Action Thread 4

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 4

#61 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar nods at Zafalia's advice and removes two of the fingers from each hand of the creature she dragged over to the lock.

"Just in case," she mumbles to herself as she removes the fourth finger... She stows the wooden keys away in a belt pouch.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#62 Post by Vargr1105 »

While the party attempts to communicate with the alien/plant/thing Rake notices, or thinks he notices two things.

"Hey! Is it just me seeing things or is the door and the wall-hole both very, very slowly beginning to close?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#63 Post by Alethan »

"Let's get down that ladder quickly, then..."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by tkrexx »

Hurriedly the Ranger hisses to Ilhalevar: Is your key still intact?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by Alethan »

"I did not remove the key from the lock, if that is what you mean. It probably just has a self-closing function built into it, is all. Several of us have "spare keys" now, though. Let us make haste down the stairs!"

Ilhalevar offers to hold one of the torches while others climb down, as long as they hurry up with it!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Let us make haste down the stairs!"

Ilhalevar offers to hold one of the torches while others climb down, as long as they hurry up with it!
"Ah, heck." Malak offers. "Everyone, follow me."

He quickly makes his way for the stairs and begins his careful descent.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Argennian »

If the scarecrow creature hostage does not respond to Zafalia's query in common or Druidic Cant, she will shrug and make ready to follow the others down the ladder. "It is bound and will not be going anywhere on its own power, at least..."

OOC: was just waiting for Ron to update on this, otherwise Zaf is ready to follow the others down!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by saalaria »

Varkos smiles at the bit of excitement and, again surprising everyone with his speed/agility, follows Malak down the ladder.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur waits until last to climb the ladder, he is watching the movement, trying to gauge how much time is left.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger will also descend.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#71 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar will follow the ranger down.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 11:15a

The druid’s attempts to speak to the creature are fruitless. It looks at her as she talks, mayhap understanding, but doesn’t respond. She’s not sure how the creature communicates as it definitely doesn’t have a mouth. She leaves it bound behind them.

Al'Zur can see that the door and channel are closing very slowly, and won’t be fully closed for at least an hour.

Everyone gets down the ladder safely and you’ve come to an area just outside a four way intersection. Everyone is surprised as Al’Zur comes down last, carrying a head of one of the scarecrow creatures you just fought.

Please mark on your character sheets who has fingers…. Or heads. :) Give me a bit to update the maps…

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT and Malak; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 40 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#73 Post by Alethan »

Inventory updated. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 11:15a

Map is here viewtopic.php?p=15581#p15581. You are all climbed down and at the red X as noted, the waterfall is just behind you (North).

The climb down was relatively quick, as you found the ladder not slippery and very sturdy. Ahead you see a four-way intersection. From what you can tell, there's some sort of wooden roots or something causing the division of the river's flow into three parts. Also the passage you are in, and the three passages out of the intersection all seem to slope, gradually downward. The passage to your left (East) is quiet and dark, the passage straight ahead (South) seems to have a blue glow somewhere in the distance, while the passage to your right (West) seems to have a distant clicking and creaking noise.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT and Malak; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 40 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by tkrexx »

Son of Thunder eyes Al'zur with a bit of surprise. I didn't like them either, but... After a quick check of the area walkways for sign, he clears his throat and addresses the group. Our choices are dim light, darkness, or mysterious sounds.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar moves closer to the western passage and attempts to discern what the sound is by listening more closely to it.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia, setting down her still-closed hooded lantern to the side of the ladder, creeps up stealthily to observe the river intersection, looking for any potential animals or creatures that might be lying in wait. She takes a close look at the water and how it's dispersed and then creeps back to the others to whisper her observations.

"I could see nothing obvious waiting in or around the water, friends. There is, however, a most unusual growth of wood that is dividing and splitting the river. It is NOT natural. My best guess is that some sort of magic appears to have warped this large growth of wood. The only reason I can think of is irrigation..."

She then dons the perturbed and serious look upon her visage. "Based upon what I see here and with the plant constructs we encountered, I dare not understate the power of the magic that would be required to do this. I must caution that whatever is behind this has command of very strong magics. We would do well to avoid making ourselves unknowing subjects of said magics. I hope and pray that whomever is behind this is not a powerful druid that fell from the graces of my nature order..."

The druidess moves to the eastern passage, opposite of Ilhalevar, and positions herself to stand guard against anything that might be coming from that direction. She will strain ears and her infravision in an attempt to detect if anything lies in that direction.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by saalaria »

(whispers) "I say go in the front - lets go for the noise"
Varkos seems enthusiastic action.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake contributes his opinion on where the party should head next.

"Where there is smoke there is fire, where there is noise...there's action. I agree we should check out what or whom is making that sound."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#80 Post by dmw71 »

Vargr1105 wrote:Rake contributes his opinion on where the party should head next.

"Where there is smoke there is fire, where there is noise...there's action. I agree we should check out what or whom is making that sound."
Malak saunters over to where Rake stands. "I'm with you." he says.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”