Group discussions, planning and strategies.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Group discussions, planning and strategies.

#41 Post by Spearmint »

The shrine is in the form an angel figure with spread wings. The marbled is cracked and defaced, one chunk of wing in broken pieces on the floor. Interestingly the weapon soikes gave the residue of marble dust on them. 

The Iberians tend to worship through prayers to saints or divine figures. So an angel depiction or perhaps a saint with wings is not uncommon. The stained glass window shows a swan in reeds mosaic. Several hymn books and religious calendars are scattered about. Most damp with mold and torn but you can find a fair condition one amongst the tomes.
This was the description of the shrine room in the stern hallway. The books are normal devotional items.

The vellum, actually Zoggrot mentioned he was suddenly very hungry and discreetly ate the vellum from the portrait.

The gold tooth has been examined. Detect Magic showed the rune etched in it had a charm or persuasive aura about it. Anyone in need of a dental implant (sorry Goldie already gas a full set), could bite on it. (What would Ruby from Lock, Stock and Barrel give Rexlin for it?).

Toad room papers, three spell scrolls and lots of neat or bizarre artistic drawings. Ships manifest, cargo notes, quatermasters store notes and cooks cannibal menu are other ordinary papers collected.

Parchment of skin: reputedly made from human skin. Crew slit palms and imprinted bloody hands on it. A comment from Cuadrado was it wrapped itself around the Captain afterwards like swaddling clothes. Captains body is hanging from mast again but previously his skeleton showed no sign of a parchment or bandages wrapped around him.Chief inferred that his people are withheld from entering their heavens which assumes the skin parchment somehow binds them also

Hope that fills any gaps.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by shaidar »

So, what happened to the skin of the captain is a good question. We should double check the coat that Alderhay took from him (or maybe it's the cloak seen in the study?). The birds reacted to Alderhay returning to the ship, was that the bell or the coat. The coat wasn't magical, but would this kind of curse/deal radiate magic?

Alderhay might get a tooth pulled on purpose :-)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Spearmint »

The 'floating cloak' from the toad / scribing hand room is presently being worn by Zoggrot. It is a rather fine fur lined cloak, styled like a monks habit and gas a rip in the back from Goldie back stabbing it. It has no magical radiance or bloody handprints or human skin lining.

The coat Alderhay wears is styled like a 'Duck Dastardly' trench coat with a long tailed designer wear cut. Clod referred to Alderhay saying "Are you the new captain since you wear De La Vega's coat." Your Detect Magic spell did not find an aura about it. The zombie was 'called to duty' by the bell ringer who just happened to also be wearing the coat.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by shaidar »

perhaps we'll find the missing skin downstairs, as we've found no evidence if it so far.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Zhym »

I figure the Law of RPG Plot applies: we aren't going to find the skins until we've defeated whatever is in the lower deck. OTOH, the best loot is probably in the lower deck, too.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#46 Post by Hotgoblin »

Iggway will take care of the Chief ...(I don't think we need to worry about him right now, he's not going anywhere!) ;)
She would not walk away from this ship without trying to free these souls, her alignment is Neutral, but what happened to these people was Unnatural.

She does have healing potions to use and turn undead, but that's it folks.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Spearmint »

Iggway has 2/3rd's of the extra healing potion left and Pocc has a full 3/3 potion bottle I didn't account for.

If you want to use them now before exploring further please nominate who drinks and roll for hp gained. I mentioned before that Ferrol and Stubble were the worst injured party.

I am just waiting on a post to clarify the next actions abd I will update the scene shortly.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok yeah I will use the potion at least 1/3 possibly 2/3 if i roll low on the first roll.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sig is only slightly injured and would prefer that the frontline guys be healed to as close to full as possible.

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc is good after a third of the potion. He's no frontliner but with his weapon choices i tend to forget that especially since he lost his spells earlier.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Spearmint »

Current status for Hit Points, AC and spell effects.

Siggard: 10/13hp ac 7/10/7
Zoggrot: 11/15hp ac 4/7/7
Rexlin: 10/20hp ac 5/5/5 (- navigation skills)
Iggway: 14/14hp ac 5/7/5
Pocc: 9/11hp ac 7/7/7
Szmodics: 12/20hp ac 6/6/6
Alderhay: 3/7hp ac 6/8/8 (+6 hp temporary, -1 dex ac 7/8/7).
Fenis: 10/10hp ac 10/10/10
Stubble: 4/10hp ac 8/8/8 (-1 wisdom effect, loss of 
navigation skills).
Ferrol: 2/5hp ac 5/7/5
Rene: 6/8hp ac 6/10/6
Geoffrey: 6/24hp ac 4/7/4
Old Plighty: 6/15hp ac 8/8/8 
Goldie: 7/12hp ac 8/8/8
Van de Poel: 14/16hp ac 7/7/7
Fishy: 4/16hp ac 8/8/8 (- navigation skills)

I have meticulously gone through the forum and added or subtracted damage and healing and have come out with the above figures for the current state if play. Okay a couple of errors, Ferrol got zapped by the morningstar which should have made him unconscious and I have reapplied those eating 1hp restorative fungal sprouts to aid the most wounded. Update character sheets (Rexlin) as necessary.

I think that Pocc has 2/3rd's of an extra healing potion available which will do [1d8] healing per slurp.

The three fiery red potions found by Ferrol and tasted by Rexlin maybe ... hint ... potions of Heroism, a fighter class only quaff but it offers enhanced martial prowess and temporary hp.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Zhym »

Zoggrot would gratefully take a swig of the extra healing potion, but Rexlin and Szmodics probably need it more.

Or give both swigs and the potion of Heroism to Geoffrey and let him be the tank up front. :)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Spearmint »

DM analysis would be to use Pocc's potion if he uses it, to buff up Ferrol and Fishy or Geoff and use the potions which reputedly give temporary hp. (3d10+1) and a three level experience boost to Zoggrot, Rexlin and Stubble or Fenis (PC over npc). For Zoggrot it is a +4 to THAC0, (level 2 - 5), others +2. (3 -6 or 1 - 4).

Of course you can quit the ship now ... ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Zhym »

Oh, right. Three potions of heroism. Then, yes, having Zoggrot, Rexlin, and Stubble use the potions of heroism would make sense. We might even win the battle. :)

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Spearmint wrote:Current status for Hit Points, AC and spell effects.

Pocc: 10/11hp ac 7/7/7
Actually he's at 9/11 as i rolled 1d8+1 and you had corrected me on that so he would only have gotten back to 9 rather than 10 HP Kris. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Zhym »

Looking at the numbers, I think I'd have Geoffrey take the third potion of heroism and let Stubble take a healing drink and hang back. Geoffrey is 3rd level, right? At 24 max HP and AC 4, he's more equipped to take the lead than Stubble is at AC 8 and 10 max (although that max would increase with a potion of heroism, of course).

Unless we want the NPC vs. PC thing to be a deciding factor? Maybe we should buff the NPC and let him charge in first. Or is the idea to have him charge in first even without buffing? That'd be one way to take care of an abandoned PC. ;)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Leitz »

Zhym wrote:Looking at the numbers, I think I'd have Geoffrey take the third potion of heroism and let Stubble take a healing drink and hang back. Geoffrey is 3rd level, right? At 24 max HP and AC 4, he's more equipped to take the lead than Stubble is at AC 8 and 10 max (although that max would increase with a potion of heroism, of course).

Unless we want the NPC vs. PC thing to be a deciding factor? Maybe we should buff the NPC and let him charge in first. Or is the idea to have him charge in first even without buffing? That'd be one way to take care of an abandoned PC. ;)
I'm okay either way. Stubble's only advantage is the morning star, which does 2d4+1 when he hits. However, if a higher level person were up front and better suited, have at it! :)

Which door to? The Clod door or otherwise?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Spearmint »

The potion advances a fighter's prowess by 3 levels so adjust your THAC0 and gives 3d10+1temp hp. So Geoff would have that plus 6. His character sheet is still owned by Onlyme so I cannot adjust it and have a seperate file in my notes to keep stuff up to date. Geoff has 6hp.currently

The preference for PC over npc is purely DM preference, I will go with however you direct.

Anyone drinking a potion please roll [3d10+1].

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Zhym »

Well, if Geoffrey is willing to charge in ahead either way... ;)

(I've added a temp HP roll to my post.)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Zhym »

As a reminder, here is what Zoggrot heard and smelled at the prow cabin:
Spearmint wrote:Checking out the prow door, he listens intently. Beyond you hear a strange sound, like gurgling or slurping. It is accompanied by a smell so ghastly it would give ghasts nausea.
That looks like the bigger threat to me, so let's take it on while we're buffed and reasonably fresh.

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”