#661 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Oh, sorry, my in town manners are not very good. My name is Tlachtga."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Hi-Lo (mercantile)

#662 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Finally satisfied, Nallissa nods knowingly.

"Nice to meet another strong willed woman here on the island, Tlachtga. Come back any time."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#663 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Yes, nice to meet you for sure. I am off now to see about something that I have been holding off on doing far to long."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#664 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Max rises with the sun and spends time doing his prayers and decides to head to the Hi-Lo to post a sign to find adventurers and inquire more about the Mage Guild. He decides to pull out his Chainmail and put it on recalling the Stonegut assault from when he first arrived.
He mumbled:

Better to be prepared.

Belts his mace and makes his way to the fire pits to see if there is any food available and then on to the Hi-Lo. Enters and begins looking at the walls for any posters or posting area that may be a place to post an ad for Adventurers.

Hello, Nallissa. Good Morning to you. Slept well I hope. How did your experiments with the Goo go for you? I am looking for a spot to post an ad looking for adventurers to find a specific object. Any where around here like that?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#665 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa seems genuinely happy to see the mage again.

"Hello yourself, Max. Good to see you still here with us. And never you mind how I sleep", she jokes.

"I haven't done anything with the goop yet, but I intend to fairly soon."

"An advertisement looking for other adventurers eh? Well, this is the place to meet up if you are looking to join the mages guild, but most people looking for others to explore with usually just ask around town or up in the tavern. What kind of mission are you asking about? I might be able to suggest someone for you."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#666 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

How you are sleeping interests me. Or how you are not sleeping too. I am looking for some heavy hitters, hopefully 4 or 5 more of mixed skills to find a treasure that will help the town. I was given a vision in the forest. A magical item that will help the town out. Not sure what it is but was told it would help everyone here. For the Mage's Guild who is leading it and what are the terms and arrangements?

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#667 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife bustles through the door, panting and sweating. He takes a moment to get his breath back and wipe the sweat from his brow, then finally exhales a "Good morning", to Nalissa and Max.

"Sorry to burst in like that miss, but I think I'm looking for this gentleman here. I've been looking around town all morning for him." The Knife looks up at Max.

"My friends and I are looking for some help. We lost some other friends of ours in the jungle yesterday. We'd like to go and look for them, but we're afraid that our small group will just run into more trouble."

The Knife goes on to explain the circumstances of how Keg's group was split. "If you might be willing to help us for perhaps a couple of days with our problem, then perhaps we could assist you with yours. I know I would be willing to at least."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#668 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa smiles at the gnomes intrusion and mannerisms, allowing the pair to converse together before speaking again.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#669 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Hello I am Max. And you are? So how many of your group are there? I am interested that sounds good to me. And where are you heading to find these friends? Where are you meeting and when are you looking to head out?

He nodds several times and looks to Nallissa.

Do you have any information on this Mage Guild? I need to find some others who have spells they are willing to share. What I have is great for the city but not so good for combat in a hot jungle.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#670 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife reaches up to shake Max's hand. "Nice to meet you Max. We're The Knife. Our friends are Darklin and Feanol. Well, they're the ones here in Beachtown. The ones who are missing are Keg, Keyon and Elnaerel."

"We think they must be down by the river somewhere. But there's a horrible sea monster in between here and there. And we were attacked by a giant baboon as well. Just three of us would find it hard to get back there. Then we'd have to search the jungle for them".

"I'm thinking that if it takes half a day each way to get to the river, may be it would take only one or two days to find them. They can't be that lost."

"Maybe there's some others around here we can recruit."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#671 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Darklin2 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:55 pmDo you have any information on this Mage Guild? I need to find some others who have spells they are willing to share. What I have is great for the city but not so good for combat in a hot jungle.
Nallissa looks back and forth from the sign to Max several times as she answers.

“It’s run by Grand Master Chauncey, master of earth and water.”

“They have one-for-one spell exchange for all dues paying members, which sounds right up your alley, and plenty of other perks.”

“And it’s only 55 gold to get in,”
she smiles.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#672 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Wow! 55 gold. Where am I supposed to get that out here? Guess I will just have to ask around. If I fall into a pit of gold I'll be back. Thanks for the info Nallissa. Looks like I am heading back into the jungle. But not after mud this time.

Turns to Knife

So when you say You. You mean we as in you and your Knife? Ok works for me, to each his own. So where do you and this other person stay at maybe we should have a meeting about this little trip we are planning. Get the gear needs down and what we are taking.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#673 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa just shrugs.

"Well, I didn't set the price, and don't really know much about such things, but Avaala said the fees and monthly dues were more than fair."

Once you guys are ready for a new game thread, just let me know and I will create a spot for you to discuss the upcoming mission in one place.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#674 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Well Knife, why don't you follow me back to my tent and you will know where I can be found and then we can bring in the others and have a discussion about the return to the jungle.

Thank you, Nallissa. I know you are just the middle woman, not your doing. I'll just talk to other mages in town and see what I can find.

He opens the door and heads back to his tent.

OOC-I am ready. It is going to be back to find the Lost Keg Patrol.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#675 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

"Yes, that's right, I'm The Knife and so is he." The Knife pats the hilt of the large blade he carries. "Thank you for agreeing to help us. I'll come along with you, then go in search of Darklin and Feanol."

Once Max leaves, The Knife follows along with him to his quarters.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#676 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Stepping into the shop, she begins to look around particularly for a hand axe, daggers, and spears.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#677 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:32 pm Feanol

Stepping into the shop, she begins to look around particularly for a hand axe, daggers, and spears.
Nallissa looks hard at the frail female elf, trying to remember her name.

"Hello there again. You looking for weapons? Because you don't appear the type for combat, if you don't mind my observation."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#678 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Well yes I am, but not for me. I'd like a hand axe, and what do daggers run and spears if you have any?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#679 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:21 pm Feanol

"Well yes I am, but not for me. I'd like a hand axe, and what do daggers run and spears if you have any?"
Sorry, I spaced on this one. :oops:

Nallissa starts showing the elf what she has available.

"This is a very nice hand ax, and Its only 5 gold coins"

"I have quite a few daggers, also 5 gold."

"And these two are what I have for spears. All good quality, and also 5 gold coins a piece."

"I sure hope you don't start calling my store the 5 gold piece store,"
she says with a chuckle.

All of the weapons do indeed look to be of a high quality.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#680 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

She quickly counts out 20 gp and chooses the hand axe and three of the spears. "These will do nicely, Thanks Nallissa"

Weighed down with her new purchases (actually dragging the spear hafts behind her) she struggles back to her tent to prep for the next days start.

Return to “Completed Missions”