OCC Thread

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OCC Thread

#881 Post by Grognardsw »

I hope to go to Garycon someday, but money, work and family conspire against it. I make due with my local TotalCon which has a respectable OSR track.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#883 Post by onlyme »

I have to admit, I have never thought about going to one. I like the pbp style better now, as I can take more time to think, and less to screw up decisions...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#884 Post by ragnboneshopper »

We had a pretty solid OSR track at Marmalade Dog in Kalamazoo in February. I ran two games there and seems like I haven't been able to catch up with anything since! That and money, or I'd sure like to be at GaryCon. I've heard good good things...

So anyway, funny that you guys posted here as I was hoping to get an update posted for you tonight. Working on it now... :mrgreen:

EDIT: Put up a poll regarding this campaign's future. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4107.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#885 Post by ChubbyPixie »

GaryCon update.

I was only able to be there there yesterday for a few hours and didn't have time to get into any 1e games, but I managed to play a game of Dungeon!® on its 40th anniversary. Dave Megarry, the guy who invented it was there with his original board prototype. Super nice guy. Plus, at one point we were missing a treasure card from the set we were using, so he gave me a spare one to use that had been handwritten by, yes, Gary Gygax. So that was surreal. Good times. I highly recommend it.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#886 Post by saalaria »

Sounds cool chubby. Couldn't you game due to lack of time or lack of slots? Or both maybe!?

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#887 Post by ChubbyPixie »

I only had part of one day there before I had to drive back. It was either a random 1e game or meet the guy who designed Dungeon - I thought maybe ultimately that would prove a better memory. And would be more impressive to my girls. :)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#888 Post by Grognardsw »

Dungeon is a good gateway to RPG, my kids enjoy it. You have a picture of the prototype by any chance?

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#889 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Grognardsw wrote:Dungeon is a good gateway to RPG, my kids enjoy it. You have a picture of the prototype by any chance?
Attachments
Not a very good picture, as it turns out. That's David Mcgarry holding the prototype.
Not a very good picture, as it turns out. That's David Mcgarry holding the prototype.
image.jpg (460.12 KiB) Viewed 1303 times

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#890 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Hi guys. And damn.

First, awesome GaryCon update! Haven't heard a single bad thing.

So I did that poll thing and here it is a month later. I really appreciate everything that you all said and your candid ideas there. I totally agree with you at every point. Especially, you're all great to game with.

Here's the rub. The house hunting has begun. I've already lapsed a month, got hammered with work deadlines, and I'd be lying if I said I thought it won't continue to be hard for me to post regularly. My schedule just isn't giving me the chunks of time I need to keep up with DMing this game, and it's not fair to say anything different.

Now, there's a couple cool things involved with wrapping up this tower. I'll get a post up for that. The campaign could easily wrap up, no prob, at that point. Another idea is that I could hand the DM reins to someone else, one of you all. There's not that much left in the module, and you wouldn't have to follow it. I'm cool with handing over my notes for what things are in play, and I could probably keep up with playing a lot better than with DMing right now.

Let me know if anyone wants to take over. I'll post an update tomorrow hopefully. And then we'll see.

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#891 Post by Sir Clarence »

It's all cool with me. I'm also fine if we wrap things up in case nobody wants to take the DM chair as I've somewhat lost touch to this game over the past months.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#892 Post by onlyme »

I completely understand. My wife has been trying to sell our house, and it isnt even on the market...Maybe it is her way of tricking me into actually working on the honey-do list...
I know nothing about DMing, (other than walking my 2 sons through a pre-printed module) and feel I would suck at it too much for anyone to enjoy it.
So, I can live with whatever happens.
Thanks
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#893 Post by Sir Clarence »

Sir Clarence wrote:It's all cool with me. I'm also fine if we wrap things up in case nobody wants to take the DM chair as I've somewhat lost touch to this game over the past months.
That being said, I want to add that you did a mighty fine job as DM here. It was a pleasure to game with you.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#894 Post by saalaria »

I agree with Clarence - whatever you decide is fine with me. I too have enjoyed your DMing and I appreciate you picking up from Varg.
I think I am in the same boat as you with regard to RL/DMing - I just don't have the time for the prep. So playing is all I can commit to for now.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#895 Post by Grognardsw »

Thanks Chubby for putting up that Dungeon picture. It's neat to compare the prototype board to the production version.

Rags, good luck with the house search. This has been an enjoyable game!

Though it is tempting to DM, I'm at capacity myself. That said, if there are any players who still have an itch to play they are welcome to join my Keep on the Borderlands campaign using their characters from here.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#896 Post by saalaria »

Ooh ooh, now that is tempting Bill - very tempting!

Okay I'm convinced - sign me up pls! I have kept up with KotB so I know where they are currently

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#897 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Cool beans, everyone. I've also enjoyed. I hope to DM a pbp again sometime when things settle down, and of course you're all welcome at my gaming table anytime, virtual or otherwise!

Last post coming... (sniff, sniff) 8-)

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#898 Post by ragnboneshopper »

saalaria wrote:Ooh ooh, now that is tempting Bill - very tempting!

Okay I'm convinced - sign me up pls! I have kept up with KotB so I know where they are currently
Yes it is! But no, can't do it right now. But man!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#899 Post by Vargr1105 »

ragnboneshopper wrote:This is the last post by the DM in this campaign, which now draws to its close. Each player may describe their character's choice and final intentions. Hope you all enjoyed! Thanks for playing! You're all the best! :D
Well I'll be...you guys actually finished the module and it has only been a couple of years. :)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#900 Post by ChubbyPixie »

ragnboneshopper wrote:Cool beans, everyone. I've also enjoyed. I hope to DM a pbp again sometime when things settle down, and of course you're all welcome at my gaming table anytime, virtual or otherwise!

Last post coming... (sniff, sniff) 8-)
Yes, thanks for taking over the reins - it has been a delight. Good times. I've enjoyed playing with you guys. I'll make my last post now... :( :)

Return to “UK5 Eye of the Serpent”