line of sight

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok how is a +4 a good thing? Wouldn't that make it easier for them to hit me? How the heck are trees not helping block them shooting me and two why the heck are they going after just me? Third I thought E1 the drivers bailed out of the truck isn't in vacant? Otherwise No I won't be going after E1 I'd just be moving as far away from the mechs as possible. E3 I thought was laying as one leg was broken on it. So how would E3 be a threat to me?

Ivan reconsiders his movement plans. "Belay that. I've got something more reckless in mind." moves instead to 0505 turning slightly towards 0405.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Ok how is a +4 a good thing? Wouldn't that make it easier for them to hit me? How the heck are trees not helping block them shooting me and two why the heck are they going after just me? Third I thought E1 the drivers bailed out of the truck isn't in vacant? Otherwise No I won't be going after E1 I'd just be moving as far away from the mechs as possible. E3 I thought was laying as one leg was broken on it. So how would E3 be a threat to me?

Ivan reconsiders his movement plans. "Belay that. I've got something more reckless in mind." moves instead to 0505 turning slightly towards 0405.
The + is how much is added to their target number. as a base they need a 5 to hit, your movement would add +4 or +3 and make their new target 8 or 9. The trees would help and block their shots but E2 and E4 have not moved yet so they can move and not have the trees between you and them.

E3 can fire while prone he just can't move, he would have a very difficult shot at you. It's E2 and E4 you have to worry about because they have no moved yet.

E1 is a locust mech, the truck drivers (semi trucks coming out of the block box factory) bailed, but E1 mech still has a pilot.

GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

understood. Still don't get why they all went after me.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by wolfpack »

The enemy locust (E2) knowing Ivan was damaged again races into his rear arc trying to finish the wounded wasp.

e1- (stand still)
e2- (runs 10 to0206)
e3- (stands still)
e4- 0304
Attachments
factorypos2.jpg
factorypos2.jpg (516.31 KiB) Viewed 256 times

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”