Chapter 23 - Bissel Again

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 23 - Bissel Again

#41 Post by badams30 »

Zhym wrote:As the party prepares to set back out again, Ulster turns to Merle, Haggard, and Moe. "Go on with your work. I will join these people and seek the metal fortress. Send me a bird with updates every half moon phase." He folds his hands and bows slightly to the trio. "May your misfortunes not outweigh your merriment." With that, he joins the party on its way to Bissel.

When the party reaches the sea, Ulster looks on curiously as Grimes speaks of talking to sea creatures. "You can speak with animals of the sea?" he asks. "You do not appear to be of the order. How do you do it?"

I didn't realize we were so close to the sea—so maybe Ulster would expect the party to be looking for a shipwreck in the sea!

Also, what is the "metal beast?"
Grimes smiles and laughs; "Oh no, I'm nothing too special. It's my trident. It's of Poseidon - it gives me some special abilities, a couple of which allow me to talk to creatures of the deep, and if needed, exert some control over them. I have just used it to chat with them though. Very practical. Poseidon has seen me through some patches and in turn I've dedicated myself to his cause."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

Smelling the sea air: Much better than a cave!

OCC: If they rest Dieter will re-memorize lightning bolt.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#43 Post by merias »

Dandy takes in the fresh air and sunset. "This might be a good place fer us to rest tonight."

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by tumblingdice »

"Thanks, Dandy," Castinus says after the healing, "and well met, Ulster. Mighty Grimes there came to Poseidon through me, truth be told. Dedicated himself to the god to save me from drowning. Owed my life to this fellow ever since. Of course, now it seems I owe it to Moradin. I owe a lot of people favors," he muses to himself.

The balmy sea breezes must be working wonders on Castinus' otherwise gloomy disposition.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by Craigers07 »

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk agrees with Castinus.

"I owe my life to many people too."

"Are we going to try to make it to town or should we rest here?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

If we can make it to town soon I say we press on.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by tumblingdice »

"Definitely town," Castinus says. "I need a bath. Grimes could use two baths, I wager."
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Zhym »

"You'd rather sleep in town than under a clear sky next to the sea?" asks Ulster. He shakes his head in apparent sadness, but there's a twinkle in his eye. "Guess it takes all kinds."

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by badams30 »

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes casts a disdainful glance at Castinus and says "Hey now! I'm not that smelly.... am I?"

He chortles and says "I say we go to town first. I've got a score to settle, and I need to find some better armor. Even the favorite son of Poseidon needs some protection, eh?"

OOC: Grimes says PRESS ON! He wants to give that half ogre at the tavern a HUGE tip, and a hearty FU to the big dudes who doubted us...

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by greyarea »

The sun sets and the beach gets chilly, but the party carries on. Fish in the area inform Grimes that there were some strange creatures after the Big Sleep when the Seas Froze but none are in the area now.

The moon rises, all but a sliver. A new moon will rise on the morrow it seems, but tonight there is naught but a thin slice. You walk for hours in the darkness, illuminated by only your own means. In the distance you see some lights, and it seems that Bissel is not far off.

The beach changes from sand to stones as you near the seaside gates of Bissel. The gates are closed and will likely be until the morning breaks in an hour or so. Outside of the gates you can see a dwarf clad in armor. He seems ill tempered (as dwarves are wont to be). You are exhausted. Walking through the night might have been a mistake after all.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 63/69
--Dandy 37/40 <Bless, Hold Person x2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead, Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious wounds x2, Raise dead >
Castinus 38/39
--Furuk 74/78
Dieter 40/42 < Magic Missile x 2, Otiluke's Smoky Sphere, Sleep, Auditory Illusion, Continual Light, Flaming Sphere, Stinking Cloud , Fireball, Monster Summoning I, Slow, Charm Monster, Evard's Black Tentacles, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, Monster Summoning III , Otiluke's Radiant Sphere, Teleport >
--Acquaire

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The dwarf stands before the group looking a lot like a sentry no smile just a stony stern look "Eh who goes there hey? What's this more ta try and enter I been here all hrasted night. But at least i see yah have the good taste ta have a Dwarf Cleric of Belenus, aint herd nothing but good things about them. So what are yah up ta eh?" he asks a bit gruffly probably just grouchy from sleeping out at the gates all damned night. "These folks appear to not be fast in opening the hrasted gates I'll tell yah been trying ta get in the hrasted place since yesterday. They don't give a stlarn that I got things ta tend to and people ta see."

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Zhym »

Ulster laughs. "Told you we should have slept under the stars!" he says. He curls up on a relatively flat spot of rocks. "Wake me when the gates open," he says.

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by merias »

Dandy smiles at the Dwarf's reference. "Dandy's the name, me 'n me companions are fresh off o' savin' the world from the deep freeze 'n lookin' fer a place ta rest," he says. "Who might you be, friend Dwarf?"

GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim smiles for the first time as Dandy greets him "Birth names Algrim, though some have called me other names yah can call me Al, Grim or Algrim I'll answer ta all three. Friend eh? I be thinkin since we be both dwarf in blood we be brothers. Place ta rest well we might find that within if they ever open the hrasted gates before highsun."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

Seeing Bissel Dieter relaxes a bit, looking over at his long term companions he smiles knowing that they have escaped fate one again. Observing the gates are closed he will approach anyway. Dandy, I might need your help knocking on the door, bring Grim, is it, with you. Grim, well met, I am Dieter, I am bushed and need a pillow. Do you know how long it's been since I have seen a pillow? He will say as he passes the two dwarfs conversing. Closing in on the gates Dieter will knock nicely at first and the ask Dandy to rap with his hammer if needed. Once answered: This intrepid group brought a end to the ice and created the thaw three days back, we request entry into the city to rest and recuperate from our perils. We are weary....

GreyWolfVT

#56 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Pillow eh? Long time I'm guessin'." the dwarf tries to answer the passing Dieter's question.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by badams30 »

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes nods at the gruff dwarf and says a quick hello. He follows Dieter and crew mumbling "Ask nicely? If they don't open those damn gates right NOW I'm going over them, and woe to anything on the other side. Save the world again and this is the thanks we get? I'm the right hand man of Poseidon, dammit... " He continues to mumble as the others try to knock at the doors. He stands ready to start his routine of crazy go nuts if we are denied entry...

GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Ah such spirit in that one." he comments on Grimes "A kin to us dwarven kind. Lets see what a group does fer gettin them gates open, better chances than just a lone dwarf." and off the dwarf goes to follow Grimes and Dieter to the gates.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by tumblingdice »

"Well met, Algrim," Castinus greets the dwarf distractedly, as he walks toward the gates, his eyes fixed on the wall. Taking a rope from his belt, he sets to work climbing the wall.

[1d100] = 11

GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim indicating Castinus climbing the wall "There be a brazen one eh? Climbin the wall an all. Now why didna I do that." shrugging he still follows the others to the gate.

Return to “Skull Mountain (LL/AEC)”