Action Thread 4

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 4

#121 Post by tkrexx »

They are unnatural, no one can deny that.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Argennian »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:"Let us keep in mind," Illhalevar quietly adds, "what we were asked to do in the first place. We must seek out the misshapen beasts that are attacking the villagers and cattle and put an end to them.
"This is a good point," Malak adds. "Especially since it's safe to say the 'misshapen beasts' are not of the creepy, eight-legged variety.

A beat later.

"'Misshapen beasts.' 'Misshapen beasts.'" he can be heard repeating. "Seems like those plant people could be considered a 'misshapen beast.' I say we start there."
"I certainly agree! Those plant-men are a perversion to nature. That they went forth and attacked the villagers and their cattle proves this. They should be destroyed or permanently disabled! Let us take the experience we learned from fighting them and make plans to combat them, friends. I would be wary of whomever or whatever is… growing them. But I will be prepared, nonetheless..."

Zaf gets her flasks of oil ready and also readies a torch.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by Nuke66 »

"Yes, the mission. The easiest way to deal with a snake is to cut off the head. I assume the plant-men are not natural, so our target should be whatever in doing this."

Al'Zur sits back and listens to the rest of the group.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by rredmond »

So, back the way you came, or forward?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#125 Post by Alethan »

I say back to the intersection and then go the way the rats indicated was where the plant men are grown.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#126 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:I say back to the intersection and then go the way the rats indicated was where the plant men are grown.
"Here, let me lead the way." states Malak proudly as he begins to head in the direction of the plant men. He turns and looks to Odo, asking: "You comin' with me, or what?"
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#127 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar follows Malak.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#128 Post by Solinor »

We must go this way! sounding crazy in his insistence. He points to the eastern passage way from the intersection.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger silently vows to use his hand ax if the "Scarecrows" are met again. His teeth grind as he recalls his ineffectiveness with the bow & spear.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by saalaria »

Solinor wrote:We must go this way! sounding crazy in his insistence. He points to the eastern passage way from the intersection.
"What gives you such conviction on the direction for our quest?"
Rumbles Varkos. "Isn't one passage just like any other?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#131 Post by Alethan »

"The rats said to use the tunnel opposite them. Since they were in the western tunnel, it seems only logical that we should go down the eastern one..." Ilhalevar quietly adds.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#132 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:"Here, let me lead the way."
As he begins to carefully make his way down the eastern passage.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#133 Post by Nuke66 »

"That as good a reason as any other, 'cept being that the advice came from rats." Al'Zur switches positions so we can turn this company around.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by saalaria »

Varkos nods in understanding to the wood elf and moves off in his usual place in the mo. He allows the sneakers to have got a good few feet in front of the rest of the party before he leads the rest on.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#135 Post by Solinor »

saalaria wrote:
Solinor wrote:We must go this way! sounding crazy in his insistence. He points to the eastern passage way from the intersection.
"What gives you such conviction on the direction for our quest?"
Rumbles Varkos. "Isn't one passage just like any other?"
Raises his fist. Faith my good friend! Faith! Trust in the mightiest of powers! I am a vessel of divine inspiration and through me omnipotent wisdom will make itself known!

Eyeing Varkos Most certainly one path is not like another, only the young or the foolish would say such a thing!

Falls in to follow Malak.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#136 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo wakes up from his long mumbling phase, and follows Malak

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#137 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake, secretly content another has taken the initiative, also follows.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger takes after Malak.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:00p

The party quickly decides to turn around and heads back the way they came, past the offshoot passage. Once at the intersection they see that the waterfall is almost completely back in its proper channel. They also note another keyhole next to the waterfall that looks suspiciously like the one at the top.

With the two thieves leading the way, you quietly and quickly enter into the eastern passage. There have not been any bad guys that you’ve seen, and you leave the mechanical noise of the water machine further behind. After going about 30’ the thieves stop the party. They communicate that the passage opens into a large chamber. Otherwise it’s quiet in here.

Malak’s torch starts to sputter, which startles him, but he quickly realizes that the torch is coming to the end of its life.

Map here: viewtopic.php?p=15581#p15581
Let me know if you wanted to do anything along the way to the chamber, and how you are handling the chamber.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Malak; 2- Varkos and Rake; 3- SoT; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#140 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Malak’s torch starts to sputter, which startles him, but he quickly realizes that the torch is coming to the end of its life.
Malak retrieves a new torch from his backpack and uses the waning moments of his existing torch to light this new one. "Whaddya think?" he wonders aloud.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”