Expedition: Earc/Guhra's Tower - 15 July 2021

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Earc/Guhra's Tower - 15 July 2021

#821 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie returns Earc's short sword with a blush. It's still as clean and sharp as when you have it to me. As a non-Baudhite, she has no qualms of taking ownership of spell books of the recently deceased.

Sorry. I had intended to narrate that a few days ago.

Good points about the spell books. I hadn't really anticipated Winnie getting the older spell book, but Zhym had asked for our preferences. :P I am fine with that distribution and am interested in what the potions are.

Sorry to see Issachar benched! Have a great trip!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#822 Post by Marullus »

Is there consensus on donating the rod to the chapel in I'didum?

...and the potions are what you want Pierpont to look at?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#823 Post by Zhym »

I believe we have Alethan, Rusty, Stirling, and me having spoken in favor of the proposed distribution, with onlyme and Bluehorse yet to be heard from.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#824 Post by Marullus »

I assume my two questions get resolved first, in case they impact distribution. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#825 Post by Zhym »

I'm assuming that approval of the distribution includes the proposed disposition of the rod. ;)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#827 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

If we give the sword to one of the NPC dwarfs, we can just charm them into a trade later. :P I suppose we could do as much with a PC, too. :? J/k

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#828 Post by Zhym »

It's a better idea than most of your charm plans. :P

;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#829 Post by Zhym »

On identifying the potions—am I right that no one in Gaul can neutralize poison and that no potions of that sort are available for sale?

Olaf could try to identify the potions the old fashioned way by tasting a drop of each, but a drop of poison is enough to kill someone. Olaf would only have a 20% chance of failing his save (10% if he sticks around town and eats well long enough to get a bonus for good meals), but that's still a big risk.

Edit: I see we can have potions identified for 50 gp each, which would mean 400 for the bunch. It probably wouldn't cost as much for Pierpont to determine the number of charges on the Rod, even if we wanted to spend that before giving it to the dwarves, so I think we're probably better off having Pierpont investigate the potions and the gem.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#830 Post by Alethan »

If Piedmont will ID them as part of the deal, then let's do that. No need to waste it on the rod if we donate it.

And I agree with donating the rod.

I agree with the above distribution, as well. Once identified, potion distribution would be easy since there are 8 party members. We could either let the dwarven hirelings have first pick or we could just do a random distribution; I'm sure we can find some website somewhere that would let us randomly apply 8 values to 8 people.

Oh. What about the two Elurian chests? If nobody wants them, Earc would be interested in one or both of them.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#831 Post by Stirling »

Issachar

Responds to previous comments.

Bianca & Winnie, "The Temple of Gwanwen will offer the divine graces to free yourselves from 'the troubles' that have followed you from the tavern and also give a reckoning for the soul-tie leeches upon you when you invoked the rod. As for the question of safety in the hallowed grounds? Likewise the itinerant priests fear the cauldrons of the witch wood without due cause."

Earc, "I have some devotions to perform. Perchance I may receive the grace to intone the exorcism of curses. That may be of use to your party if more infernal traits are found on trove recovered from the tower or afflicts seekers of knowledge."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#832 Post by Marullus »

With agreement to identify the potions through Pierpont...

Potions:
Extra Healing
Giant Strength
ESP
Diminution
Flying
Clairaudience
Dragon Control (green)
Animal Control (amphibians and reptiles)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#833 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm fine with a random number generator, but if we wanted to throw out our top three choices and see if preferences don't overlap, Winnie's choices are:
1. Flying
2. Animal Control (amphibians and reptiles)
3. Diminution
4. Clairaudience

Winnie will spend 2-4 days copying spells down from her books, sending word to Caspar that they have returned and need the book that "infected" Bianca. (Perhaps our dwarf NPCs will be heading there and back?) She will then journey to the Grove with Bianca to face their coven.

Hopefully she can bet back to town before the group heads back to the tower - she'd like to try her chances again.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#834 Post by onlyme »

(sorry, weekends are unpredictably busy)

Halfpint is fine with donating the rod.
Other than that, I am confused by the current distribution. Halfpint has the shortsword. What else?

Or is that to be decided in the round robin?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#835 Post by Alethan »

i found a way to assign potions randomly to the group. If everyone is ok with that method, I'll do it when I'm at work today. It's just a random arranger through Random.org. Figure I can just list out the party members to assign an order, then randomize the potions into a new order 1-8 and assign to corresponding names. Speak up if you have a better way.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#836 Post by Alethan »

i believe Halfpint's other item was the magical gem that needed to be put into a setting.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#837 Post by Zhym »

Olaf could make productive use of a potion of strength.

I was also thinking we might give more potions to people who got less value in magic items, to even things out. So, depending on what the gem turns out to be, Halfpint might get several of them. Bianca, Issachar, and Drunil might not get any.

Once we know what the gem is, I can update the proposed allocation with potions and gems. But not until this afternoon at the soonest.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#838 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, that works, too!

Earc asks for nothing more than what has already been indicated, unless no one wants the empty Elurian chests. Then he's happy to take one of them.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#839 Post by Zhym »

If people can post their potion preferences (if they have any) by this afternoon, I'll take them into account when suggesting the split.

Also, would Halfpint want a longsword in addition to the shortsword, either instead of or (depending on value) in addition to the magic gem?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#840 Post by onlyme »

Zhym wrote:If people can post their potion preferences (if they have any) by this afternoon, I'll take them into account when suggesting the split.

Also, would Halfpint want a longsword in addition to the shortsword, either instead of or (depending on value) in addition to the magic gem?

I'd rather not. Maybe throw that into the goodwill pile as well.

Halfpint has no specific request for the potions. The healing one seem to be the least rare and therefore least valuable.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”