OOC Chat

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat

#241 Post by Zhym »

Going back through posts and PMs, now I can't figure out why he has as many XP as I have down for him.

Here's what I see for Odo's XP:

Starting XP: 50 (2nd level)
+4 - su monster
+1 - possibly joking XP I'm totally taking seriously
+25 - otyugh, bugbear nest, carrion crawlers, ogre, more bugbears, and clerics
+7 - bugbears and ogres
+3 - drelb

Total: 90 XP—99 if he gets his 10% bonus to all XP; 94 if he gets the bonus only for XP after I rolled him up. That's 5 or 10 fewer than I had him with.

Are you aware of any XP awards I'm missing in that list above?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#242 Post by badams30 »

Zhym wrote:Going back through posts and PMs, now I can't figure out why he has as many XP as I have down for him.

+4 - su monster
+7 - bugbears and ogres
+3 - drelb

Total: 90 XP—99 if he gets his 10% bonus to all XP; 94 if he gets the bonus only for XP after I rolled him up. That's 5 or 10 fewer than I had him with.

I'm awful at tracking XP. TERRIBLE. I always worry that I missed some. At least you have some record of yours, I couldn't muster that much. Thurwin could be 30th level by now and I'd have NO CLUE.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Zhym »

badams30 wrote:I'm awful at tracking XP. TERRIBLE. I always worry that I missed some. At least you have some record of yours, I couldn't muster that much. Thurwin could be 30th level by now and I'd have NO CLUE.
Don't be too impressed. I built that "record" by going back through the posts in this forum today looking for XP awards. :D Once it seems right, I'll add it to my character sheet post, and probably use it from here on, but one of the weaknesses of the Unseen Servant character sheet is there's no historical tracking. Even my old posts with the character sheet are no use, since they were just links that show my current sheet.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#244 Post by greyarea »

What you have looks right to me.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#245 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Zhym wrote:Going back through posts and PMs, now I can't figure out why he has as many XP as I have down for him.

+4 - su monster
+7 - bugbears and ogres
+3 - drelb

I'm awful at tracking XP. TERRIBLE. I always worry that I missed some. At least you have some record of yours, I couldn't muster that much. Thurwin could be 30th level by now and I'd have NO CLUE.
Sadly, I have this in common with Mr. Badams30. :oops: I think Calmert's is pretty close to what Odo has here. :?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Zhym »

It's driving me slightly nuts. I don't think I'd have added XP for no reason, but I can't figure out where those other XP would have come from—or how I could have mistakenly added them. The phantom XP don't even match up to having accidentally entered XP twice.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#247 Post by greyarea »

I am going on vacation and will not be updating the game for a week or so.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#248 Post by spanningtree »

Nice! have a great vacation!. Mine is coming up at the end of July, can't think of much else at this point. 8-)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#249 Post by GreyWolfVT »

works for me have a good vacation greyarea
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#250 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm going to go ahead and announce this now. I have already expressed this to greyarea but I've kind of had my fill of this "mega dungeon" and I am considering retiring Bror and bowing out of this game. Nothing against anyone here at all I've just had my fill of it and kinda feels like there is no end forth coming to an already long running game. Sorry to do it but I think it's just time for me to walk off into the sunset. Granted if greyarea wishes to get someone else to play Bror that is not problem either as I didn't create the character. At any rate I'll see those of you that are in Skull Mountain still and I'm still around in other games as well. Thank you all it has been fun.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#251 Post by greyarea »

No problem. If you want to rejoin later, I will see if we can fit you into the game again.

Does anyone want to take over Bror or do we have him walk off into the sunset? or does anyone want to recruit a new player to take over the PC? If so let me know.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Zhym »

I'm in favor of keeping him around in some form. Didn't we just need his axe to put the drelb down?

GreyWolfVT

#253 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yes you did Zhym. Just take his axe lol

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#254 Post by merias »

Zef has the forester sub-class, so he gets the bonus to-hit with axes, maybe he should just keep it? But he is new, relatively speaking, so it could go to someone else if no one wants to take over Bror.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#255 Post by spanningtree »

I'd say recruit, we need the help!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#256 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hey it's fine with me i didn't make Bror after all. I just inherited him when i asked to join the game. But unfortunately I'd had my fill of the temple dungeon. Sadly so I am parting ways was going to have Bror go merchant hunting possibly but greyarea is the DM so it's up to him and you all. ;) it's been fun though. :)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#257 Post by connivingsumo »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hey it's fine with me i didn't make Bror after all. I just inherited him when i asked to join the game. But unfortunately I'd had my fill of the temple dungeon. Sadly so I am parting ways was going to have Bror go merchant hunting possibly but greyarea is the DM so it's up to him and you all. ;) it's been fun though. :)
Best of luck to ye! It's been fun having you, and I wouldn't mind playing in a game with you again, should the opportunity arise. Say 'Howdy' to Ol'Dandy for me in Skull Mountain.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by Zhym »

Did we already check whether the Martin potions register as magic?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#259 Post by connivingsumo »

Zhym wrote:Did we already check whether the Martin potions register as magic?
I thought we did?? I'll have to click-back and see where that was. I'm thinking we just got a bogus one? *famous last words* :lol:
greyarea wrote:Calmert touches Zef Heal [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3
and Calthas Heal [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2

Zef 16/18
--Calthas 15/18
:shock: HEZOOS! :? With rolls like this (pretty typical for me though LOL) should Calmert just burn up his remaining heals to get everyone "topped-off" and we stay here another night?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Zhym »

Might as well.

Do we think there's any chance we can prevent this tower from having a new set of hostile occupants next time we come back? Would we be able to do it by buying a better lock? Hiring retainers to hold it for us? Putting a big "TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT" sign on the door?

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”