Everyday Life in Beachtown

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#41 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nuke66 wrote:"Well, let's take a walk, pick a spot with me, close, but not in the village here." Raythan says
Owen

"Sure! Sure! Let me just put my clothes away before they run off again and I will go with you to pick out a nice little parcel of land.

You have coin, right?"

The large man stores his wet clothes in his room and heads out down the beach towards the East.

"Just how far outside of the town were you thinking, Raythan?"

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by Nuke66 »

"I got coin, rest assured. I was thinking on the eastern edge, pushing the size a bit. I think the river may be too far, but we'll see." Raythan stands there waiting patiently. As they walk, he discussed his thoughts. "I am thinking about a solid log structure, might take a few weeks. Maybe 20x30, something substantial."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#43 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Owen

"That will be a lot of work, and take some time, but I can get it done for you. Just tell me how far outside of town you want to be. I will have to clear cut a pretty big area to get enough logs for something that size. I can use thatch for the roof.

I'd say I could do it in 3 weeks. I would charge you.........200 gold pieces."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Nuke66 »

Detecting some hesitation in his voice, Raythan counters, "I would offer 170 gold, 40 a week, with a 50 gold bonus upon completion.."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#45 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"You gotta deal, Raythan!

Just show me where! I'll get started cutting today!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#46 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Urson wrote:Luther

Then I'll see what I kin do. Luther grins, starting to feel like Nehru may actually be a decent person after all.

Rejoining Chauncey and the little thief, Luther says, What other plans you fella got for the rest of the afternoon? I got some snares to make, I want to scratch up some drinkable water, and I better get a decent night's sleep. That'll be a lot easier on solid ground, believe me.
Luther asks around about obtaining some drinking water. He is told that normal runs to the river to fetch water usually only happen in the morning unless it is an emergency. It seems that going that far every couple of days for water is becoming a major hassle for most of the townsfolk. There is one community water barrel near the Hi-Lo that is about half full of usable water that will last the rest of today.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Upon exiting the Hi-Lo to search for Wesfaeren, Chauncey spots the druid heading for the tree line. "Wesley, Wesley!" he cries. When he catches up he continues. "Wesley, you must be careful. Through the random and generalized exchange of gossip and information around the outpost, I've come to believe there may be some poisonous frogs about, possibly along the tree line. I mean to collect some for study. Who knows? Perhaps an antidote could be devised? Perhaps we could aid one another in our respective endeavors?" He holds up his waterproof, and presumably poison-proof, gloves and bag for Wesley to see.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Urson »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Luther asks around about obtaining some drinking water. He is told that normal runs to the river to fetch water usually only happen in the morning unless it is an emergency. It seems that going that far every couple of days for water is becoming a major hassle for most of the townsfolk. There is one community water barrel near the Hi-Lo that is about half full of usable water that will last the rest of today.
Well, Iffen I gotta go anyway, I might as well make it worthwhile. You folks got some buckets? I'll fetch back what I can.

Luther's intent is to get water at the river, plus bring back some for the communal barrel.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Common townsperson :D

"You mean to go right now? This late in the day? By yourself?

That aint exactly very safe mister! We usually go with a big group......and in the mornings."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Nuke66 »

Raythan

"Let's head east. When you cut trees, cut them in a path to the river. Just how far down that path is the question."

OOC: how far is it from the edge of the village to the river?

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes exits the treeline, deep in thought. He seems to notice Chauncey only when the magic-user is almost on top of him. "Eh, what's that? Bags? Frogs? Oh yes, there are a few nasty specimens about. That's what I was doing in there, rounding up a few herbs, see if I could brew up something that might help. You're welcome to watch if you like. Hmm, those gloves look like they'll come in handy".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Jernau35 wrote:Wes

Wes exits the treeline, deep in thought. He seems to notice Chauncey only when the magic-user is almost on top of him. "Eh, what's that? Bags? Frogs? Oh yes, there are a few nasty specimens about. That's what I was doing in there, rounding up a few herbs, see if I could brew up something that might help. You're welcome to watch if you like. Hmm, those gloves look like they'll come in handy".
"You've been in already! My dear Wesley, you must be more careful." says Chauncey. He blinks, then says "Wait, you did see a frog? Did it look poisonous? Sharp teeeth? Claws? I have no idea what they look like, really, these particular ones, I mean... would you be so kind as to point one out to me?" He holds up his gloves. "I've bought these, at the usual exorbitant prices, in order to pick them up safely - I've no idea of the nature of their venom. Is it on the skin? In the aforementioned fangs? ...Oh, have you've already gathered all the herbs you need? I would like to observe the brewing, if you don't mind. Could come in handy."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#53 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nuke66 wrote:Raythan

"Let's head east. When you cut trees, cut them in a path to the river. Just how far down that path is the question."

OOC: how far is it from the edge of the village to the river?
Hexes are one mile. It is about 4 miles to the river from Beachtown. It is a long way to walk, especially fully loaded with pails on the return trip.

There is a well trampled path through the sand that acts as a trail, allowing normal movement rate there and back.

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6346#p293953
Owen

"Sure! Lets find you a nice spot with a little natural clearing. I wouldn't get too far away from town if I were you though."

Raythan and Owen begin checking the jungle in an eastward direction.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Urson »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Common townsperson :D

That aint exactly very safe mister! We usually go with a big group......and in the mornings."
Why? How far is it from here?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Nuke66 »

Raythan

"I figure about 40-50 yards, about half your logs will come from the trail village. The rest we can either expand the clearing, or towards the river. All I know is that I don't want to have a tree within 30 feet." Raythan adds.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#56 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Urson wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote:Common townsperson :D

Why? How far is it from here?
"Its a ways away, mister. It takes about 2 hours to walk there from here. Probably double that for you in armor and with all that stuff you're carrying around. That'd be...........4 hours."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#57 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nuke66 wrote:Raythan

"I figure about 40-50 yards, about half your logs will come from the trail village. The rest we can either expand the clearing, or towards the river. All I know is that I don't want to have a tree within 30 feet." Raythan adds.
Owen
Good idea! A little trail from town to your clearing, about 50 yards out. Let's walk it off and get a closer look at the exact placement. I can get started right away!"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Urson »

OGRE MAGE wrote: "Its a ways away, mister. It takes about 2 hours to walk there from here. Probably double that for you in armor and with all that stuff you're carrying around. That'd be...........4 hours."
I see. I guess I'll hafta use some of what's already here, then.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Jernau35 »

ChubbyPixie wrote:
Jernau35 wrote:Wes

"You've been in already! My dear Wesley, you must be more careful." says Chauncey. He blinks, then says "Wait, you did see a frog? Did it look poisonous? Sharp teeeth? Claws? I have no idea what they look like, really, these particular ones, I mean... would you be so kind as to point one out to me?" He holds up his gloves. "I've bought these, at the usual exorbitant prices, in order to pick them up safely - I've no idea of the nature of their venom. Is it on the skin? In the aforementioned fangs? ...Oh, have you've already gathered all the herbs you need? I would like to observe the brewing, if you don't mind. Could come in handy."
Wes

"Oh it's not so dangerous if you show the proper respect" Wes replies to Chauncey. "Obad Hai watches over those who revere his works".

"I didn't see any frogs while I was in there. Saw a monkoon though. Didn't seem so dangerous close up. The dangerous ones are usually brightly coloured to warn off predators, so stay away from those. Frogs, not monkoons that is

"You're welcome to come along and watch me brew this up. Many hands, light work and all that".

Wes, along with anybody who chooses to go along with him, heads back towards the west of town. He brews up the herbal tea for the frog victim, and gives a sample of each of its ingredients to his carers, with instructions on how to make further batches.

Once that is done, Wes will return to the Treehouse for one last drink and reflect on his very busy first day on the island.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger again strolls thru Beachtown, this time cutting a wider swath, desiring to see the outskirts and treeline.

Still hoping to spy old Harold, the Halfling again exchanges polite smiles with anyone he runs across, and conversation with those who may speak.

Return to “Completed Missions”