OOC chat

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC chat

#181 Post by GreyWolfVT »

eh I have too many to list.

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Zhym »

greyarea wrote:You are one ugly mother.... round 1

Initiative players [1d6] = 1, baddies [1d6] = 2

The creature throws his "egg" -- really a grenade! monster attack [1d20] = 1 derp! He is immediately caught in a cloud of gas, the grenade went off prematurely (darn ancient space weaponry). monster save vs poison (7) [1d20] = 2 Double derp! He collapses into a heap, snoring loudly.

. . .

Well, that didn't work well. Y'all can coup de gras him if you'd like, your spells, arrows, etc were not used as he took himself out of the fight.:)
Okay, that was hilarious. And now everyone in my office is probably wondering what I was laughing at.

GreyWolfVT

#183 Post by GreyWolfVT »

lol yeah one has to be careful i sometime catch myself laughing at something on here or saying out loud what i am typing on here. Getting odd looks from my co-workers i am sure.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#184 Post by Craigers07 »

Humble Bundle has The One Ring by Cubicle 7 bundled at >$1 for a few days and I bought it yesterday. This is a Middle-Earth system I've heard a lot of good things about and was planning on getting it anyway.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/lord ... -rpg-books

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Zhym »

If we want to kill everything, Ulster has an anti-plant shell that should do for the jungle level pretty well. But that leaves non-plant things untouched. Alas, Plague of Insects isn't nearly the Armageddon spell it is in AD&D1e, where it basically wipes anything within 360'.

Other ways Ulster can do major damage: Earthquake. Conjure a friendly fire elemental. Transmute Earth to Mud (sink the whole ship into the ground?). Probably others I'm not thinking of.

Alternately, if we can think of a way to seal everything inside here, we won't have to go on a major killing spree.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#186 Post by spanningtree »

I made some comments in the main thread. Let's see if we can do a scene from Alien, barring that Earthquake sounds good.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#187 Post by GreyWolfVT »

All of those listed Zhym are good enough to me so long as we can get the heck out before we bury the ship.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#188 Post by badams30 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:All of those listed Zhym are good enough to me so long as we can get the heck out before we bury the ship.
Yeah, any and all of the suggestions sound good... so long as we survive it.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Zhym »

Thinking about the option of sinking the whole thing into the ground: LL AEC says the AoE of Transmute Rock to Mud is 20' cubed per caster level. Does that mean (20^3 x caster level), or (20 x caster level)^3? If the former, Ulster can transmute 12 20x20 cubes per casting, and he can cast it three times given a day's notice. If the latter, he can transmute a 240'x240'x240' area of rock into mud.

He can sink it either way, I think—it's just a longer job under one interpretation.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#190 Post by badams30 »

Zhym wrote:Thinking about the option of sinking the whole thing into the ground: LL AEC says the AoE of Transmute Rock to Mud is 20' cubed per caster level. Does that mean (20^3 x caster level), or (20 x caster level)^3? If the former, Ulster can transmute 12 20x20 cubes per casting, and he can cast it three times given a day's notice. If the latter, he can transmute a 240'x240'x240' area of rock into mud.

He can sink it either way, I think—it's just a longer job under one interpretation.
THAT would be cool to watch....

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Zhym »

OTOH, that's a lot of damage to the landscape for a druid to be doing. And Ulster would much rather leave the weird ecosystem intact than burn it all down.

I wonder if there's a way to weld all the doors closed.

GreyWolfVT

#192 Post by GreyWolfVT »

weld lol we don't have the technology for that unless we get some smiths maybe...Or a lot of fireballs from outside maybe?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#193 Post by spanningtree »

Causing the controlled or uncontrolled destruction of the ship will probably cause more damage to the environment (and potentially us) I would think. In either case I would think it's going to explode to some extent taking part of the countryside with it. It may leave some kind of radiation or other poison behind. Burying it might be the best proposition, let our kids deal with it. :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#194 Post by GreyWolfVT »

spanningtree wrote:Causing the controlled or uncontrolled destruction of the ship will probably cause more damage to the environment (and potentially us) I would think. In either case I would think it's going to explode to some extent taking part of the countryside with it. It may leave some kind of radiation or other poison behind. Burying it might be the best proposition, let our kids deal with it. :lol:
Bury and let the next generation deal with it ;)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#195 Post by greyarea »

"This module is now a superfund site."

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#196 Post by merias »

Sinking it is a good idea, if possible. Takes care of things in one fell swoop and with no risk to ourselves.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#197 Post by greyarea »

Zhym wrote:"Remember the big door at ground level we couldn't open?," says Ulster. "Let's see if we can find it before we try going back the way we came in."
:D

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#198 Post by greyarea »

Just FYI, I'm getting a visit from Hurricane Florence this weekend. Could be just some rain and winds, could be worse. Likely power outages.

I might not update for a few days. Have a great weekend.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by spanningtree »

Good luck Paul, keep your head down.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#200 Post by tumblingdice »

What Joe said. Also, I told Brandon he could stay at your house. You don't mind, do you?

Return to “Skull Mountain (LL/AEC)”