Character Rollups

ffilz
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Rollups

#121 Post by Tiglath »

Oh yes. They're just for reference and serve their purpose well enough for that.
Please treat as for "information only".

Harper in a corridor looks really cool! 8-)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by shaidar »

Yeah, Harper in the corridor does look very cool, thanks!

I've grabbed a copy of both the colour and b/w pics.

8-)

zagygthemad
Scout
Scout

#123 Post by zagygthemad »

Ben Colder

96B8AB

Retired 6 term Merchant, age 42
Vacc- Suit - 1, Mechanical - 1, Navigation - 3, Admin. - 1, Engnrng - 1
60,000 credits, Sword, Carbine

This is what I came up with this morning, let me know if it passes muster.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by ffilz »

zagygthemad wrote:Ben Colder

96B8AB

Retired 6 term Merchant, age 42
Vacc- Suit - 1, Mechanical - 1, Navigation - 3, Admin. - 1, Engnrng - 1
60,000 credits, Sword, Carbine

This is what I came up with this morning, let me know if it passes muster.
Looks good.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#125 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Traveller Character
Name: Ayanda Taheri
Race: Human
Homeworld:(TBD)
Appearance: Tall, well muscled, military air, medium skin tone, short black hair

Stats
Str 12, Dex 12, End 10, Int 8, Edu 9, Soc 7

Career: 3 terms Navy, Final Rank: Commander

Skills: Gunnery 1, JoT 1, Vacc suit 1, Mechanical 1, Ships Boat 1, Electronics 1, Engineering 1.

Mustering out: 10,000CR, High Passage, Low Passage
SpinwardMarch

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by Faanku »

I saw that all the ship's roles other than Gunner were filled, so I tried to fill that niche. With what I assume is a very low strength score for the system, I thought I'd play him as a kind of shrewd, street-smart kind of criminal who learned quickly how to talk his way out of a beating. I imagine he fell in with a pirate crew or similar in the local area (I'm not sure how rife piracy is in the current vicinity) and bided his time to usurp the position above his own before pulling a disappearing act when he sensed his own demise. He's now looking to go "straight," or at least less crooked, perhaps wanting a sense of stability as middle age creeps up on him.

Code: Select all

Pirate Corporal Nathan Quinn - 4A7C96 - Age 30
3 Terms - Cr11,000

Skills: Brawling-1, Grav Vehicle-1, Gunnery-2, SMG-2, Streetwise-1

Enlist in Pirate
No Commission
Brawling-1
+1 Gunnery
+1 Vehicle

Commission
+1 Gun Combat
+1 Gun Combat

Promotion to Corporal
+1 Gunnery
+1 Streetwise

Failed Re-enlistment
Mustering Out
+1 Int
+1 Soc
+1,000 cred
+10,000 cred
Last edited by Faanku on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by ffilz »

Faanku wrote:I saw that all the ship's roles other than Gunner were filled, so I tried to fill that niche. With what I assume is a very low strength score for the system, I thought I'd play him as a kind of shrewd, street-smart kind of criminal who learned quickly how to talk his way out of a beating. I imagine he fell in with a pirate crew or similar in the local area (I'm not sure how rife piracy is in the current vicinity) and bided his time to usurp the position above his own before pulling a disappearing act when he sensed his own demise. He's now looking to go "straight," or at least less crooked, perhaps wanting a sense of stability as middle age creeps up on him.

Code: Select all

Pirate Corporal Nathan "Wire" Davies - 4A7C96 - Age 30
3 Terms - Cr11,000

Skills: Auto Pistol-2, Brawling-1, Grav Vehicle-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1
Nice. Welcome aboard.

I still need to figure out how best to bring on the new PCs. It may be that Squee had the wrong count of people in suspended animation (since neither of these characters seem like they would have been part of the missing scout party).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by ffilz »

Did either of you new players request access to the Google Doc? I didn't recognize the e-mail as being connected to either of you.

We also have one new player who PMed me a character but I don't think has posted in the forum yet.

EDIT: oops, if I had read the whole e-mail I would have seen it was Faanku...

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#129 Post by SpinwardMarch »

However you work Ayanda into the game is fine. She rolled up to be a jack-of-all-trades kind of person, generally useful in most situations.
SpinwardMarch

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#130 Post by Faanku »

If Nathan and Ayanda are joining at the same time, perhaps they have spent some brief time together before meeting the party?

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#131 Post by Faanku »

Anyone here?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#132 Post by ffilz »

Sorry, things have gone topsy turvy for me. I haven't been able to get the time I usually get to work on gaming and the new game I'm starting has turned out to have a much bigger startup effort than I expected.

Frank

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#133 Post by Faanku »

Fair enough, these things happen!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by ffilz »

And I've totally forgotten about the new players...

If you're both still on, I've got a few options:

1. You're in the same predicament as the Scouts who are stuck in the temple, might not be very much fun...

2. Nathan was actually the Air/Raft driver for the Scouts and the three of you have been hiding, and decide to pop over the ridge.

3. You've actually been exploring the temple yourselves and come upon the other group.

I'm real tempted to give Cmdr. Taheri a suit of Combat Armor and a Laser Rifle (skill-0)...

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Tiglath »

... and a sack full of grenades ... ;)

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#136 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Option 2 looks interesting. Where do I start, to catch up to the "current" time? I feel that the player and character should know the same information. Cmdr. Taheri would be happy to have a suit of Combat Armor, and Laser Rifle 0 could be useful.
SpinwardMarch

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#137 Post by ffilz »

SpinwardMarch wrote:Option 2 looks interesting. Where do I start, to catch up to the "current" time? I feel that the player and character should know the same information. Cmdr. Taheri would be happy to have a suit of Combat Armor, and Laser Rifle 0 could be useful.
Read the three threads on the ruins, you don't know the details of the actions of the "original" PCs, but most of the information they have gathered you should also have. See the Google Doc for a picture of the ruins.

Once we have some consensus from the the new players, I'll let you know what your actual situation is and anything else you might know.

I'll give it another 24 hours or so, I don't want to stall out the game again. Any new players who miss this window, I'll just fit them in when they do arrive, or we'll NPC them or something...

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Tiglath »

Welcome aboard, looking forward to gaming with you! :)

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#139 Post by Faanku »

Before I join, is Auto Pistol the best pick for my ranged weapon skill? I am not familiar with Traveller at all outside of the basic premise. If you have any advice for other equipment too it would be much appreciated!
2. Nathan was actually the Air/Raft driver for the Scouts and the three of you have been hiding, and decide to pop over the ridge.
I like this option, it would make sense for him to be freelancing.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Tiglath »

Welcome to the game.

The "guns" work in the same roles as current equivalents i.e. personal protection/concealable or battlefield/full on military with the practical advantages & disadvantages you'd expect.

Pick as per what your PC wants his gun to do for him/her. The twist with Traveller is the Dexterity bonus on rolls to hit which effectively gives you extra skill levels.

e.g. Above in the thread Laser Rifle skill of 0 plus Dexterity Bonus of +2 for Cmdr Taheri's high Dexterity actually gives Laser Rifle 0 +2 to hit for effective skill of Laser Rifle 2.

Some Dex bonuses are +2 but most are +1 dependent on the weapon.

If your PC's Dex is 10 you get a bonus with most weapons and you get more effective skills by picking weapons that give a +2 bonus. So take two weapons at skill 1 but with optimium Dex bonus of +2 and you'll be +3 to hit with both - not too shabby!

The +2 bonus comes with Dex 10+ for military rifles/auto rifles, SMGs and Laser Carbine (but not Laser Rifle Dex bonus at Dex 11+). As you'd expect Autorifle and SMG give an autofire bonus (chance to engage additional targets). The Laser Carbine has a bulky power pack but is as good as a rifle.

Logistics applies - everything except SMG is heavy.

If you want a sidearm / concealable handgun your Dex bonus will be +1 for either revolver or autopistol.
Last edited by Tiglath on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”