OOC/ Vacation Thread

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC/ Vacation Thread

#81 Post by Rukellian »

My mind will be elsewhere these next few days. I will provide an update either Monday or Tuesday.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Zhym »

I apologize for lack of posting. I'm swamped by work right now and probably will be through at least Thursday. Please NPC Elethil as needed.

Thanks.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rukellian »

Thank you for the heads up, Zhym.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Zhym »

Would we have any way of knowing whether a cockatrice gaze works in the dark? Or do cockatrices turn people to stone by touch instead of gaze? I'm having a potentially bad idea: turn out all the lights and let Elethil fight the cockatrice hand-to-hand in the dark. But that only works if cockatrices paralyze by gaze, not by touch, and if it doesn't affect infravision.

So, yeah. Maybe a bad idea. OTOH, I'm not sure we can fight a cockatrice and two hellhounds and live. Unless we can get the cockatrice to fight the hellhounds?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Rukellian »

The cockatrice's turn to stone effect only engages with direct contact. Shooting it down from afar is the best option right now, darkness or no darkness. Parrying it with a weapon, or blocking with a shield is doable I believe, but bodily contact will trigger a save roll. To be honest, I probably won't trigger it until someone actually takes damage from a cockatrice attack.

As for the chances of survival, I'm confident your group of 5 can handle this situation. :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Rukellian »

I have just sent a PM to Nuke66, letting him know that combat has initiated. I'm going to check back later around noon, EST. If I don't see anything from him by then, I will NPC accordingly.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Zhym »

A druid charming a cockatrice? That's new.

Not complaining, mind. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Zhym »

Have we met Brother Bolden before? Or just heard about him?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Rex »

Mehath hasn't met him, not sure about the others.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Rukellian »

Heard. Officially, he is a member of the Brotherhood of Prometheus, assigned to Iron Glade to help provide magical services and or teaching. The innkeeper from the Red Rock Inn in New Dathan City spoke of Brother Bolden's abrupt pause in communications, but you did not learn of the Brother's name until you reached Iron Glade.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Zhym »

So, how did we recognize him? ;)

And are we supposed to know who he means by the "thief?"

Anyway, he seems awfully mouthy for someone who just came across people who have a pet cockatrice.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rukellian »

A poor choice of words, admittedly. I was making some jumps in logic again, figuring that the group would expect the only mage-looking guy in this area to be the one that was spoken of earlier, the one that went missing, Eric and the two captured spellcasters currently being held in Iron Glade's prison being the exceptions.

The thief was another jump in logic I made. The group knows that Dufonte went out ahead to take care of his business. The statue of the man in the chamber has a similar resemblance to him. The mage would have considered him a thief, not knowing his true intentions before he was turned to stone.

I really need to stop doing that... making these assumptions. *sigh* sorry for the trouble everyone. :|

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Zhym »

Thanks.

I think the only other question I have is whether he seems hostile or not. Although the hellhounds (well, now it's hellhound, singular, right?) make it difficult to stop and parley in any case.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rex »

YUp, not stopping to talk until the hell hound is dead, priorities and all.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Zhym »

So, here's another question. If we knew enough to recognize Brother Beren, would Brother Beren recognize Elethil, Strongest of the Elves, Borther of Prometheus, who was involved in all the to-do in the last adventure? Seems like Elethil might have some notoriety by now.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rukellian »

Perhaps only by name would he recognize such an individual. The Brothers of Prometheus are not so closely-knit as to recognize every single member or ally. Those in New Dathan City would instantly recognize Elithil, but those outside the city, its a gamble.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Zhym »

Maybe not, but elves aren't common in this game world—muscular elves even less so. There would have been stories of the strong elf, right?

If Elethil were any other member of the Brothers of Prometheus, I'd agree with you. But Elethil's sort of a special case whose appearance I'd think would prompt at least a, "Hey, aren't you...?"

No worries, though. I can work with what's posted. :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Rukellian »

I'd rather not push the game forward with more NPC dialogue if I can help it, feel's like I'm railroading doing that. With that said, is there something else you guys are waiting on? Or should I just move the action forward and have Brother Bolden continue with his plans to deliver the artifact shard to the New Dathan City?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Rex »

I was waiting on Elethil since Mehath has no idea what he saw.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Zhym »

It seemed to me that bits of info on the thing were being parceled out. So far, it's a powerful thingy that we don't know what it does, right?

Return to “Dark Eye of the East (OSRIC)”