Quest #3 "Zombie Stomping"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Quest #3 "Zombie Stomping"

#101 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf gets back to his feet, already missing the fallen log he was using as a seat. Resuming his spot in the marching order, Brufrig will keep an eye out for any of the plants the druid mentioned.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

"That off shore island was rumoured to have man (and gnome) eating trees growing in it. Best be on the lookout for long creeping vines with fingers and shrubs with leafs or fronds like saws." Ferris takes a smoothing stone to edge the blade on his meat cleaver, just in case he needs to hack and slash anything entangling him.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"At least we're in the shade," says Chauncey. "Can you imagine this heat in full sunlight? Intolerable. There must be some sort of cooling magic to be discovered and mastered. At this rate, I'm beginning to consider making it my life's work..." He listens intently to Wesley's warnings and advice, glad to have the nature enthusiast along, then assumes his spot in the middle of the line as they set out.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#104 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Trail of Tearing
Mid Afternoon
Hot and Miserable

The group reluctantly sets out again, following the footprints through the thick jungle forest. The trail does not get any clearer for the heavily armed and armored crew and every step becomes a chore. Your water is nearly gone already, so the druid does a quick tutorial on which plants may produce the essential liquid. You find none. The only water you see is quickly leaking out of your pores.

Saracen studies the footfalls of his smaller comrades and his initial suspicions that the tracks are dwarf sized is confirmed.

Another two hours of slow misery goes by and the thought of setting up camp out here in this green layer of hell begins to creep into your minds. If the biting and stinging bugs are this bad during the day, will the simply eat you alive once nightfall arrives?

Suddenly the half-elf hears a low, guttural growling coming from up in the trees behind him. The group suddenly gets the feeling of being watched.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes alerts the rest of the party "There's up something in the trees behind us! Take cover!"

If he is able, Wes will dodge behind a tree. If there are none close enough, he will crouch under a heavy bush, with his spear set to receive a charge. Mindful of the encounter with the ape, he will, as much as he is able, scan the surrounding vegetation for an ambush.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen follows the Druid lead, getting cover behind a nearby tree. "what is it, can you tell? Something you can converse with perhaps, or befriend?"
Greys Campaign.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"I can try, maybe, once I know what it is. These jungle creatures seem more resistant. I might be better just trying to entangle it".

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#108 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Acting quickly, the druid turns to see a large and frightening looking animal up on a tree branch.
IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG (247.6 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris,

gawps at such a beautiful and majestic creature. Part of him wants to cuddle the beast and stroke its' silky black fur...another part wants to take the said 'silky black fur' and lie its skin before a scented winter log fire, upon the heath stone floor and wrap it seductively around some partially dressed, equally cuddly and equally strokable gnomess.

"sorry!", he whispers, though not sure if he is apologising to the beast or to his comrades, and pulls a trigger.

ferris crossbow [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 bolt damage [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#110 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The large cat looks to be about 200 pounds and the branch it is on is about 10 feet from the jungle floor.

Missile fire is certainly possible but only long handled weapons (spears, pole-arms, etc.) could be used to reach it on its current perch.

Since Ferris attacked immediately.....

Actions!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger melts into the underbrush.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Keeping the creature in full view, Chauncey calmly readies his spell components and prepares to deal with the situation by magical means, if necessary, though he is loathe to do so. "Can we frighten it away, perhaps? It is a mere animal. Perhaps if it sees we are no easy target it will be dissuaded from eviscerating us."
Im confused as to where it is, exactly. It's too far away for crossbow fire? Maybe I'm missing something.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Hearing Chauncey calling for a way to frighten the beast off without killing it gives Wes an idea. "Fire! We can try to scare it away with fire!"

Doing his best to keep the tree between him and the cat, Wes grabs a torch from the side of his pack and draws his tinderbox from his belt pouch. Working as fast as he can, he lights the torch and waves it at the big cat.
Obviously he's not going to jump right out in front of the cat to wave the torch :)

Scott308

#114 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Seeing Ferris fire at the large cat in the tree, Brufrig realizes it will likely be pouncing on one of the group very shortly. Moving closer in an attempt to have the beast jump on him instead of one of the members of the party who may be more vulnerable to the rending of claws and biting of fangs, he leads with his halberd.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#115 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Trail of Tearing
Mid Afternoon
Hot and Miserable

Hello Kitty
Round 1

Once Wes sees what type of creature is making the growling noises, the party flies into action. Saracen suggests that the druid try to speak with the beast while Chauncey suggests scaring it away. Wes keeps an eye on the majestic creature as he goes for one of his torches.

Ferris is a bit quicker to act. He fires a his loaded crossbow bolt into the belly of the beast somewhat apologetically. The creature lets out a pained yelp as it springs from its perch at the party.

Brufrig jostles his way towards the back of the group, hoping the animal will attack him instead of one of the unclad members of the party. He swings wildly at the black cat when it leaps over the heads of those at the back and middle of the ranks.

Seeing the smallest morsel of food melt away into the bush is just what the cat was waiting for. It leaps amazingly fast and with an unbelievable agility right at Lightfinger just as he is sneaking off. The beast has to use its front paws to land on the Halfling so it only attacks with its bite for now. The cats strong jaws chomp hard into the halflings shoulder, sinking in deeply. 4 dam It then tries to carry the thief off into the jungle to eat its new meal in peace.

Actions!

Wes is able to get his torch lit after several strikes due to his heavy sweating and the generally moist conditions.
With minimal movement, everyone is now in range for an attack on the panther.

Lightfinger 3/7
Brufrig Granitesunder 15/15
Ferris 7/7...... DM, RM, 1/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 7/10.....2/4 first
Saracen Solaris 7/12 ......0/3 first
Chauncey the Adequate 4/6...... CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen fires off two shots at the creatures back as it tries to run away with lightfinger.
[url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... macid=9982][1d20] = 3 : [1d6] = 6 : [1d20] = 1 : [1d6] = 3[/url
Greys Campaign.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger shrieks like a girl.

Assistance! Assistance!!

He tries to bring his dirk to bear...
If he's able: To hit: [1d20] = 11
Dmg: [1d6] = 1

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Jernau35 »

Realizing that it's too late to frighten the beast now, Wes drops the torch to the floor. He grabs his spear from it's resting place against the tree and lunges at the large cat.

Scott308

#119 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Unhand...mouth...that halfling! the dwarf shouts at the big cat, hoping to startle it into letting go of Lightfinger, even as he stabs at it with his halberd.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#120 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

sees the beautiful creature leap like a prodigious salmon through the air, (though admittedly not many salmon eject from tree tops),"Mind his coat, Brufrig, Mind his coat!" signals Ferris to the halberd swiping dwarf and ashamedly pointing at the creature. Rather than load his crossbow, he reaches into his pouch and wraps a sheepskin bit of fleece around his hands and mimes a writhing of a snake.

Ferris casts Phantasmal Force and from where he stands he gesticulates to create the image of a large (limited to 5 inches square) fanged cobra-like snakes head lunging from around Lightfingers' neck and striking into the eyes of the panther. He hopes the shock will cause the panther to release the tasty hobbit.

Return to “Completed Missions”