Blick
Squire
Squire

Whistlewyrd

#2 Post by Blick »

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ults&pc=95

Whistlewyrd
Grugach Elf Ranger 1/Cleric of Solonar Thelandria 1
One problem....actually 2 problems -- Grugach can't be Clerics or Rangers... How does Fighter/Druid sound?
[url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=229998]Whistlewyrd[/url]

ragboy
Strider
Strider

Re: Character Creation Thread

#3 Post by ragboy »

Sorry! I accidentally edited your post instead of replying to it...

Hopefully you have a copy...

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by ragboy »

Or -- you could be a Wood Elf -- with a little re-arranging of rolls, you could still have 18/80 STR.

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#5 Post by ragboy »

The Campaign ID on the dice roller is: 23

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Oops — looks like I accepted my scores before I reassigned them to my attributes. Any chance of a do-over?
Failure is always an option.

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by ragboy »

No prob.

Bosh
Squire
Squire

#8 Post by Bosh »

OK, I've rolled up stats for Khormaz the dwarf fighter/thief. I'll write up a full character sheet when I get home from work and get my hands on my print 1ed PHB. I don't have an UA book, but is there any rules from that I should use for my character such as fighter weapon specializations? For his background skill, he'll be a jeweler.

Basic info on this character: Khormaz is a dwarf but very very very very much not a Warhammer/Warcraft dwarf. He's not drunken, loud or especially honorable, but is instead incredibly greedy (especially for fine jewelry), sour and xenophobic in a proper dwarfish way. He'll be very loyal to the party since he's smart enough to not want to piss off the people who guard him when he sleeps. He's quite clever and pragmatic and if he blunders it'll probably be because of underestimating the skill/good will of others. He's adventuring mostly out of greed after the shame of his father's jewelry business going under due to being defrauded by a local noble. Alignment: True Nuetral.

I'm thinking of his gear being basic dungeoneering gear (he'll be the go-to guy for traps, so he should be good at that) and his favored weapons will be a sword short, (or dagger if he can't afford a short sword) a crossbow (or sling if he can't afford that) and some kind of spear/polearm. He'll have relatively heavy armor for a fighter/thief (once he can afford it) since he'll be more of a trap-finder than a scout.

Oh, anyone know a good website for hosting 1ed character sheets?

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Bosh wrote:Oh, anyone know a good website for hosting 1ed character sheets?
Try the Mad Irishman's 1E page.

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#10 Post by ragboy »

Bosh wrote:OK, I've rolled up stats for Khormaz the dwarf fighter/thief. I'll write up a full character sheet when I get home from work and get my hands on my print 1ed PHB. I don't have an UA book, but is there any rules from that I should use for my character such as fighter weapon specializations? For his background skill, he'll be a jeweler.
You'll definitely want the weapon specialization. I'll post the details from UA.
Bosh wrote: Basic info on this character: Khormaz is a dwarf
Good!
Bosh wrote: Oh, anyone know a good website for hosting 1ed character sheets?
I can throw something up on the campaign site, but the Mad Irishman sheet is perfect.

ragboy
Strider
Strider

Weapon Specialization

#11 Post by ragboy »

fiscused
Squire
Squire

#12 Post by fiscused »

Aerree

Halfling

Cleric/Thief

Level 1/1

Alignment: Neutral

Hit points 7

Armor Class 7 (10 rear)

S 9 doors 1-2, 1% bb/lg
I 11 2 languages
W 13
D 17 +2 reaction/attack, -3 defense
C 11 75% ss, 80% raise
Ch 12 5 henchmen

Proficiencies:

Weapons: Hammer (Hooked on belt) 2-5/1-4 range 1-2-3
Dagger (Hidden in boot) 1-4/1-3 range 1-2-3

(A teacher once tried to teach her the staff, but she was always trying to throw it at people.)

Secondary Skill: Tailor/Weaver

Armor: None
Equipment: Picks and tools, holy symbol (wooden), backpack, waterskin, cloak, rations (1 week standard), boots, bedroll, pocket knife, wooden mallet and stakes, iron spikes, mirror

Money: 40 sp, 20 gp, 120 cp

Aerree is a dedicated follower of the church. She grew up bored on a farm and learned basic farming and animal handling skills. Her mind and heart were never in farming, though, and first chance she got she started wandering about he countryside. She hooked up with several small groups for short amounts of time and developed some “streetwise” skills in the process. Then she encountered the church. Fascinated by the opportunities in the clergy, she quickly signed up and has studied the gods ever since. She has dedicated her life to the followings of the clergy and is ready to tell anyone about it, especially over a nice glass. She also is rather adept at the skills of stealth and sleight, but she tends to gloss over these accomplishments as unimportant and unessential. In fact, she’s only doing what comes naturally, one could say.

She is small and slight of build, has curly blond locks and a pixyish face with blue eyes.

Abilities:
Clerical spells: 1st level: command, sanctuary

Base Race adj Dex Adj Armor Adj Total
Pick Pockets 30 +5 +5 +5 45%
Open locks 25 +5 +10 - 40%
Find/Remove Traps 20 +5 0 - 25%
Move Silently 15 +10 +5 +10 40%
Hide in Shadows 10 +15 +5 +5 35%
Hear Noise 10 +5 - - 15%
Climb Walls 85 -15 - +10 80%
Read Languages - -5 - - 0%

+3 saves vs magic and poisons
Languages: Common, dwarven, elven, gnome, halfling, orcish.
If 90ft or more away from others, surprise 1-4
+1 saves vs. poisons and diseases.
-15% Reaction penalty when dealing with "city folks."
Domesticated animals always start as Friendly.
Purchases of domesticated animals are 15% below market price.
You have a +20% Reaction bonus when dealing with wild animals.
Contacts: You may make a Wisdom check once per week to use a contact (a friends-of-friends approach) when in settlements the size of a thorpe up to a town. The benefits of this are situational, but may include: Hirelings at no or reduced cost, discounts on equipment, appraisal of treasure at no or reduced cost, identification of magic items at no or reduced cost ... etc. Or just simple information.
You have a difficult time "setting down roots."
Last edited by fiscused on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by ragboy »

fiscused wrote:Here's what I have so far:
Good! Go ahead and build her out. I'll post some background options for her and you can make a decision.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Clovis Clattridge • Human • Fighter 1 • CG
STR: 17 (+1 to hit/damage; open doors 1-3; BB/LG 13%)
INT: 13
WIS: 12
DEX: 16 (+1 reaction/attacking; -2 defensive adjustment)
CON: 15 (system shock 91%; resurrection 94%)
CHR: 13 (+5% reaction adjustment)

AC: 3 (4 w/o shield; 6 from behind)
HP (current/max): 11/11
THAC0: 19
Weapon Proficiencies: long sword, two-handed sword, javelin, long bow
Encumbrance: heavy gear
Move: 9"

Savings Throws
Para/Poison/Death:14
Pet/Poly: 15
Rod/Staff/Wand: 16
Breath Weapon: 17
Spells: 17

Starting cash: 70 sp, 17 gp, 82 cp
Equipment:
Scale Mail
Shield
two-handed sword & scabbard
javelins (4)
backpack
waterskin
cloak
belt
belt pouches (2)
rations (1 week standard)
boots
bedroll
needle and thread
bandages
lantern
3 flasks of oil
50’ rope
~~~
Languages: common, elvish, dwarvish, orcish
Secondary skill: farmer
+1 saves vs. poisons and diseases
-15% Reaction when dealing with "city folks."
Domesticated animals always start as Friendly.
Purchases of domesticated animals are 15% below market price.
You have a +20% Reaction bonus when dealing with wild animals.
Contacts: You may make a Wisdom check once per week to use a contact (a friends-of-friends approach) when in settlements the size of a thorpe up to a town. The benefits of this are situational, but may include: Hirelings at no or reduced cost, discounts on equipment, appraisal of treasure at no or reduced cost, identification of magic items at no or reduced cost ... etc.
Your character finds it hard to build strong trust relationships.
~~
Clovis is eager to keep his rusticated upbringing a secret, and so often acts a bit more sophisticated than he'll ever be. In truth, he's the son of a farmer, as comfortable behind a team of oxen as dealing death with a sword. He has a tousled mop of brown hair, a ruddy complexion and a weakness for the fairer sex.
Last edited by Gelatinous Q on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#15 Post by ragboy »

Looks good.

For everyone: I'll be posting starting equipment packages and "origin" choices for each character this week. Looking to get started next Saturday with a first post.

I'll also post some posting guidelines on the campaign wiki this week.

Axiom
Squire
Squire

#16 Post by Axiom »

Here is my submission

Xhade Von Uther • Human • Fighter • 1 • CG
STR: 17 (+1 to hit/damage, OD 1-3, BB/LG 13%)
INT: 16 (+5 Languages)
WIS: 13
DEX: 17 (+2 reaction/attack, -3 defense)
CON: 16 (+2 HP/lvl 95%, 96%)
CHR: 15 (Henchmen 7, Reaction +15%)

AC: 4
Money: 46 sp, 0 gp, 120 cp

Equipment:
Longbow, 20 arrows,
Long Sword
Leather Armor,
backpack,
waterskin,
gray hunting cloak,
rations (standard – 1 week),
bedroll,
leather boots,
shield
10’ pole,
50’ rope,
needle and thread,
tinder box.
Holy Symbol

------------
Proficiencies:
Long Bow

Long Sword
------------
Secondary Skill: Forester
------------
Appearance:
Xhade is dressed in the trappings of a man at arms, and has the stiff back and broad shoulders of a military man. He tends to be quite jovial and can often be spotted playing dice or telling stories to the locals.

Xhade has piecing blue eyes underneath semi curly black hair that is cut fairly short. He often stares at people but it is unknown if he is staring at them, through them, or some other thought entirely different.

Background: Xhade grew up as part of a small farming community where his father (who is a retired knight) had a decent sized farm where he did some simple logging for the family. His father always wanted him to follow in his footsteps and become a knight as well. So the family saved enough to send him off to be a squire. Due to a few unfortunate events, his path instead led him to the city of Reiddich.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 on saves vs. diseases and poison
-15% Reaction penalty when dealing with "city folk."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can make a decent living anytime you have “downtime” in a civilized area, even when training. You generate 2d6 gp per week with no additional effort or expenses. (the "gold pieces" may come in the form of bartered goods and services...not necessarily hard money)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You start with the longbow proficiency for free.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Axiom on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#17 Post by ragboy »

Alright.

Here are the characters I have so far.

Current Characters:

- Aerree -- Halfling Cleric Thief (fiscused)
- Clovis Clattridge -- Human Fighter (Gelatinous Q)
- Xhade Von Uther -- Human Fighter (Axiom)

I have interest in the following characters, but no full stats/details. I'd like to set a deadline of Thursday August 5th for submissions to start with the rest of the group.

- Khormaz the dwarf fighter/thief (Bosh)
- Wystlewyrd, Elf (of some type) Cleric/Thief (Blick)

On tap for today, I'll send each of the players of submitted characters a PM with three choices for background. This decision will affect your character -- something good and something bad with each one. Nothing will change with your stats or other character, choices -- more "in game" benefits and limitations.

I'd like to get a decision back from each of you by the end of the day on Thursday. At that time, I'll hand out starting equipment packages and the necessary details to fit into your background -- as well as the benefits and limitations of your choices. Also note that each one of your characters will have strong ties to the local area, with very limited knowledge of the world outside of the County of Hanadel.

Thanks!

fiscused
Squire
Squire

#18 Post by fiscused »

What we need is a thief or two....

Blick
Squire
Squire

#19 Post by Blick »

Actually, looking at the character range so far, I might try my hand at a mage or multiclass thereof.
[url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=229998]Whistlewyrd[/url]

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#20 Post by ragboy »

Blick wrote:Actually, looking at the character range so far, I might try my hand at a mage or multiclass thereof.
I was hoping for a mage! Sure, man, roll it up.

Return to “The Reaches of Hanadel”