Group discussions, planning and strategies.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Group discussions, planning and strategies.

#21 Post by Zhym »

I'm with you up to the part about summoning a demon. I don't see anything to suggest that the captain was a wizard or had any way to summon a demon.

My guess is simpler: the chief put the curse on the ship, the crew turned to drinking seawater and cannibalism, and by turning to cannibalism transformed into ghouls.

But I haven't read through the game thread carefully.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

It was Clod that told us the story of the captain, perhaps he was mistaken. Although he did repent his sins and only ended up zombie thing rather than a ghoul, so there is something there.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#23 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I thought there was evidence of wizardry or clerical spell casting going on. What was with the writing desk and the scribing severed hand? And that weird toad? What was that all about? Familiar maybe? Did Pocc see the toad? Maybe he can speak with it?

Are we missing something with the "captain called all hands on deck" comment? Do these severed hands have something to do with all of this?

I am for speaking with the chief. Hopefully he can sort some of this out for us.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

The toad was with the cloak and hands that Zoggrox and ... Rexlin? ... found. I think it was writing clerical scrolls. Or did I get my scenes confused?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I don't think Pocc was in the same place as the toad wasn't that when he was examining and harvesting the algae that had healing properties?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

We might see it again when we finish off the lower rooms.

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright well if thats the case Pocc can try talking to it or whatever. Heck he already has a ettin snake as a "friend" could add a toad as well i guess.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Stirling »

As far as Szmodics is concerned he will tag along with the group and help out with blade and brains as much as he can, but since you guys have been on the ship from the beginning it would be unfair to have him cast a vote on actions I think, but he would be keen to gather more treasure and fight some undead if needed. Not sure about a devil though.

He will help read through scrolls, parchments, cookbooks(!), anything that might contain more information on the situation.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Spearmint »

While the few gather to conduct the seance with the chiefs spirit the rest of you can pool resources for study. You do not find any parchments of skin among the gathered notes, books and scrolls however.

Szmodics, you could disassemble the ships wheel to take away in the jolly boat but you will need to either unbolt it or saw or axe through the stand fixed to the floor. It may take a while but is not impossible.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Zhym »

How about we do another thorough search of the captain's quarters? Probably fruitless—the scrolls are probably below decks with the rest of the undead clue. But at least we can make sure.

Then we either go fight the undead, or decide to say bugger it and leave with the loot we have.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Leitz »

Zhym wrote:How about we do another thorough search of the captain's quarters? Probably fruitless—the scrolls are probably below decks with the rest of the undead clue. But at least we can make sure.

Then we either go fight the undead, or decide to say bugger it and leave with the loot we have.
Good idea. I assume someone mentions it; Stubble will join in.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Stirling »

I was reading through all the story which I guess is told to me IC by someone. I read Spearmint had asked about hit points and by my reckoning all the spell casters bar Ferrol were affected by the Obilivax so we have zero 'Cure light wounds' but I think Iggway only used 1/3rd of her healing potion on Old Plighty, so that is the only source left that we know about. Who is injured most? Ferrol and Stubble I think have minimal amounts. Szmodics is in double figures hp.

Might be good to buff us up before we go below or try to bypass warded areas?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Leitz »

Stirling wrote:I was reading through all the story which I guess is told to me IC by someone. I read Spearmint had asked about hit points and by my reckoning all the spell casters bar Ferrol were affected by the Obilivax so we have zero 'Cure light wounds' but I think Iggway only used 1/3rd of her healing potion on Old Plighty, so that is the only source left that we know about. Who is injured most? Ferrol and Stubble I think have minimal amounts. Szmodics is in double figures hp.

Might be good to buff us up before we go below or try to bypass warded areas?
Stubble wouldn't argue at all. :)

I need to post for him in a bit, anyway. Thanks!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#34 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sig is ok health wise, but he is completely out of spells.

I hope its ok if he stays near the back from now on. :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc other than the memory loss, and confusion on some of the unfamiliar faces. Is in bad shape only 3 HP remaining on him, unless i missed being healed. His remaining spells are not very much use in combat save for Entangle if i will even be of us inside the ship. So he'd be a way back guy forced to resort to using his sling rather than his sword.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Spearmint »

Pocc lost all his memorized spells to the Obliviax which in fact cast the Entangle spell on those descending the staircase. Roger snake-head lost all his mage spells and Gaston snake-head already cast Augury at the start of the exploration and Remove Fear upon Pocc. Siggard can still cast read magic, it is his only spell left and Ferrol can cast all his daily spells.

But the group are still armed with other offensive and defensive items including potions and scrolls so you are not without arcane protection or augmentation. Plus several of you carry enhanced weaponry and some of you are just killers with guns. What can possibly go wrong? :)

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Spearmint wrote:Pocc lost all his memorized spells to the Obliviax which in fact cast the Entangle spell on those descending the staircase. Roger snake-head lost all his mage spells and Gaston snake-head already cast Augury at the start of the exploration and Remove Fear upon Pocc.
Well shoot why'd you have to remind me of that lol now i need to update my sheet again. But no honestly thanks for reminding me.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Monsieur Rose »

That's true, Ferrol can cast detect magic. Do we have a plan or idea where that would be best served?
His other spells are command and shield.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ok. After a re-read of the events, I'm going to lay out some options.

First, the maps: viewtopic.php?f=417&t=8159&start=320#p423593 All decks
viewtopic.php?f=417&t=8169#p416100 Middle deck

We've gone through the upper decks and the middle deck. The stairs to the lower deck are where the moss disrupted everything. I believe there is a closet down there, as well as the bilge.
On the middle deck is that jail cell with the markings on the floor that caused problems for those who saw it.
The ladder between rooms 5 and 10 has that odd chain with hammers on it.

Reading through the booty found, Stubble found the ship's log, Rexlin found a bunch of papers in the toad's room, and Zoggrot found a vial with a piece of vellum in it. I looked through my private pages and found that Ferrol has a hymnbook he found in the cleric's room. I don't think either the hymnbook or the vellum have been examined. Has everyone double-checked their private forum for anything they may have forgotten?

It looks like we have the chain on the ladder, the strange markings on the cell floor, and the room(s) on the lower deck. Plus the book, vellum, and anything else that may have been forgotten. And that gold tooth. Did I miss anything?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Leitz »

Stubble isn't hiding anything, he'll point out what he knows and found as the discussion goes along.

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”