[closed - wait list] Classic Traveller Wine Dark Rift

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Passively recruiting for Classic Traveller Wine Dark Rif

#41 Post by ffilz »

Starbeard wrote:Room for me? It might be a week or two before I can jump in with rolling up a character.
Absolutely, you already have access to the sub-forum (you had expressed interest back when I first advertised...).

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Starbeard »

Perfect! I’ll get to rolling up a character asap.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by ffilz »

ffilz wrote:I'm going to open this up again, our ship captain has not posted in over a month, so I am trying to revive action with some on-planet for now. If the captain returns to active play we will determine how to continue with the ship. Of course folks may decide to take passage on another ship. If we need to, I will split the campaign into a merchant ship based campaign and a second campaign.

If new players roll up a character with a ship (since we already have a ship, I will not "help" this situation), then I will decide how to proceed (the new ship might be grounded for repairs, or something, or I may just outright decide to start a second ship).

Frank
Ship captain has surfaced again, and we have added some players so I will close this down again. If you really are interested post here and I'll keep a wait list.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [closed - wait listing] Classic Traveller Wine Dark Rift

#44 Post by NJWilliam »

Please put me on the waitlist.
Thanks!
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Le Noir Faineant
Strider
Strider

#45 Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Me, too. I got a long and busy summer ahead, and I've never come close to playing Traveller, but... If you can use me, I'm in. :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by ffilz »

I also had a PM request for a slot.

I think I could have one slot open for someone willing to be an active player. For at least the short term, it would mean taking over an existing character because I don't want to jigger the crew too much after the recent shuffles we've had, but there might be a possibility of creating your own character.

So if you're still interested, let me know and I'll decide (heck, who knows, maybe I'll take on several new players).

Le Noir Faineant
Strider
Strider

#47 Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Since I am already in your RQ game, I'll be happy to give this slot to another friend of the hobby in need of his or her RPG fix! :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by ffilz »

Ok, so we definitely have room for both NJWilliam and Le Noir Faineant.

I have added both of you to the campaign. Head over to the chargen thread and start a conversation.

You are welcome to generate characters in one of the following ways:

Use the Unseen Servant Dice Roller and roll your own, doing all the steps.

Using the online character generator:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Gaming ... acter.html

Here is a reasonable set of options to use with it:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Gaming ... scade=skip

Let me generate a character for you (if you'd like to make some requests about the character type, let me know, and I'll make some accommodations, including "cheating" if your request is reasonable).

Frank

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by ffilz »

I haven't heard response (or did I miss something) from anyone on the wait list, I'm just going to re-open this with one or two slots open.

The active players will be departing a Free Trader to join in the expeditions of a Noble with a ship with more flexibility than a Free Trader. The Noble will be an NPC, but will listen to the PCs ideas for where to go, so there will be player direction of the campaign without worrying about how the ship will be funded (the current players aren't interested in Travellers trading mini-game).

So if you're interested, please take a look at the campaign forum, and then post here. I will give priority to those who had responded in the past as long as they respond before things get too far along.

Frank

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [open for 1-2 players] Classic Traveller Wine Dark Rift

#50 Post by ffilz »

I'm going to flog this again...

There is opportunity for one or two additional players. There's definitely an opportunity to take on the Engineer who is a member household of the noble who owns the ship the PCs will be using. A player who wanted to roll up a character could go for a Navy, Scout, or Merchant character with Gunnery (I can even help with that...).

With a noble patron, the players will have flexibility as to where they explore.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by shaidar »

hi

I'm interested in the engineer. However, while I'm a sci-fi fan I have no experience of Traveller, is this a problem?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by ffilz »

shaidar wrote:hi

I'm interested in the engineer. However, while I'm a sci-fi fan I have no experience of Traveller, is this a problem?
No, Classic Traveller is pretty simple, and really most of the time you will indicate what you want to do, and I'll tell you the mechanics if we even go there...

So far in all my Traveller play by post gaming, there has yet to be a shot fired...

You have been added to the game, go ahead and check out the threads, maybe introduce yourself in the OOC thread, and then jump into the Lady Alicia's thread.

BTW, if you can PM me an e-mail address you use for Google Docs, I can add you to those able to edit the campaign file:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLn ... sp=sharing

You can also request access from within Google Docs which is more direct than a PM here...

The Engineer is Dame Harper Foix.

Frank

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by ffilz »

This is actually still open...

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by SpinwardMarch »

I am interested in joining a Traveller game. I have been playing since around 1980, and have almost all the original small books (well, inherited them from my late husband).
SpinwardMarch

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by ffilz »

SpinwardMarch wrote:I am interested in joining a Traveller game. I have been playing since around 1980, and have almost all the original small books (well, inherited them from my late husband).
I'll add you to the access for the campaign forum and you can start talking character in the chargen thread and have a look around.

Frank

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#56 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Thank you.
SpinwardMarch

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Faanku »

I've never played Traveller before but would be very interested in trying it out if there's room.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by ffilz »

Faanku wrote:I've never played Traveller before but would be very interested in trying it out if there's room.
I've added you to the access group for the campaign, please check out the character creation thread.

viewtopic.php?f=518&t=6778

Optionally, pick either Dame Ananya Foix or Vivien Yang from the following document to play:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLn ... sp=sharing

You should also request access to that document (or you can PM me an e-mail address I can invite to edit the document).

Frank

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by ffilz »

And with that, I'm going to close this for joining, feel free to post to sit on the waiting list.

Return to “Looking for players or games”