Out Of Character Friendly Banter And Casual Conversation

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Out Of Character Friendly Banter And Casual Conversation

#61 Post by zebediah »

Just edited the message in the character sheet thread to mention the spell I have memorized. Nidhogg, if you prefer to handle daily spell selection differently (in the sheet, via pm) let me know.

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#62 Post by Nidhogg »

zebediah wrote:Just edited the message in the character sheet thread to mention the spell I have memorized. Nidhogg, if you prefer to handle daily spell selection differently (in the sheet, via pm) let me know.
I think this is good. If you could mention it in game at the start of the day, that would be fine as well.

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#63 Post by Nidhogg »

Wow, Clarissa is a real trouble maker isn't she? Does she actually try to provoke Mist and get her angry? :P

I'm enjoying this immensely already. Keep it up, everyone!

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#64 Post by Nidhogg »

Vargr1105 wrote: Occ: what weapons have we been given for this hunt? Spears?
Vargr asks a good question. I hadn't thought of this before. Up to this point, I was just assuming you'd, as adventurers, bring your own weapons. All the other elves are wielding combinations of

- a spear
- a short sword
- short bow

I'm sure you could have borrowed such weapons from the elves, right before the hunt, If you don't feel like bringing/using your own weapons, feel free to mention in the IC thread that you borrowed these from the elves, but remember that you'll have to return them undamaged.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by zebediah »

Hey guys I will be traveling with limited connectivity until next Sunday, so I might not be able to post regularly throu the week.

Nidhogg, if you need to move the story forward and I haven't posted would you NPC Sergius? Thx!

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#66 Post by Nidhogg »

zebediah wrote:Hey guys I will be traveling with limited connectivity until next Sunday, so I might not be able to post regularly throu the week.

Nidhogg, if you need to move the story forward and I haven't posted would you NPC Sergius? Thx!
Sure thing and nice holidays (if that's why you're traveling)!

I'll post an update soon-ish, in a few hours.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by zebediah »

Nidhogg wrote: Sure thing and nice holidays (if that's why you're traveling)!
Work, but I'll probably spend Friday and Saturday on the beach. 8-)

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#68 Post by Nidhogg »

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay. My work suddenly got a lot intense. I'll get back to posting something this weekend and then the regular schedule will return. :)

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by ragnboneshopper »

No prob. Same here, with semester starting up (I teach college English) and lots of other things coming due. Great fun so far, though!
"I must lie down where all the ladders start / In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart." —W. B. Yeats, "The Circus Animals' Desertion"

Geert Harfoot, Level 1 Halfling, Spartakos's Borderlands of Lamora Game
Brother Constantine, Level 3 Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User, Spartakos's Play by Board Game
Former Unseen Servant DM, UK5 Eye of the Serpent

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by onlyme »

Nidhogg wrote:Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay. My work suddenly got a lot intense. I'll get back to posting something this weekend and then the regular schedule will return. :)

No problem... Clarissa will just spend the next couple days chatting with her new bff Mist.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#71 Post by Nidhogg »

All right, I'm back. I'll post an update right now. Let's continue the hunt! :D

Okay, I'm going to need some advise her, since I'm not sure how to do a hunt "by the rules". I guess we could do it like a normal combat encounter?

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Somewhere, I've seen a random hunting table, but can't remember where. Wilderness Survival Guide maybe? But those rules are more for finding game and hunting without playing it out. Combat should work. Stag stats in MM?

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#73 Post by Nidhogg »

ragnboneshopper wrote:Somewhere, I've seen a random hunting table, but can't remember where. Wilderness Survival Guide maybe? But those rules are more for finding game and hunting without playing it out. Combat should work. Stag stats in MM?
Yes, we could use combat rules.

Stats for the Stag in the MM and Herd Animal for the deer.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by onlyme »

Nidhogg wrote:All right, I'm back. I'll post an update right now. Let's continue the hunt! :D

Okay, I'm going to need some advise her, since I'm not sure how to do a hunt "by the rules". I guess we could do it like a normal combat encounter?

My thought would be to dm it how you want it to play out... i.e. if you have some sinister plan for our pcs based on this hunt, make sure the rules move us in that direction. If not, then just use combat rules as if the animals are fleeing???
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by ragnboneshopper »

onlyme wrote:
Nidhogg wrote:All right, I'm back. I'll post an update right now. Let's continue the hunt! :D

My thought would be to dm it how you want it to play out... i.e. if you have some sinister plan for our pcs based on this hunt, make sure the rules move us in that direction. If not, then just use combat rules as if the animals are fleeing???
This makes very good sense. We're at your mercy, Nidhogg. The joy of DMing is getting to decide, the joy of being a player, going along for the ride...or is that curse? ;)

Speaking of south, does anyone else hear Clarissa's voice as Scarlet in Gone with the Wind? ;)

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#76 Post by Nidhogg »

ragnboneshopper wrote:
onlyme wrote:

This makes very good sense. We're at your mercy, Nidhogg. The joy of DMing is getting to decide, the joy of being a player, going along for the ride...or is that curse? ;)

Speaking of south, does anyone else hear Clarissa's voice as Scarlet in Gone with the Wind? ;)
Hahaha, okay. I guess I'm a bit hesitant about fudging rules. I've posted in the IC-thread what I think would be best.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by onlyme »

ragnboneshopper wrote: [Speaking of south, does anyone else hear Clarissa's voice as Scarlet in Gone with the Wind? ;)

That is how I am playing her... A mix of Scarlett from GWTW and Milady from The Three Musketeers...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by onlyme »

Clarissa just fired two shots in the action thread. I assume she should get 2 shots per hunting round.

She also has a +3 dexterity attack bonus for bows, and an elf +1 to hit. So I am pretty sure both shots (effectively a 20 and a 19) were hits. That is how I am to read the rules, correct?

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by ragnboneshopper »

onlyme wrote:
ragnboneshopper wrote: [Speaking of south, does anyone else hear Clarissa's voice as Scarlet in Gone with the Wind? ;)

That is how I am playing her... A mix of Scarlett from GWTW and Milady from The Three Musketeers...
Cool. Kept wondering if it was me or if I really was hearing the speech pattern come through, then realized where it might be coming from, partially. A southern belle-lady elf assassin, marvelous! Glad she's on our side....errr, she is on our side, right? :shock: (gulps)
"I must lie down where all the ladders start / In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart." —W. B. Yeats, "The Circus Animals' Desertion"

Geert Harfoot, Level 1 Halfling, Spartakos's Borderlands of Lamora Game
Brother Constantine, Level 3 Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User, Spartakos's Play by Board Game
Former Unseen Servant DM, UK5 Eye of the Serpent

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by onlyme »

rfrahm87 wrote:Risto let's out a frustrated sigh as the deer startle and run away from him. He settles into the underbrush to watch their retreat so he can determine if they moved into the area where the group stood waiting for them. A slight smile comes to his face when he hears the groups shouts as the deer are flushed into their midst. After a few moments have passed he moves slowly in their direction, staying in the shadow of trees, listening and watching for signs of movement as he goes.

I assume this was meant for the game thread?

Return to “The Elf Campaign”