OCC Thread

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OCC Thread

#821 Post by ragnboneshopper »

I let my kids tell me what to carve into the pumpkin we get each year. This year it was triangle eyes turned on their sides so they pointed off in one direction, two little holes for a pig nose, and a gaping mouth with no teeth, looking like it was howling. The crazy squirrels here ate the mouth out even more by halloween night, which made it look kind of ragged and really spooky. Never had squirrels eat my halloween pumpkin before living here, but we have some strange squirrels. :lol:

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#822 Post by Majik »

or tasty pumpkins. :)
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#823 Post by Majik »

So... now with Farifax in the group, wha'S the marching order? Fairfax will take whatever position, but I assume there is a fightrer in the back to watch for sneak attacks?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#824 Post by Grognardsw »

I vote for going in the tower by a window. The magic rope can be handy there. Maybe we can try the crystal on the sorcerer if we find him.

Rags, was Thurinor able to bottle up some of that acid?

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#825 Post by Sir Clarence »

Grognardsw wrote:I vote for going in the tower by a window. The magic rope can be handy there. Maybe we can try the crystal on the sorcerer if we find him.
Agreed.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#826 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Grognardsw wrote:I vote for going in the tower by a window. The magic rope can be handy there. Maybe we can try the crystal on the sorcerer if we find him.

Rags, was Thurinor able to bottle up some of that acid?

Definitely, you've got three makeshift bottles of acid. I'll treat them like flasks of oil that break on impact and have the chance to do 1d6 damage on a hit. Obviously there are non-combat uses as well.

And through the window using the magic rope is absolutely feasible. There are places the rope could tie itself around. Then it's a matter of getting through the window, which looks to be a casement window, many-paned (hard to break through, swings open like a door, may or may not be latched from within).

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#827 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Majik wrote:So... now with Farifax in the group, wha'S the marching order? Fairfax will take whatever position, but I assume there is a fightrer in the back to watch for sneak attacks?
Here's the current single-file marching order. You want Fairfax toward the rear, Majik?

[SW]
[A]
[OG]
[M]
[ST]
[T]
[OZ]

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#828 Post by Majik »

Going through the window sounds like a good plan.

As for Fairfax... he is not quite, metal armour and the grace of a fighter (and all that).
So mid to back of the pack might be best... of course he can take turns in the front from time to time.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#829 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Majik wrote:Going through the window sounds like a good plan.

As for Fairfax... he is not quite, metal armour and the grace of a fighter (and all that).
So mid to back of the pack might be best... of course he can take turns in the front from time to time.
Ok, how does the following look? (And btw, I'm moving this to the Party Status page, which makes good sense to me. I'll likely delete the Marching Order page.)

Marching Order - 5’ Wide Corridor/Passage

[SW]
[A]
[OG]
[M]
[ST]
[F]
[T]
[OZ]

Marching Order - 10’ Wide Corridor/Passage

[SW]/[M]
[OZ]/[A]
[ST]/[F]
[OG]/[T]

Marching Order - Outdoors/Open Space

.........[OG] [SW]
[M] [OZ] [F] [T] [ST] [A]

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#830 Post by onlyme »

works for me...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#831 Post by saalaria »

All good for me too..

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#832 Post by Majik »

Once more into the breach...

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#833 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Cool beans.

Btw, I forgot I should have awarded Ozborn some XP for finding the trap in the basement there by the acid vat. Take 60 XP there, Chubby! (I figure you saved six levels worth of your friends, x10 XP each)

About to update...

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#834 Post by Majik »

lucky! :)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#835 Post by ChubbyPixie »

ragnboneshopper wrote:Cool beans.

Btw, I forgot I should have awarded Ozborn some XP for finding the trap in the basement there by the acid vat. Take 60 XP there, Chubby! (I figure you saved six levels worth of your friends, x10 XP each)

About to update...
Schweet.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#836 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Hey guys, real quick, what would you like NPCs to do as you climb into the tower? Some things to note:

- Ogirdor is willing to climb up into the tower and doesn't mind going near the front. He's grim and determined to make sure that no more unnatural happenings occur in connection with this tower.
- Stonjuz is terribly eager to get into the tower. He's just not sure about climbing the rope and prefers to go up in the middle of the pack.
- "Froggy" the bullywug friend is clearly not going inside at this time. He's had enough after the basement. He's shaking visibly. You wouldn't be surprised if he eventually bolts, though you might be able to convince him to hang around.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#837 Post by Majik »

Fairfax just met everyone, so he has little to say.

I on the other hand suggest the NPC/party members stay out side as a reserve guard (coming to the rescue if needed), and keep the bullywug from running... errr, hopping away.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#838 Post by Grognardsw »

Let's get Ogirdor up and in. Thurinor would climb in with a fighter like him behind him.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#839 Post by saalaria »

I agree with Grog. Og is more useful inside. If you can try and open the door, it will be easier for the rest of us. Hopefully its just a handle on the other side!!

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#840 Post by ragnboneshopper »

As per custom I tried to assemble the majority view of things based on in-character actions and OOC comments. It seemed that most everyone wanted to wait outside or at least wait until others had gone inside first. Two were in favor of having Og go in with Thurinor, which is in Og's interests as a protector of nature, so that's the middle ground that I chose to go with.

As a party, you have seemed fairly evenly split on whether or not to even explore the tower further. Though perhaps some of that is just playing your characters' personalities, there seems to be a fair amount of resistance to messing with this tower any further. Might it be good to iron out exactly what you're trying to accomplish here in a broad sense, out of character, and make sure everyone is on board? If you're all ok, I'm ok, but I mention it just in case.

Remember that I'm running this campaign as a sandbox. You don't have to do everything, don't have to fight everything, don't have to solve anything you don't want to solve. There will undoubtedly be consequences based on whatever you choose to do (leave a mad sorcerer behind you, he might decide he wants to kill you; go into his tower to kill him, it may be tough; and so on), but the adventure will not at all break down if you choose to "go off the rails," so to speak.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday! :D

Return to “UK5 Eye of the Serpent”