McGregor's Revenge, pirating in the islands.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: McGregor's Revenge, pirating in the islands.

#321 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin & Fishy

Gym Rolls:
Rexlin STR (15) [5d6] = 15 Fishy STR (15) [5d6] = 13 :D :D

Later Rexlin will find Alderhay at some point. Hey, listen, about that tooth... I have a lady in need. Could you help me out? She could really use that tooth, and I guarantee that I could not only help arm you in trade but fix you up with an ongoing and very positive rep with a gun supplier who would undoubtedly be thankful and I will either get you a discount on present and future purchases but cover a discount out of my own pocket if that is what it takes, deal? Besides, Fishy and I are looking at going somewhat independent in the future, and I would love to bring you along for the ride. What do you say?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by shaidar »

Alderhay looks thoughtfully at Rexlin

"Who am I to stand in the way of a lady in need, and a shipmate in trouble. How's about this for a trade... two decent pistols, with accessories and ammo, a 25% discount on future purchases and you cover the cost of getting my silver ingot suitably blessed and turned into shot I can use against undead"
Last edited by shaidar on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#323 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If Sig hears the information about Szmodics scroll, he will definitely attempt a trade for the arcane spells.

He also confers with Ferrol on setting up times when they can study and experiment together with the hand or anything else of magical import.

He takes a trip to the shop of Tissot, to pay his bill and have another look around.

He also settles any outstanding debts with Sparky, if any exist. Stocking up on more ammunition while he is there. Sorry Spearmint, I must have thought that Sig already had the modified pistol in his position.

He and Gin take some time to tinker with the solar spear charging panels, hoping to get them working before they need to set sail again and asking around to see if there is a spot to mount them somewhere on the Revenge.

The mage doesn't waste any time during his trips around town, asking each merchant he deals with what they actually know about this Blue John character. He does this as discreetly as possible, hoping not to attract any undo attention to himself.

Please advise on gold cost of any of those items.

Do mages who level up get to pick a new spell to add to their books?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Bluehorse »

shaidar wrote:Alderhay looks thoughtfully at Rexlin

"Who am I to stand in the way of a lady in need, and a shipmate in trouble. How's about this for a trade... two decent pistols, with accessories and ammo, a 25% discount on future purchases and you cover the cost of getting my silver ingot suitably blessed and turned into shot I can use against undead"
Rexlin opens his mouth then shuts it... damn I wish I were better at math... he thinks. 15%? And what is getting that ingot blessed going to cost me?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Rex »

Fenis

Fenis buys some armor and a brace of pistols.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#326 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc looks into buying some flintlock pistols.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by shaidar »

Bluehorse wrote:
shaidar wrote:Alderhay looks thoughtfully at Rexlin

Rexlin opens his mouth then shuts it... damn I wish I were better at math... he thinks. 15%? And what is getting that ingot blessed going to cost me?
Alderhay smiles

"How about 20%? As for the ingot, I don't know, perhaps someone like Siggard does"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#328 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Rene

The boy has done some shopping. He's now dressed in a Green Waistcoat, Gold Breeches, White Silk Shirt with ruffles and some gold embroidery on it in a paisley pattern. His beat up wide brimmed hat is replaced by green beret. He's also sporting leather armor with a snake and anchor emblem on it. In his belt is now tucked a pistol. He's tried to copy Rexlin and other crew members to look the part of a pirate.

He'll actively seek to join others of the crew out to the pubs and locations. He's amazed at most of it having lived on the edge of this world for so long, and now being able to stroll into one of these establishments and order a drink and/or food.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by shaidar »

Alderhay hands over the tooth and the silver ingot.

"Appreciate it...and if you need a hand with anything just ask"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin

Quickly pockets the tooth and puts a hand on Alderhay's shoulder. Don't run off just yet... Let's get this right now. He clears his throat and spits on the Ingot. In the name of lieing, cheating, and drinking, I hereby bless this lump o metal! If you are going to lie, then lie with a woman! If you are going to cheat, cheat at the game of love, and if yer gonna drink, drink one for me! with that he slaps the ingot with the hand he was holding up towards the sun and hands it over to Alderhay. There.
Now I will go get what we need to melt it down into some musket balls. I think I can take care of all that in one trip. Lets go!

Fishy laughs and follows Rexlin as they head in the direction of The Lock, Stock & Barrel to seek out Ruby. Ruby! Ruby?
Where are ya, love? Rexlin's back and I got somethin fer ya!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by shaidar »

Alderhay sighs "I should have known...never trust a pirate" he follows after Rexlin. We need to find a temple so I can get that ingot properly blessed before you melt it down"

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#333 Post by Hotgoblin »

Iggway graciously accepts the etton snakes, she will teach them the ways of the shaman. She betters her gear and headdress. She shops for holy water, healing oils and herbs. Then goes back to the ship for much needed meditation and brewing of tinctures and cleansing various animal appendages.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#334 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc offers to Iggway "Additionally if you would like to study the lycanthropy book I would be more than willing to share the information. I think the book would benefit both of us."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Spearmint »

Ruby's Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Rexlin, Fishy and Alderhay traverse across town to the 'cajun' quarters, home to most of the back water exploring hunters and trappers. There is a rustic appeal to the place as bush meat skins dangle from hooks outside bazaars and fiddles and pipes chorus the air with a campfire tunes. A large bony carapace, scraped clean of crab meat and some huge pincers are the centre of attention as traders drum up support for an expedition to hunt in the southern Mangrove swamps. The large crustacean's claws are man sized and flecked with bloody stains from crushing an unfortunate victim. Maybe a dozen musket shot holes are drilled through the shell, giving it a pepper pot lid appearance.

A chewed cud of thick tobacco is spat out by your feet as you stand and gawp. "Well 'the dandy' pirate is back in town. Did the gun shoot straight and powerful. Did you run out of ammo or run out of town?" A buxom, flamboyant and front tooth missing Ruby greets the trio as they near her store. "I got short barrels, double barrels, whizz-bangs, smokie's, wrought armours that'll ricochet shards of iron and all the special effects you can ever think of and a few specials of my own. Balls of liquid shot that will penetrate any defence. Hey sweetie, you penetrated anything yet? You can tell Ruby is bawdy, extrovert and deliberately full of innuendo. She gives you a willing smile and opens the door to her shop. A few patrons check out her wares in the background, watched over by a guard on the door and a large barn owl which hoots from the chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by shaidar »

Alderhay smiles at Ruby

"You must be the infamous Ruby I've heard about, they certainly don't do you justice. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a virgin...when it comes to guns anyway" he winks "Rexlin owes me a couple of good pistols, so I've come to see your wares...and I'm not disappointed so far. I'm interested in something not too bulky and reasonably concealable, would those short-barrels you mentioned do the job? Forgive my ignorance, but what's a smokie and a whizz-bang?"
Last edited by shaidar on Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by Spearmint »

Nicholls' Freeport

Siggard and Szmodics talk futures escapades in the grotto. The mage has much studying to do and the rogue has a report to write. Captain Lazarus receives them at different times. Siggard Hagslayer. So you have a name for yourself. Eh! good, well make another. In the past we have been blasted and burnt, both I and the ship bear the scars of that. Perhaps with those apprentice mages and Mr Perryman you can come up with some way to deflect the incoming? The captain sets Siggard another target for spell research and experimentation. "Vana disappeared shortly after the crew went to Monte Verde. The rumour is you were the last to see her and she fell from the rigging. I doubt that very much but missing is presumed dead. Dig into the whispers and rumours and I want to know who, what, where and when." He assigns Szmodics another task of subterfuge and skulduggery.

Fenis 'the Fenix', Ferrol 'Bello', Rene, Alderhay and Stubble are all greeted aboard and assigned to work alongside more experienced crewmen. The Halfling is put straight to crafting with the ship's carpenter, the dwarf apprentices to the armoury. The other trio set to work in the sails and learn the rudiments of close hauling and running beam reach. The 1/2 orc is given musket training and told he will join the ships marine company. Equipped with a bayonet he is put to task running through straw dummies and learning charismatic war cries. The two shadowy cross skilled mages are examined closely. One comes from the local Arcanium with a good reputation. A schooled graduate. The elf runs form several islands, with less traceable history. No matter folk sign up for adventure, glory, 'reasons judiciary'. "Read through these books. They detail some contact with the Majere Solaris. It is a 'mage cult' on Eluethera, when we go there I want to be prepared." The Captain hands you a ledger of scribbled notes and uncommon calligraphy with a caution to study it and report any conclusions.

Rex, Pocc, Iggway, Geoff Zoggrot, resume their stations.

new adventure thread being opened shortly

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#338 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Rene,

When he gets a chance Rene will seek out Siggard, and ask the wizard to help him learn to read and write. If he doesn't have time he'll ask for a recommendation on who to ask.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#339 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Siggard tells Rene that he does indeed know the perfect instructor to teach the young boy how to read and write. Himself. :mrgreen: He spends any downtime that he can manage to help the Halfling out, starting out slow and easy to avoid any frustration early on. He even makes a few flash cards, thinking that Rene might not be the only one who could benefit from this teaching.

He double checks that the scroll from Szmodics is indeed what the rogue claimed it was, eager to add the pair of spells to his own arsenal as soon as possible.

After instruction from the captain, Siggard brainstorms on ways that might address the issue, wondering if the existence of a modern Shield spell could be modified in some way to fit their needs. "Yes sir, Captain, sir! I will have the new recruits gathered and explain to them what we seek. I don't think it will be a problem for our group to come up with something before too long, Captain sir!"

The mage gathers the pair of Ferrol and Alderhay as soon as he can muster them, hoping that the three of them can discuss the possibilities of trading magical spells in their downtime once the ship sails. Specifically, their Shield spells.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin

The big brute smiles wide, looking over her curves openly. He leans over the counter and holds up the gold tooth. Brought you a gift from our latest trip. Thought it might put a smile on yer lovely face. he winks. My associate here was a key part of bringing this here gem back. Thought it might put him in a bit of favor since he is the latest member of my soon to be personal crew.
And MY crew will exclusively buy thier gear here, of course. What do you say to all that My Dearest Ruby?

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”