Action Thread 5

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action Thread 5

#161 Post by Vargr1105 »

tkrexx wrote:Phanstern sidles up to Kayen, never taking his eyes off the goo-monster in the room. Elves speak Orcish, is that correct? If needs be, I may at some time ask you to, um, translate for me. Speaking to the group: Do we make a chain, or simply all fill our pails and goosh the sticky thing?
"No my friend." Kayen answers the illusionist, "It is not a trait of elves to the speak the foul language of orcs. Some of us are proficient with it, having learnt it out of the advantage it may give us in fighting our enemies...which is my case. I will gladly translate for you should you need it."

Then he turns to the other magician in the party, "Dredd, I'll a-go and see if all is well up the stairs."

Handing his shield to Phanstern with a "Here, hold me this till I return." Kayen sheats his sword, gets his longbow out with nocked arrow and proceeds up the stairs.

Occ: Dredd Delgath's picture on the PC thread is no longer showing.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#162 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Freda grabs a bucket, fills it with sour wine from the barrel and pours it right in the middle of sticky.
Elwita follows suit, dousing the sticky creature with the putrid wine.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 6:30am

Kayen, after chatting with Phanstern and Dredd, nocks an arrow and heads through the room and up the stairs, stopping just past the sour wine alcove. Leaving Phanstern on the north side of the room with their freed-slave companion, Kayen's shield, and Phanstern's lantern. All’s still quiet, and he gives the all-clear.

Dredd (with his torch and bucket), Freda, and Elwita all fill their buckets from the barrels. Nodding at Kayen they head down to dump their buckets on Sticky. It’s pretty interesting to watch what happens, at least for the men of learning, for the men, and women, of action it feels painfully slow. But the ends of the tendrils, where the sticky parts are, as well as the base of the plant start to melt away. The sour wine is dissolving the sticky goo of the plant. And it seems that Sticky isn’t so rooted to the floor as it appeared when you left it. It becomes rather tippily, as the mass of goo at its base starts to dissolve away. The flies buzz angrily, but ineffectually and the sweet smell starts to mellow a bit.

There are safe spots to touch sticky now, but likely another three buckets will ensure he is stick free, and should melt the base of the plant from its solid position on the floor.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 34/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 11/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: cross bow (war hammer), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield; Bert: short sword
MO: Elwita, Eljayess, Freda, Ogre, Blodgett, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Bert,
Karraway

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hours, 42 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 51 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#164 Post by Alethan »

Freda continues until Sticky is not sticky any longer. Once he is movable, she moves him to an unoccupied corner of the room using one of the shovels to push him (with help, if necessary).
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#165 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Freda continues until Sticky is not sticky any longer
As will Elwita.
-- Project --
-- DM --

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by max_vale »

Ogre strolls over, sheathing his sword and with a grunt; he puts his considerable strength into helping move 'sticky'.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#167 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett pours his bucket on the sticky creature as well. He watches with amazement as it dissolves before his eyes.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will bring the lantern closer to the spot Sticky has been removed from.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#169 Post by saalaria »

Dredd approaches alongside his learned friend.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#170 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay waits for the wine to be applied before using the rake to scrape through the remains.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 6:35am

Working together you are all quickly able to de-sticky Sticky. Then as various shovels and Eljay's rake are applied, Ogre gives a big shove, toppling Sticky over. Apparently it was the glue-like substance really holding this plant to the ground. There are some viney roots which have penetrated the crumbling stone floor, but Ogre either yanks them out of the ground, or snaps them, with his shove.

As Phanstern with his lantern, and Delgath with his torch draw near, everyone sees Sticky's treasure. There's a scattered pile of gold pieces, three gems, a ring and a weird necklace with two beads on it.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 34/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 11/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: cross bow (war hammer), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield; Bert: short sword
MO: Elwita, Eljayess, Freda, Ogre, Blodgett, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Bert,
Karraway

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hours, 42 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 51 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#172 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess can't help herself as she reaches down to snatch up the strange necklace. Holding it out in front of her, she inspects it. "Strand of Prayer Beads, this will sure come in handy" Walking it over to Freda, "Let me dip this in more wine, it's still sticky."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by tkrexx »

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#174 Post by Alethan »

"Prayer beads? Are you sure? I've heard of magicians with necklaces like that which can blow up a building just by throwing one of those beads at it," Freda replies, taking two steps back as Eljay approaches.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#175 Post by saalaria »

Dredd picks up the ring - examines it thoroughly inside and out for protusions and inscriptions then passes it to Phan for a second opinion

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#176 Post by Vargr1105 »

"I knew I should have readied an enchantment to discern sorcerous items before setting out on this mission." laments Kayen looking at the items, "Oh well, too late for remorse now."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#177 Post by Alethan »

The sparkle of the gems is mesmerizing to Freda. She hardly realizes what she's doing when she bends down to pick them up and examine them more closely.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#178 Post by dmw71 »

"Bah." Elwita scoffs. "Just grab da grub and let's git movin'."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#179 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Indeed." agrees Kayen, "Let us return to where we were before we rescued the enslaved gentlemen."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#180 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett helps to collect up the loot, and stuffs his pockets with as much of the gold he can carry. He then prepares to return to the stables area.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”