OOC chatter

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC chatter

#281 Post by BuckshotChuck »

We'll need to remember as a group to use long movements on the approach. Should try for a minimum +4 modifier to enemy fire through a combination of hexes moved, woods/cover, and using jumping if needed to get that extra +1 to the enemy's fire if needed/wanted.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#282 Post by GreyWolfVT »

only problem with where Ivan is now Brownlee has no clear shot at E4 that was my aim initially, then again i needed to move closer so really i am out of range either way.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#283 Post by Recklessfireball »

Hm? What's Ivan to do with it? :?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:only problem with where Ivan is now Brownlee has no clear shot at E4 that was my aim initially, then again i needed to move closer so really i am out of range either way.
mechs don;t affect line of site. where brownlee is there are 2 light woods between him and the hermes so that is an additional +2. it takes 3 light woods or a light woods and heavy woods to block line of sight.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#285 Post by Recklessfireball »

Oh, right. I see what he meant, now. Thing to remember, Greywolf, is each of those hexes is meant to represent an area 30 meters wide. So your 'Mech actually takes up comparatively little space in that area.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#286 Post by GreyWolfVT »

if thats the case why can't two mechs be in the same hex?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:if thats the case why can't two mechs be in the same hex?

because the rules say the can't 8-) . A combat round is supposed to include a lot of movement inside the hex while it is going on and 100 feet really isn't enough room for 2 giant machines to be maneuvering.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#288 Post by BuckshotChuck »

wolfpack, I don't think E4 can see P3, because E4 is standing next to a level 2 hill which should block his line of sight. Also, P3 only jumped 4 hexes, so a +2 movement mod.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#289 Post by BuckshotChuck »

unless that is a level 1 hill, hard to tell from the graphic

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by wolfpack »

e4 is next to level 1 p3 is on level 1 as well so punches will be at the blackjack legs

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#291 Post by Recklessfireball »

BuckshotChuck wrote:wolfpack, I don't think E4 can see P3, because E4 is standing next to a level 2 hill which should block his line of sight. Also, P3 only jumped 4 hexes, so a +2 movement mod.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
That's correct. I didn't catch it before but, according to the rules (Mechs are 2 lvls tall, so cannot see over a lvl 2 structure), the lvl2 would block E4's line of sight- yes.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by wolfpack »

it's level 1

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#293 Post by Recklessfireball »

1305 is level 1. But 1204 (which blocks line of sight for E4 to P3) is level 2.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by wolfpack »

the reason E2 and E3 are separated by a wood hex instead of next to each other where the could cover each others backs better by say turning and physical attacking someone who jumps behind them is because 1204 is a level 1. I have been using it as level 1 form the start so it is a level 1 now. when I look a the hex it looks like it says level 1 to me. 1304, 1202,1403 which are brighter in color are level2.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#295 Post by Recklessfireball »

It's just the resolution of the image you're using makes it blurry. But it really is a level 2 hex. Here's a higher resolution of the map you're using (The mapsheet from the Classic BattleTech Introductory boxed set). You can see that 1204 is clearly lvl 2:

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by wolfpack »

I am no going and undoing all the sheets I have done. Either it is a level 1 as I have been using it for this battle or I will wipe out the thread and we will start over with blank sheets in round 1.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#297 Post by Recklessfireball »

I can understand how that would be a pain, but we can't have a coherent game if the GM and players are reading 2 different mapsheets. And starting the turn over would necessitate redoing that, anyway, as damage that has been inflicted will not be the same.

Not trying to be a pain in your keester, here. Just supporting Chuck's position on this (which I feel is fair).

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by wolfpack »

Then i will delete the thread and we will start the entire battle over

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#299 Post by Recklessfireball »

Well, that seems a bit excessive to me. Plus we can have the same issue down the road, if we're reading the map differently.

Honestly, this game has been sucking me in so much that I haven't been getting my house chores done or the prep work for my weekly D&D game. I think I'll just go ahead and bow out. You can NPC my character- or have him die a glorious death, or whatever seems the most fun.

Thanks for the game, fellas. :)

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#300 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Let's just use what wolfpack posted for the levels above and move on. Restarting would suck

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”