Character Rollups

ffilz
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Rollups

#181 Post by Tiglath »

The party were briefed that we were rescuing Scout personnel - hence their confusion.

I believe Nathan and Cmdr. Taheri (who are on board the shuttle) are your security element who remained outside while you (and three others) went in.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#182 Post by Faanku »

I'm a driver, the SMG is just decoration ;)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#183 Post by ffilz »

RotFuchs wrote:I thought you would introduce me after the spider attack. So, who I am? The unconsious "scout"? (I am not a Vargr, just a normal humaniti)
Yea, you're the "Scout" who just came to. Your team was not expecting the spiders. You were probably on the team for your Computer, Electronics, and Prospecting skills.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Leitz »

I realize that CT doesn't have the "Connections" benefit MgT does, but it might help bring in a new character. Anyone up for knowing a 4 term human male former Merchant 3rd Officer? He's been doing small merchant ships for a while, surviving on his wits out in "the wild". That's my guess, since three of four survival rolls were right on the nose. His Int pushed the rolls to two over the required.

Larry Corona 976BC7 Age 34
Admin-2, Computer-1, Eng-2, Nav-1, Pilot-1
Merchant, 4 terms, 3rd Officer

--- Rolls ---
Initial Stats A77AC7

Rolls are listed as roll plus mod

Enlist Merchants, 7+3
Survive 5+2
Comm/Promo: 7+1
Re-up: 4
Skills: Admin, Nav, Computer

Survive: 5+2
Comm/Promo: 8+1
Re-up: 7
Skills: Eng

Survive: 8+2
Comm/Promo: 8+1
Re-up: 8
Skills: Admin

Survive: 5+2
Comm/Promo: 10
Re-up: 8
Skills: Eng, Pilot

Muster Out: (1,1,2,5,6)
Lowx2, Cr 65,000

Aging -1 Str, -1 End

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#185 Post by ffilz »

See the Damkina thread for Larry's introduction into the game...

Oh, did you roll for promotion term 1? If you didn't it's possibly another rank and skill roll.
Last edited by ffilz on Wed May 13, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Tiglath »

Leitz wrote: Anyone up for knowing a 4 term human male former Merchant 3rd Officer? He's been doing small merchant ships for a while, surviving on his wits out in "the wild".
Welcome to the game! :)

Of my PCs Grimaud is an ex Merchant 4th Officer who had a brush with pirates early in his career (learning SMG) - presumably on some type of "Free Trader". Not being a martial type he then went on to "bigger safer" ships where he could pursue his love of the culinary arts as a chef (I imagine on a yacht or "liner"???) He then becomes Foix's "batman" in La Legion (local elite armed forces).

I suppose another more immediate option is for your PC to have very recently mustered out and carried a "Mr" Gauvain Foix (now bearing a startling resemblance to the Comte de Foix) and a Mr Grimaud as passengers. They drank all the ship's high end booze but kept themselves to themselves and disembarked (carrying a small arsenal of weapons between them) on Shedezar (J3 away) - where you may have mustered out?

I'm posting at the same time as Frank but having typed I'll put this up in case it's of use. His version is, of course, canon! :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:
Leitz wrote: Anyone up for knowing a 4 term human male former Merchant 3rd Officer? He's been doing small merchant ships for a while, surviving on his wits out in "the wild".

Of my PCs Grimaud is an ex Merchant 4th Officer who had a brush with pirates early in his career (learning SMG) - presumably on some type of "Free Trader". Not being a martial type he then went on to "bigger safer" ships where he could pursue his love of the culinary arts as a chef (I imagine on a yacht or "liner"???) He then becomes Foix's "batman" in La Legion (local elite armed forces).

I suppose another more immediate option is for your PC to have very recently mustered out and carried a "Mr" Gauvain Foix (now bearing a startling resemblance to the Comte de Foix) and a Mr Grimaud as passengers. They drank all the ship's high end booze but kept themselves to themselves and disembarked (carrying a small arsenal of weapons between them) on Shedezar (J3 away) - where you may have mustered out?

I'm posting at the same time as Frank but having typed I'll put this up in case it's of use. His version is, of course, canon! :)
Oh, much of your ideas line up fine with what I just posted over on the Damkina thread. I haven't justified the close calls yet, but I'm sure the Foix family ships sometimes result in not quite safe goings on...

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#188 Post by ffilz »

Leitz, you should also consider if you want to start any self improvement courses. You could work on some weapon skills, and/or work on Vacc-Suit-0 with the crew. You have two self improvement slots (see my house rules for how I have loosened up the self improvement rules a bit).

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Leitz »

ffilz wrote:Leitz, you should also consider if you want to start any self improvement courses. You could work on some weapon skills, and/or work on Vacc-Suit-0 with the crew. You have two self improvement slots (see my house rules for how I have loosened up the self improvement rules a bit).
Yup, I looked at the "Who is in the game" spreadsheet so I could see what skills were needed for the crew, but wanted to ask.

Also, Larry's promotion rolls were likely what pushed him out, he was always "this close" (7,8,8,10). If the DM were +2 he would have likely stayed in, and had a couple more skills. I'll go look at the IC thread.

Okay, Larry's performance reports show a solid contributor who is easy to get along with. Well educated, he has managed to train himself enough on multiple crew roles to warrant formal training and duty assignment. A studious type, Larry is often given tasks that need someone quietly dependable.

I'll look at the equipment stuff, Larry wouldn't show up with anything exotic. He's looking to multiply his money with Admin skill and speculative trade.

Addendum: Let's keep the self-improvement stuff for a conversation with the new crew. It'll give him a connection to whomever.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by ffilz »

Sounds good, did you do both a commission roll and promotion roll in term 1? You may have missed that. It's possible to get 4 skill rolls term 1 (plus up to 2 automatic skills for those lucky Marine and Army folks).

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Leitz »

ffilz wrote:Sounds good, did you do both a commission roll and promotion roll in term 1? You may have missed that. It's possible to get 4 skill rolls term 1 (plus up to 2 automatic skills for those lucky Marine and Army folks).
Missed promotion in term 1, rolled a 7.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Leitz »

Tiglath wrote:

I'm pretty sure Larry has been aboard small ships for his entire career, the idea of promotion seemed to just barely escape him three out of four terms. So, in place crews that didn't have a lot of upward mobility. I think Larry would move from ship to ship, mostly as a way to sign on in a different crew role, and build those skills. Of course, that hurt his promotion chances too, he was always the new guy.

Larry would easily be the person to smooth over any paperwork or administer larger projects for the Foix interests. Grimaud may have needed to pass off the organizing of a largish party in a system he was unfamiliar with. Lots of options, your call.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”