OCC Thread

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OCC Thread

#862 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Will try to update tomorrow guys. This week it's been impromptu after-hours plumbing and now leaky roof/ceiling repairs. :-p

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#863 Post by Sir Clarence »

Folks, don't forget that faerie fire gives you a +2 to hit bonus!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#864 Post by saalaria »

Oo oo - surely mine's a hit then! AC0 or something I believe...

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#865 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Oh yeah, faerie fire changed the whole dynamic of that fight. Well done! 8-)

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#866 Post by Majik »

From a character stand point Fairfax would want to hold on to (not keep, unless that is best for the party) the Khang items.
He would probably want to use them to prove the link between the evil mage and the evil cleric controlling his people.

Correct me if I am wrong about the items importance.
And of course, since they are also Dwavian... and maybe magical... they should be studied by the clerics and mages in the group first.
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#867 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Hey Majik, Fairfax is completely justified in wanting to use the Kharg items to prove a link between the sorcerer of the tower and Arn Flowmane. These weapons in addition to the unsent letter warning Flowmane about the "gray dwarves" is, Fairfax believes, more than adequate to make a case, though certainly he knows that his people might be slow to jump to outright rebellion without some prompting/leadership, and that some among the Kharg would even then not want to give up their positions of power and prestige as Flowmane's lackeys in the camp.

In any case, you should all feel free to make claims in-character on anything you think your character would want or has an interest in. This campaign has pretty much gone with first-claim in character gets the item. In the case of a challenging claim, which we've never had that I'm aware, we'd just have to hash it out here on the OOC thread. But also you might consider that just because a character has some interest in particular items from a story standpoint, that doesn't mean you can't share them around in a utilitarian way. A spear is usable by any number of you, as is a dagger.

Ok, now to those Gauntlets of Dexterity. Their effect on Ozborn is the following:

- Dex is raised by 1 to 19 (the limit in OSRIC, as far as I can tell; this really has no direct effect on Oz, but...)
- All thief skills are raised by +10%!
- And, because Oz's dex is now 19, certain thief skills are raised even more: Find Traps, Hide in Shadows, Move Silently, and and Open Locks all go up by another +5%; Pick Pockets goes up by another +10%!

So that's not an altogether bad deal for a thief (especially when all the loot/magic in this tower has been rolled randomly)... 8-)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#868 Post by onlyme »

ragnboneshopper wrote:

So that's not an altogether bad deal for a thief (especially when all the loot/magic in this tower has been rolled randomly)... 8-)

Wait, there's loot in this tower? Maybe Malone isnt in as big a hurry as he was...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#869 Post by ragnboneshopper »

onlyme wrote:
ragnboneshopper wrote:

Wait, there's loot in this tower? Maybe Malone isnt in as big a hurry as he was...
Haha, you're right, not much loot... so far... :twisted:

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#870 Post by ChubbyPixie »

ragnboneshopper wrote:Ok, now to those Gauntlets of Dexterity. Their effect on Ozborn is the following:

- Dex is raised by 1 to 19 (the limit in OSRIC, as far as I can tell; this really has no direct effect on Oz, but...)
- All thief skills are raised by +10%!
- And, because Oz's dex is now 19, certain thief skills are raised even more: Find Traps, Hide in Shadows, Move Silently, and and Open Locks all go up by another +5%; Pick Pockets goes up by another +10%!

I was half expecting them to be cursed (Gloves of Poof You're a Frog Woman) so this worked out well!

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#871 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Well, give Thurinor and Stonjuz a couple months in this tower and they can probably figure out how to turn Oz into a frog-something. Frog-woman, maybe not... ;)

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#872 Post by Sir Clarence »

Andrin doesn't have a particular spell in mind at this point as he doesn't know what will happen next. He just wants to have his bag of components ready.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#873 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Btw, DM, I've updated my thieving skills on my character sheet. If we meet anyone who needs pick-pocketing I'm all over it. Party members, watch your pockets. ;)

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#874 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Noted, Sir Clarence. And noted, Chubby... :lol:

Not even gonna try to explain. This that and the other thing, and now a blizzard that you've probably all heard about. 8-)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#875 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Hey fellows. I will be out of town this weekend (till Sunday night) in an area that may or may not have a signal. Since we're in the middle of this sorcerer lady scuffle, I don't want to hold things up if I can't post. If Oz needs to act in my absence, he'll first try to sneak around behind and grapple as I stated in my last post. If she sees him coming, he'll try to rush her and grapple her head on. If he fails to grapple and takes damage, he'll attack normally. If he gets hit with a giant bolt of magical energy, he'll catch fire and expire...

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#876 Post by ragnboneshopper »

No prob, Chubby. My gaming time this week has been allotted to prepping for a couple of games for a con happening here in kalamazoo, michigan. My daughter is starting high school next year. The usual extracurriculars. I should have just let you all know that I'd be awol all week. I just haven't had the spare chunk of time I need to do justice to what you guys have posted, which is really excellent. So now I'll just wait until Sunday night before I post an update. Have a good trip!

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#877 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Sorry guys, got caught up with the day-to-day again. Won't be tonight but should have an update for you tomorrow. I haven't forgotten!

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#878 Post by ragnboneshopper »

And again, haven't forgotten. Just have been slammed with stuff from every direction. Hopefully yet today I'll post an update...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#879 Post by onlyme »

No worries...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Return to “UK5 Eye of the Serpent”