Chapter 24 - The Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, part 1

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 24 - The Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, part 1

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Alright give me a minute to get me pack." the dwarf scoops up his pack and tosses his rope and grappling hook back in in haste and goes to stand near to Dieter. "Yah know I coulda just used me portable hole on the lower door right?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by tumblingdice »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Algrim "Alright give me a minute to get me pack." the dwarf scoops up his pack and tosses his rope and grappling hook back in in haste and goes to stand near to Dieter. "Yah know I coulda just used me portable hole on the lower door right?"
Oc: So many options. :)
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

You grab the next one, Algrim. Dieter will say with a wink and smile.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim replies back to Dieter "Very well then."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by greyarea »

Dieter's staff glows as the party rises directly up and to the ledge with the small, open doorway.

The armor of the "cave" is fashioned of strange metal, hard and shiny. Within the slightly curved armor wall protecting the cave is a man-made room about 18 feet deep and 20 feet wide. The room is dark, but there is enough light to see that it is formed completely of metal--the same sort as the outer wall.

Ahead are closed double doors of metal; each is 10 feet square. To the sides are two other doors, not so large. Adventure awaits...

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 40/40 < Cure Light Wounds x7,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
Dieter 42/42 < Magic Missile x 2, Otiluke's Smoky Sphere, Sleep, Auditory Illusion, Continual Light, Flaming Sphere, Stinking Cloud , Fireball, Monster Summoning I, Slow, Charm Monster, Evard's Black Tentacles, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, Monster Summoning III , Otiluke's Radiant Sphere, Teleport >

Ulster 62/62 < Animal Companion, Entangle x2, Faerie Fire, Pass Without Trace, Speak with Animals x2, Barkskin, Charm Person or Mammal, Cure Light Wounds, Heat Metal, Obscuring Mist, Stumble, Warp Wood, Call Lightning, Hold Animal, Insect Swarm, Plant Growth, Stone Shape, Protection from Electricity, Repel Vermin, Speak with Plants, Summon Animal I, Animal Growth, Summon Animal II, Wall of Fire, Conjure Fire Elemental, Control Weather, Transmute Metal to Wood >
Algrim 70/70

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by tumblingdice »

Castinus, human thief

Well, then, Algrim, let's see if this hole of yours is as good as you claim it to be.

Castinus will try to catch the eye of Grimes as he makes this off-color joke.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by badams30 »

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes winks at Castinus and shakes his head, then jumps through the opening, holding Wave at the ready, anticipating something bad right off the bat.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will move the party into the room and then cut the spell.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Zhym »

Ulster has barely opened his mouth to make a suggestion on how he could open the ground-level door when he is lifted to the open upper door. "Okay," he says. "This works."

Ulster's spell list is (finally) set, BTW.

GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Bah I take it back this place is obviously of lesser make, I can tell better now it was crafted by the hands of men." the dwarf sounds let down.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by greyarea »

OOC: Not much to show yet. Just large double doors ahead of you. There are smaller doors to the side that are insignificant enough to not show on the map.

Algrim at the front of the marching order, back, or middle?
Ulster at front, back or middle?
I'm assuming that everyone else is where they usually are (esp. Castinus who mentioned where he would be.)

Actions?

Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 40/40 < Cure Light Wounds x7,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
Dieter 42/42 < Magic Missile x 2, Otiluke's Smoky Sphere, Sleep, Auditory Illusion, Continual Light, Flaming Sphere, Stinking Cloud , Fireball, Monster Summoning I, Slow, Charm Monster, Evard's Black Tentacles, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, Monster Summoning III , Otiluke's Radiant Sphere, Teleport >
--Algrim 70/70

Ulster 62/62 < Animal Companion, Entangle x2, Faerie Fire, Pass Without Trace, Speak with Animals x2, Barkskin, Charm Person or Mammal, Cure Light Wounds, Heat Metal, Obscuring Mist, Stumble, Warp Wood, Call Lightning, Hold Animal, Insect Swarm, Plant Growth, Stone Shape, Protection from Electricity, Repel Vermin, Speak with Plants, Summon Animal I, Animal Growth, Summon Animal II, Wall of Fire, Conjure Fire Elemental, Control Weather, Transmute Metal to Wood >

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I think I am fine as a rear guard should anything strike the back of our march it's never a bad plan to have some muscle back there ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zhym »

Somewhere in the middle for Ulster, please.

"Small doors?" suggests Ulster.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will approach the double doors and take a look.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Zhym »

"Yeah, open 'em myself, I guess," says Ulster with a nod. He tries one of the side doors.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by greyarea »

Ulster tries one of the small side doors. The door is metal not unlike the wall itself and has a small handle and keyhole. Pulling on the door reveals that it is locked. The same is true for the one opposite.

Dieter examines the double doors. They are ten feet square and have no visible markings. Next to one of the doors is a square of black glass set in the wall with bits with dull colors. There are strange runes on the black glass of an unknown language.

Actions?

Grimes 69/69
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
--Algrim 70/70

Marching order (like it matters in this boxy room) is:
G Da
C F
U
D A

Cool?

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

march order is fine by me greyarea

Algrim digs out his portable hole and puts it on the door on the right, and peers through the hole. :?:

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by badams30 »

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes approaches the doors with Dieter, and he'll squint, peering at the black glass for a moment before tapping it lightly with one of his knuckles.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

Dieter watches Algrim intently.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by greyarea »

Algim's hole slides off the wall, ineffective. He knows that the portable hole worked before. Hmmm...

Grimes taps at the glass square. Nothing happens until he taps it with his knuckle. Then the screens appears to light up a dull blue color. There are runes of a type unfamiliar to the halfling (or indeed to any of you). After a moment or two, the glass darkens again.

Actions?

Grimes 69/69
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
--Algrim 70/70

Return to “Skull Mountain (LL/AEC)”