Action Thread 5

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 5

#201 Post by ToniXX »

dmw71 wrote:To Bodgett: "You up fer scoutin' down dat passage?" she says, motion to the east with her head.
Blodgett moves alongside Elwita and says aye, let's do this! He readies himself, sword drawn, and cautiously makes his way down the hallway.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by max_vale »

Ogre moves up behind the brave dwarf lady; ready for action...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#203 Post by Alethan »

Freda readies her bow and stands behind Elwita, ready to move forward.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by tkrexx »

Have a care, Phanstern offers as his companions enter the passage. As always, he will try to hold the lantern in the best possible position so those in front can see before them.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#205 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen also takes his place on the marching order. Eager to proceed and take doom and death to the vile slavers.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 6:45am

I think I've got a pretty good map going now, right here: viewtopic.php?p=13765#p13765 it should give you all a pretty good idea of where you are, as always though let me know if there are any questions.

You are at the intersection of the two hallways just north of Sticky's room. By the light of Phanstern's lantern you can see much, both halls are 5' wide, allowing for only single file (if you want to remain combat ready) Marching Orders. To the north the hallway goes at least 70 or 80 feet before you can see no further in the darkness. To the east the hallway goes 40' and turns southward. There's a door on the south wall of the hall about 6 or 7 feet in, and you can make out another door just after the turn. The hallway then gets lost to your view as it continues south.

Blodgett heads down the east passageway alone. Elwita, Eljayess and Freda, Ogre, and Phanstern are all squished out in the hallway while Delgath and Kayen are still in the room (waiting for the others to move) with the freed slave and his short sword behind them.

PM sent and I wanted to be sure to get you all on the same page... er map. ;)

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 34/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 11/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: cross bow (war hammer), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield; Bert: short sword
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Eljayess, Freda, Ogre, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Bert,
Karraway

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hours, 40 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 42 minutes), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by tkrexx »

Have a wary eye, Phanstern whispers to the slave. If there is trouble, best keep with me. I'm good at staying out of the way.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#208 Post by dmw71 »

Elwita remains on high-alert while awaiting Blodgett's return. She watches down the side hallway, but occasionally casts her eyes down continued passage to the north.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#209 Post by Vargr1105 »

As soon as Kayen can perceive the layout from his position on the room, or after someone describes it to him he says:

"Should we check what lies behind door number one, door number two, or proceed down the hallway? As always I favor leaving naught unchecked behind our backs."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#211 Post by dmw71 »

"Let us wait to see what Blodgett has to say first."
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#212 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett returns, and whispers to those closest to him At the end of the eastern passageway, the corridor turns south, with stairs leading down into darkness. On my return, I listened at both doors and heard nothing. I say I should scout the northern corridor and see what lies there. With that he moves north into the darkness.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#213 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:Blodgett returns, and whispers to those closest to him At the end of the eastern passageway, the corridor turns south, with stairs leading down into darkness. On my return, I listened at both doors and heard nothing. I say I should scout the northern corridor and see what lies there. With that he moves north into the darkness.
Elwita will continue to hold the group at bay. "Better safe than sorry in this place." she says quietly.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#214 Post by Alethan »

Freda remains safe... and ready with her bow, an arrow set to the string.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern fights down the urge to bite his nails.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by max_vale »

Ogre shifts impatiently and scratches himself and shifts his shoulders with the weight of his armor and shield. He grumbles a bit under his breath....literally itching to get on with smashing these slaver bastards; but trusting that those smarter than himself...which was pretty much the rest of the party.....knew what they were doing.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#217 Post by ToniXX »

Finally you see Blodgett return from down the northern hallway. He reports the following: This hallway is about 95 feet long, then turns to the left and goes maybe another 20 feet. After the turn, there are two sets of double doors, one on the north, and one opposite. The northern ones look weak and are made of the same wood as the double doors we saw in the stables. It looks like it was added to the building later. And from under those doors I saw flickering light and movement. The doors to the south are older and sturdy, definitely belonging to the temple. I saw nor heard nothing from under them.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#218 Post by Nuke66 »

"Ahhh, then go east? Open that door? Leave naught behind us?" Eljay blurts out.

(I think I got our location right.)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#219 Post by Alethan »

Nuke66 wrote:"Ahhh, then go east? Open that door? Leave naught behind us?" Eljay blurts out.

(I think I got our location right.)
"I agree with Eljay...", Freda murmurs.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by tkrexx »

Safer leaving naught behind, Phanstern agrees.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”