Hi-Lo (mercantile)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Hi-Lo (mercantile)

#641 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Well you are always welcome to leave, but that fare isn't cheap either. I think the good captain charges 500 gold for the trip home, just to discourage the practice. But maybe you could work something out with him the next time he is around."

"Like I just mentioned, if you have building experience, they would love to have you help with the healing house that is still under construction. It might not pay as well as you're used to, but you will surely gain the respect of anyone who needs to use it."

"As far as fishing or hunting, if there were any game or fish left around these parts, the people wouldn't be so hungry."
She looks around the room for a moment, seeing the Princess who is still waiting to speak to her privately. She exclaims to no one in particular. "I feel like there might be an echo in here."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#642 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Thank You, Nallissa. I will find something to work on. Thank You for your time.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#643 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

The Princess's entire demeanor towards Max changes as he mentions that he was a carpenter. Suddenly she's all smiles and warm looks.

"Max! You sly dog, you never mentioned that you were a carpenter! All you mentioned was your guild ties. How intriguing!" She looks to Nallissa. "I think this wonderful man may be able to help us with our little project."

Back to Max. "Tell me, how interested are you in building a decent workshop for various uses?"

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#644 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Would be helpful to the towns people and help move this place along to a more civilized existance. Only draw back is I am low on funds and apparently there is no wood or saw mill around to produce any building materials. Bamboo would work but it would be very primitive. I am more than willing to help if we can find the stuff to do it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#645 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:51 pm The Princess looks to Nallissa. "I think this wonderful man may be able to help us with our little project."
"Oh right. I didn't even think of that, just figuring that the healing house would take precedence."

"If you want to set up some plans to get things started, be my guest."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#646 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"Oh it should, of course, but it looks like the process would be the same. Bamboo for posts, fronds and leaves for walls and ceilings. At least temporarily."

She turns back to Max. "Excellent! Now I've learned that there is a large sawblade right here in town. I'm sure with the proper knowledge, one could set that to work." She squints and appraises Max as if for the first time, finally deciding to trust him.

"I dabble in alchemy and am trying to set up a workspace just outside. That's what all my crates are full of. Various tools, anvils, forges, crucibles, flasks, and whatnot. All I need is a decent roof and I...we...can get started producing some interesting concoctions. As well as other odd jobs."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#647 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Well Princess if you need somewhere to work right away you could use part of my tent. I have it set up with plenty of room it sleeps 10 men.
Any idea who the saw mill might belong to? Getting it set up and running would make it easier to improve this place. Do we have any workers that I could set to tasks and then bounce between the Clinic and the Workshop?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#648 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa

"The crate was addressed to a Monocar Jemara, but I haven't seen the big guy around here for a while. A friend of his said that he ran into some bad luck in the jungle, and that he would purchase the equipment in his stead, but he hasn't been around for a couple of days either. So, I don't know what the true status of that crate is right now."

"We had a really good builder around here for a while. He is the one who built this place."
She knocks hard on the sturdy wall behind her.

"His name was Owen, but I think it's been mentioned that he moved into the jungle to live with the tree dwellers, and he hasn't been seen since."

"I don't think there are any other laborers around that could fill that gap, but maybe one of the farmers might have some better information."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#649 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

So basically everyone who might have requested the saw has moved on or departed. So since you are in possession of the crate and you are the seller has it been paid for? If so can I take possession of it and start setting it up. I am sure it was ordered on behalf of Beachtown and helping the community. I don't wish to see it set there and go to waste. But I don't want to take from someone either.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#650 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"The tent could work...but likely not. Some of the mixtures may be rather pungent and most would rather not sleep right next to them."

She nods at Max. "A good idea though. No immediate hurry, I need to go on a diplomatic mission today anyway. If you have the time, I'd really appreciate anything you can erect. I'm sure we can work out some kind of working arrangement when everything is set up."

She looks at Nallissa. "He makes a fair point, you know. Good of the town and all. Perhaps you could take possession of it until this Monocar returns. It wouldn't be given to anyone else, but it could still be used. A storage charge, of sorts."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#651 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa ponders the idea for a moment.

“Yes, that makes sense. I think I will give the man another day or two first though, in case he comes back and doesn’t see things that way.”

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#652 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Ok. I will stop back in a few days. Hope the guy is Ok and not laying dead somewhere. Princess I will get to work and see what I can get done while you are gone. Could you show me where you are thinking to put the Workshop. I will get some corner post and start soon. I should be able to move back and forth between the Clinic and here. A day at a time.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#653 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga heads to the Hi-Lo to see about purchasing some rations.

"What do you have available for rations or food stuffs?"

Assuming that at this point she is leveled up, at full HP and has her full spell slots available.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#654 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tlachtga finds a rotund dark skinned woman sitting behind the counter when she arrives. She looks the druidess up and down for a moment before responding.

"Hello there. We do have some iron rations for sale, but they are not cheap. Foodstuffs are usually a bit hard to come by here. Say, are you new to town? I don't remember seeing you around before."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#655 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"No, I am not new to town, but I spend most of my time in the jungle so I come and go for short periods of time. I am a Druidess and too long away from the wilds tends to make me uncomfortable. How much for 5 days of iron rations? If would help you out I can also insure your water is pure, up to 22 gallons anyways."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#656 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa smiles kindly at the reply.

"I see. Well it is nice to meet you all the same. I am called Nallissa, and this is my place here now, I guess, though that still seems weird to say."

Producing a tightly packed bundle of dried meats, nuts, and hard tack, the storekeeper nods as if she is almost embarrassed to discuss price.

"We get all our water fresh and cold, from the river up the beach. It isn't easy to collect, but it is as fresh and clean as you can find anywhere, so no need for purification, as far as I know. I can sell you a weeks worth of trail rations for 25 gold coins, though."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#657 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Taken." She hands over 25gp.

"If you ever need anything, particularly plant or animal stuff, let me know. I may be able to help depending on what it is."

Sheet updated

If Nallissa continues the conversation she will stay and talk, otherwise she heads off to experiment with the Jade Dog.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#658 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The woman takes the coins with a confused smile.

"Great! Thanks! It was nice to meet you.........Taken, was it?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#659 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Sorry, slang where I come from. I will take the rations."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman